The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@orange&white --Welcome! You finally came over to the dark side! I was trying to think of ways to get you here. Road trip to 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine 's house next summer! He said he has tons of "outbuildings". You take one and me & troublemaker @foxxycat will take the other! ;)
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --It figures you wrote another post about August. You talk about August so much, you should just marry it. I found a song for you and your girlfriend August. This song fits because Sting said in an interview that this is not really a love song, it's a song about obsession!
@foxxycat --Did you ever notice that Jon looks a little like Sting with glasses? Don't tell him I said that, he might get a big ego. :D Song below:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine hot off the old iPhone:
IMG_0946.JPG
IMG_0944.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG

...a few of my wooden cat figurines, and one of the identical brass cat bookends.
M maggiedemi A beautiful song on some levels. But having had more than one stalker in my past, it makes my blood run cold. It also always makes me think of Nicole Brown Simpson.
Anyway, we'll leave that and be PAWSitive. *CATS*

Last edited:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@orange&white --Welcome! You finally came over to the dark side! I was trying to think of ways to get you here. Road trip to 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine 's house next summer! He said he has tons of "outbuildings". You take one and me & troublemaker @foxxycat will take the other! ;)
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --It figures you wrote another post about August. You talk about August so much, you should just marry it. I found a song for you and your girlfriend August. This song fits because Sting said in an interview that this is not really a love song, it's a song about obsession!
@foxxycat --Did you ever notice that Jon looks a little like Sting with glasses? Don't tell him I said that, he might get a big ego. :D Song below:
That was the #1 song in America the day I was born. Maybe that's why I can get so obsessive myself.

Lelia got a fancy feast broth as a Gotcha Day treat (also it's 90 bajillion degrees outside so I figured the extra moisture would be good). I tried to share it with her sister, but S, the normally greedy eater/reason Lelia has a microchip feeder, wouldn't touch it. Huh, cats. So Lelia got the whole thing, lucky girl.

20180826_141245.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi , dang I haven't laughed that hard since, ummm, a while - you're a HOOT!! What fun :) seriously needed that :thumbsup:

I think we lost our buddy the praying mantis. To add insult to injury, after my nearly drowning the poor thing a couple times while watering only to see it "surface" out of the dense plant it was spending its time in, practically coughing and snorting and shaking its head, --if it could anyway, only to have it get washed away (?) by a very real storm that reminded me of a hurricane - sideways rain pummeling down that just wouldn't stop, and then a couple days later, again. I haven't seen it since then, let's put it that way. :disappointed:

Here are a couple shots of our other, feathered buddies out on the eastern plains, taken Friday;

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi , dang I haven't laughed that hard since, ummm, a while - you're a HOOT!! What fun :) seriously needed that :thumbsup:

I think we lost our buddy the praying mantis. To add insult to injury, after my nearly drowning the poor thing a couple times while watering only to see it "surface" out of the dense plant it was spending its time in, practically coughing and snorting and shaking its head, --if it could anyway, only to have it get washed away (?) by a very real storm that reminded me of a hurricane - sideways rain pummeling down that just wouldn't stop, and then a couple days later, again. I haven't seen it since then, let's put it that way. :disappointed:

Here are a couple shots of our other, feathered buddies out on the eastern plains, taken Friday;
Thanks for sharing those gorgeous raptors with us, Furballsmom Furballsmom ! I especially like Candidate No. 1. *Sorry about the mantis. But (s)he could still be around somewhere, just fed up with the torrents!*

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
But (s)he could still be around somewhere, just fed up with the torrents!*
I'm hoping :crossfingers:

Positive, it's beautiful outside, lots of puffy clouds, some rain-ish looking clouds here 'n there, and some Very Large thunderheads off in the distance.

Funny, NOAA said no rain's forecast today. How about that??!! o_O

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 just for you - a different view;

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi - Just wait until you see the rhymes I have set aside for the month of Septembi, MaggieDemi.

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping :crossfingers:

Positive, it's beautiful outside, lots of puffy clouds, some rain-ish looking clouds here 'n there, and some Very Large thunderheads off in the distance.

Funny, NOAA said no rain's forecast today. How about that??!! o_O

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 just for you - a different view;
TYSM! I do love the hawks and falcons. They are so fierce and beautiful, like cats in a way. We had a visiting hawk in the Mojave -- (s)he had a messed-up wing but could still navigate well enough to feed him/herself very well. (S)he would sit in the silk tree outside the master bedroom window and watch me for long times! And we've had redtail(s) here, too.
IMG_2805 (1).JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TYSM! I do love the hawks and falcons. They are so fierce and beautiful, like cats in a way. We had a visiting hawk in the Mojave -- (s)he had a messed-up wing but could still navigate well enough to feed him/herself very well. (S)he would sit in the silk tree outside the master bedroom window and watch me for long times! And we've had redtail(s) here, too. View attachment 249882
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - That's a great shot!

When I moved here, fifteen years ago, the Bald Eagle population in northern Niagara County had just begun to rise again, after nearly sixty years of being "none reported" on the County's records. As the individual towns make some common sense progress by banning open fires and leaf burns, enacting noise ordinances and cleaning up the waterways, that fifteen years has shown vast improvement in populations.

eagleapril18.jpg

eaglejune30.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --Yeah, I really feel like I won the crown. I am the queen of jokes. Mr. Fancy Pants will never top that. Winning! ;)
Shane Kent Shane Kent --Cool! I didn't know you had a cat room. I have a room with a gate for the cats when visitors come over, but we call it "the prison". I guess my fam has a weird sense of humor. :D
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --I'm glad you liked the Desert Rose song! I'll have to look up more Cheb Mami. Sorry you didn't like the other Sting song, I don't know why he made it an obsession song rather than a love song. Musicians are weird sometimes!
That reminds me of another one of my favorite songs. It's a positive because it's a beautiful song. But at the concert at the Corel Centre in Ottawa, Dave Matthews said that it's not really a love song, it's about a peeping tom! It ruined my favorite song for me! It's still pretty though. Listen to the drums & violins and the words at the beginning. Song below:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent -- no, my ring holder is a papier mache type, from Alexandria, VA. I think it originated, though, in Indonesia -- that's the style, anyway.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- TYSM! I just happened to have the camera at the right moment -- (s)he deserves all the credit, though. A tall bird! One of my dearest internet friends, who almost made 100 years, was an avid watcher of one of the bald eagle cams back east -- can't recall which one it was, but it was public, and a lot of us tuned in every day to watch the progress of the family and see the eggs hatch, the chicks grow and fledge. It was fascinating! A golden eagle landed on our drive in the Mojave once -- I did a doubletake because it was SO big. Unfortunately I wasn't near a device at the time. I'll never forget it, though.
M maggiedemi Oh, no, I love the song, it's a beautiful song! It's just the associations I don't like and he did say he wrote it about that subject. Cheb Mami has a lot of material out -- he is enormously famous and loved! This is the kind of music I'm a fan of and I was raised on what's called worldbeat. The first time I heard rock -- well, let's just say I was not impressed. I also worked in the music business and I'm pretty picky about music. I like many kinds. But that 4/4 "beat it with a rock" beat and the screaming guitars and screaming voices that sound like they are so angry -- why are they angry? They have everything?!! Anyway, there are many Rai artists and Cheb Mami is one of the greatest/most popular. Also if you like rock you might check out Rachid Taha, who some people call a Rai artist but he isn't really -- he has his own style drawing heavily from rock as well as other western music styles. He puts on a great show and is one of my favorites.
IMG_0912.JPG

My little ring-bearer

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@tarasgirl - Almost looks like it came from under the hill - the luckwearer; and the barrel-rider.

;)

I've seen one Golden Eagle, but I'll never forget it. Almost like a cat with wings.
Yeah, something like that, indeed! ;)
And yeah again. Big ol' bird. FIERCE eyes. Challenging me. I couldn't believe my eyes!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, something like that, indeed! ;)
And yeah again. Big ol' bird. FIERCE eyes. Challenging me. I couldn't believe my eyes!
We have Turkey Vultures here in great numbers - huge birds, with dark, doleful eyes. Now and then they'll do their wingtip-to-wingtip mating dance on the back lawn in Spring, but they seem such gentle creatures compared to the raptors. "Fierce," is a good description, I think.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My PAWsotive was that tonight, after a long day trying to "retail smile" with a swollen, painful face, I came home to a crock pot tomato basil soup and my favorite spot on the couch being saved...
IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

Mog entertained me by playing mousie-fetch while Lucy and Mondo hung out with me on the couch. My dear husband made dinner, and did the dishes. Everyone's being so sweet to me, I might have to get my teeth pulled out more often!

Status
Not open for further replies.