The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
but the fur cats are on me now
Shane Kent Shane Kent - "Fur cats." "Mouse cheese." "Alligator ears." You sure can learn a lot around here!

Our cold front dropped nine-tenths of an inch of rain here in just under two hours, and the second front is just minutes away, showing three connected rotating thunderstorms marching up Lake Erie. There's no question that the drought has now lost its death grip!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ummmm 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I am 100% down to make my own cat pajamas. I even have that printer they used in the tutorial, as well as some extra iron-on paper. Now, the only hard part is picking the perfect photos! Thanks for the idea!
M maggiedemi tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 As for generic cat PJs - we sell this really cool brand at my work which is made in the USA. They're nice, comfy cotton flannel, voile or Pima:
The Cat's Pajamas | Women's Cotton and Flannel Pajamas

I was sporting this one last night which has genetic (but cute,) kitties:
Catnip Flannel Pant

They usually have a good selection of cat prints, but this year there's only a few. I should probably sell them my design once I DIY my Mog and Lucy print pajamas.

Happy Black Cat Appreciation Day!

In the PAWsitive, my friend's black cat and her new rescued kitten are starting to get along really well! She found the new kitten (also a tortie,) under some bushes in her parents new house as they were moving in, and nursed her back to health. Her resident kitty was a little hesitant to welcome the newcomer at first, but now they're fast friends and cuddling!

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think, --I guess? that this must the case for a lot of members. There have been numerous posts, some of them time-sensitive, hanging in the unanswered thread section time and time again for the past weeks, plus at least one person said she was asking for help in the raw feeding forum and didn't get any replies for a really L-O-N-G time. From me personally, many thanks to you-all who are regular posters here in this thread who've stepped in to answer people.

I'd been meaning to ask those of you who've been here in years previous if this is normal for so many members and staff to not be logged on, but it sounds like not...
Thanks for voicing your concern. I thought I'd respond here.
On a very positive note - always good to remember that 100% of our team members are volunteers and have been so generous with their time helping cat owners over the years :cutecat:

It can happen that some of them are away at the same time - especially during the summertime.

Each and every TCS member is very welcome to help out! You don't need a special ribbon or title to offer support. Helping a new member by linking to one of our existing article goes a long way - even if you don't feel you're an expert on the topic yourself.

Last - but not least - if you see a post that's been left unanswered for 48 hours or longer, please flag it.

Again, the best thing would be for you to reply and offer your own support and advice - but if you can't for some reason, then flag it. We do monitor the unanswered threads and it's rare to see anything unanswered for more than 24 hours, however, it can happen that people keep adding to their question, making it more difficult for others to see the question was in fact left unanswered.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@walli --Hi Pal! Thanks for coming over. I hope you stick around, it's a really fun thread. My brother lives in San Antonio, Texas. :)
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Thanks for the link, but I can barely make a sandwich, I don't think I can make my own pajamas. Art class was my only grade under high nineties in high school. An 82. :eek2:
Shane Kent Shane Kent --Love the ring holder kitty. That's a great idea.
My positive for today is I woke up at 5am to a Demi kitty dancing on top of me. I chose to view this as a positive anyway. I don't even need an alarm clock. :lol:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Thanks for the link, but I can barely make a sandwich, I don't think I can make my own pajamas.
M maggiedemi - Oh, for Heaven's sake - you don't make the actual pajamas - just the iron-on transfers! Once they're printed, it's just like making a grilled cheese sandwich!

Our long line of thunderstorms last night and through this morning produced quite nearly a second full inch of rain here, leaving us now - with August's kind favours - perhaps three inches shy of our average Summer rainfall. Cooler temperatures (barely seventy degrees currently) have left that lawn quite nearly green again, save for a few small grilled cheese toast coloured patches.

Bonus pawsitive: The pink Rose of Sharon seems to have had its selector switch now set to "perpetual" and continues to defy its own nature, by blooming nearly three weeks past its usual retreat into dormancy.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Those are GREAT! A little rich for my blood, but what a wonderful selection. I like the bee-wear, too :reddragonfly:
Shane Kent Shane Kent -- so we're cat ring-holder twins! Yours looks like it's in perfect condition. Mine belonged to my grandmother on my mom's side, and she actually used it for its intended purpose. Now it's on the "what-not shelf" in the dining room.
A nice cool morning leading into yet another warm sauna-like day. Enjoyed watering the plants and looking forward to a very successful Clear The Shelters Day where many, many sweet cats and kittens find their loving permanent homes (and hopefully, their persons/families will find TCS!):cheerleader:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Enjoyed watering the plants and looking forward to a very successful Clear The Shelters Day where many, many sweet cats and kittens find their loving permanent homes (and hopefully, their persons/families will find TCS!):cheerleader:
For those who are unaware of the fact, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 devotes her days and her Life to helping to place shelter cats with Loving Families - finding places in no-kill shelters for cats in high-kill shelters, and acting as advocate and guardian for thousands of kitties every year.

Dear Friend, you remind me so much of that passage in Truman Capote's Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird, wherein Jem explains to Jean Louise the political cartoon about their Father:

'We were surprised one morning to see a cartoon in the Montgomery Advertiser, above the caption, "Maycomb's Finch." It showed Atticus barefooted and in short pants, chained to a desk: he was diligently writing on a slate while some frivolous-looking girls yelled, "Yoo-hoo!" at him.

"That's a compliment," explained Jem. "He spends his time doin' things that wouldn't get done if nobody did 'em." '

Hats off to you, kiddo. You will doubtless later reap as you've sown (with a nod toward Paul's Letter to the Galatians).

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M maggiedemi , just remember, this is the same person
Once they're printed, it's just like making a grilled cheese sandwich!
who's talking about alligator ears :lol2:

My positive is that my cat is an excellent weather forecaster. Some tv station really oughta hire him, I'm tellin' ya. He's better looking too, even if we're past Black Cat Day :thumbsup: :cloud9:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those who are unaware of the fact, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 devotes her days and her Life to helping to place shelter cats with Loving Families - finding places in no-kill shelters for cats in high-kill shelters, and acting as advocate and guardian for thousands of kitties every year.

Dear Friend, you remind me so much of that passage in Truman Capote's Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird, wherein Jem explains to Jean Louise the political cartoon about their Father:

'We were surprised one morning to see a cartoon in the Montgomery Advertiser, above the caption, "Maycomb's Finch." It showed Atticus barefooted and in short pants, chained to a desk: he was diligently writing on a slate while some frivolous-looking girls yelled, "Yoo-hoo!" at him.

"That's a compliment," explained Jem. "He spends his time doin' things that wouldn't get done if nobody did 'em." '

Hats off to you, kiddo. You will doubtless later reap as you've sown (with a nod toward Paul's Letter to the Galatians).
Thanks for the props! Well, yeah, it's one of many things I do, but perhaps the thing I love most -- besides spending time with and loving my sweet cats. Actually, there are an unknown number of us, quite a few possibly, on social media doing this every day. On facebook, we've been referred to as an "underground army". Hey, whatever gets it done.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --All this Alligator talk lately has me confused. :headscratch:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --I think I've proven that my talents lie elsewhere than "making" things. Even if it is just iron-ons. :D
My positive for the day is the Mega Millions jackpot is up to $102 million and I think I'm gonna buy a ticket. I had to wait for it to get up there high enough, because I've got a big family to share it with. And maybe some friends too. ;)

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 yeah, the clothing in the shop I work at can be priced a little ridiculously. Well, a lot ridiculously, actually. I only have them because I get a good discount, sometimes even for free with our commission system. Plus, it's difficult to find pjs in natural fibers anymore.

On a PAWsitive note: its so inspiring to hear about your tireless work to help shelter cats! Finding these sweet kitties homes, and saving them from the dangers of the high-kill shelters is such a noble pursuit. It's absolutely amazing to hear about your work, and I hope all the kitties you placed are in loving homes with future TCS members as owners!

IMG_0431.JPG

Lucy agrees!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately the following was broken when I bought it but I only paid 2 dollars for it at a thrift store. You can see the cracks on the back of the nurse:( I couldn't resist getting it to share on here, it is so darn cute.

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Karen asked people at her store why they keep getting the pet beds when other stores don't get as many. She was told they ship to where items sell the best. If you locate a HomeSense in the new city you are moving to maybe you could request they get them if they don't normally get them. If you want I could always purchase one here and ship it to you. Of course I would get Karen to take lots of photos to show you. I would not have a problem with you sending money after you receive it. I would be purchasing it in Canadian dollars. A dollar Canadian is 76 cents US right now. If they get the $60 dollar ones that would only be $46 US. My sister in-law goes to New York state a lot in the spring. She has a PO Box in New York state that she has costumes for her dance studio shipped to.

Have a great Friday everyone:)
Shane Kent Shane Kent , these musical kitties are just precious and the song playing for the little kitty recuperating just melts my heart!

Alice catlady Alice catlady the photos of Prague are stunning. The buildings are surely magnificent and beautiful! I really enjoy seeing these photos.

It is so good to see the photos of the black kitties - Clawed Ya, Black Friday, Oz 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , Sophie @kat0121 and Baby Su tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 ! I'm hoping all the black cats had a wonderful day.

Today is the first day of my four-day mini-vacation, I am going to need the rest as I just viewed my schedule for when I return to work, packing seven days of of work into four! :dizzy: At least, I should be well-rested and Speedy and I will spend special times together these next four days, my hope is that we will catch some wonderful old movies online together! :popcorn:

Have a great Caturday, all!:catrub:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 yeah, the clothing in the shop I work at can be priced a little ridiculously. Well, a lot ridiculously, actually. I only have them because I get a good discount, sometimes even for free with our commission system. Plus, it's difficult to find pjs in natural fibers anymore.

On a PAWsitive note: its so inspiring to hear about your tireless work to help shelter cats! Finding these sweet kitties homes, and saving them from the dangers of the high-kill shelters is such a noble pursuit. It's absolutely amazing to hear about your work, and I hope all the kitties you placed are in loving homes with future TCS members as owners!

View attachment 248297

Lucy agrees!
Adorable Lucy, tinydestroyer tinydestroyer !
You may be giving me too much credit, though, actually, as I do not place them myself. Most of those I advocate for are in the NYCACC system and I am in L.A. The work I do is online, crossposting and sometimes personally responding to people inquiring about cats. I never personally see them, but since many if not most adoptions are at least started by seeing a prospective adoptee online, this is the effective way of getting them seen and yes, hopefully adopted into loving permanent homes. Anyone can do this, from anywhere, as long as they have a device and social media account(s) and/or blogs. You just follow or like the shelter/ACC on your social media account, and then check in daily to see who is needing a loving home, and share them with your caring friends, groups, and to rescues.

Last edited:

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , Furballsmom Furballsmom and R raysmyheart thank you! Prague is such an amazing city. It’s the kind of city that is easy to fall in love with, with so much history, art, good food and beautiful places. It’s like you can’t walk more than 10 steps without finding a new beautiful detail. :lol: I just love the old bridge, and it’s amazing to walk over it and think about the fact that they started building it in the 1350s. It blowes my mind every time.

And my pawsitive today is also that it is really good to be home again. The kittens were more than a little happy to see me. :D

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , Furballsmom Furballsmom and R raysmyheart thank you! Prague is such an amazing city. It’s the kind of city that is easy to fall in love with, with so much history, art, good food and beautiful places. It’s like you can’t walk more than 10 steps without finding a new beautiful detail. :lol: I just love the old bridge, and it’s amazing to walk over it and think about the fact that they started building it in the 1350s. It blowes my mind every time.

And my pawsitive today is also that it is really good to be home again. The kittens were more than a little happy to see me. :D
I can imagine that that was reciprocated, Alice catlady Alice catlady ! I don't travel any more, for several reasons, the first being that I would not trust anyone else to care for my beloved cats. So I can well imagine how glad you are to be home with yours again! It is a very beautiful city, but your own home is wonderful as well. :yess:

Alice catlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 yes, I’ve missed them a lot, so it was good to see them again. :) I’m lucky, my mum is my closest neighbour, so she looks after the cats. She also looks after them a bit when I’m working, unless my hubby is home, so I trust her and the cats know her. She’s also been sending me pictures and updates, so I don’t have to wonder If they’re Ok. :lol: She is around us enough to know our routine, so I have no problems trusting her with the cats. :blush: The kittens are used to sleeping next to me, so she even let them get into bed with her at night. Seems like they think that cats needs humans to sleep at night. :lol:

And I agree, there are so many amazing places in this world, but it’s always good to go home. No place like home!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 yes, I’ve missed them a lot, so it was good to see them again. :) I’m lucky, my mum is my closest neighbour, so she looks after the cats. She also looks after them a bit when I’m working, unless my hubby is home, so I trust her and the cats know her. She’s also been sending me pictures and updates, so I don’t have to wonder If they’re Ok. :lol: She is around us enough to know our routine, so I have no problems trusting her with the cats. :blush: The kittens are used to sleeping next to me, so she even let them get into bed with her at night. Seems like they think that cats needs humans to sleep at night. :lol:

And I agree, there are so many amazing places in this world, but it’s always good to go home. No place like home!
...well, except perhaps IKEA. *For me, at least!* :cloud9: It's true -- where my beloved cats are, is my best place and the one I feel most PAWSitive about.
IMG_0341.JPG

*Elvis, waiting in the bay window*

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...well, except perhaps IKEA. *For me, at least!* :cloud9: It's true -- where my beloved cats are, is my best place and the one I feel most PAWSitive about.
View attachment 248358
*Elvis, waiting in the bay window*
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - It's nice to see you sharing photos of The Incomparable Trio on this thread!

Here tonight, it's the sky, not the cats, that's shining. The sun, streaking down the western sky, just a moment ago.

orangesunaug18.jpg

Sailor's delight?

Status
Not open for further replies.