The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@jcat, thank you, what a great carrier for ease of access, that really caught my attention!! ...and congratulations!!

Granted, my big black furry fellow won't care one iota. He will hate it, but I'm pretty sure my vet will love it!

See, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , jcat rocks, and that's all there is to it :thumbsup:

Six is better than nine?

Ok, now I'm envious, my hummies seem to be elsewhere these past couple days...granted maybe they're finding flowers that are having the end-of-summer bloom...?

@tarasgirl you really ought to start watching the Dodgers. A walk-off balk to win??!!

Woop Woop Rockies !! Four game sweep of Atlanta, IN Atlanta :jive:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom -- Oh, as if I had the time! But I always want them to win :yess::banana1:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- yeah, well, watch out for those h-birds. Their beaks are like hypos. One stab, and all your blood falls out. :thud:
Seriously, folks, clean hard-surface floors here. You wouldn't underestimate the power of that if you had 3 cats and 3' long wire hair yourself. It's a PAWSitive thing. :bliss:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Dang, you were supposed to ask about a walk-off balk to win....THIS NEVER HAPPENS.

Uh Oh, by the way, I see now as I was looking it up for details that it actually didn't. I was mistaken, the Dodgers lost, it was a Dodgers pitcher the balk was called on.
oopsie
Diamondbacks and Rockies EVEN, Dodgers 2 games back in the MLB standings :woohoo:

So I feel bad. I haven't been talking about :bluedragonfly::bluedragonfly: DRAGONFLIES :reddragonfly::reddragonfly: !!

There aren't as many in the backyard this year, but they are here, and we all should celebrate them since they survive EVERYTHING (better than cockroaches, so there, you icky things, --eewww).

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- yeah, well, watch out for those h-birds. Their beaks are like hypos. One stab, and all your blood falls out. :bliss:
<laughter>

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - It wouldn't surprise me for a moment; those pointy little noses do look pretty dangerous. Despite that, I've had them flit past me inches away, and hover right before me, but I've never been touched by one. They act as though they have the same sort of sonar that bats do - flying just inches from you, and then peeling away.

Furballsmom Furballsmom - I took this out of the library a couple of days ago:

britain's dragonflies Dave Smallshire and Andy Swash - Google Search

Not North American, but the illustrations (perhaps 500 of them) are too good to pass up. If your library system has it, you can't miss with this book!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom So, I must admit my ignorance as "Dang, you were supposed to ask about a walk-off balk to win....THIS NEVER HAPPENS." is not understood by me. I know next to nothing about sports, actually. I'd just want them to win because la-la land is my home town.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I had one do that one time -- scared me paralyzed. WHY do they do that, I wonder? The ones here have been polite, so far.
Dragonflies, I love! I haven't seen any recently but hope they'll appear when it cools down and we get some moisture sometime. That would be very PAWSitive!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 i think being part Cat OR part Vulcan would be just fine.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I don't know anything about black walnuts, but I do remember that I heard growing up that pecan trees need extra TLC during heavy crop years, and could even die if they bear too much. I don't know why, though.

PAWsitive for today is that we are looking into buying a house instead of renting! We weren't sure if that was even a possibility, because of how expensive housing is in CA, but it is looking like it might be possible. We haven't figured out the logistics since 1) we've never bought a house and 2) we are coming from out of state. We might rent for a short stint and THEN buy, but the positive part is that it's even in the cards right now. When the bank pre-approved us, I was thinking "wait....are you sure? Remember all those times I over drafted? Are you sure you trust us?" Adulting is so strange. But fun!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom So, I must admit my ignorance as "Dang, you were supposed to ask about a walk-off balk to win....THIS NEVER HAPPENS." is not understood by me. I know next to nothing about sports, actually. I'd just want them to win because la-la land is my home town.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I had one do that one time -- scared me paralyzed. WHY do they do that, I wonder? The ones here have been polite, so far.
Dragonflies, I love! I haven't seen any recently but hope they'll appear when it cools down and we get some moisture sometime. That would be very PAWSitive!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - It requires certain circumstances, and a pitcher nervous enough about them to cause a serious mistake. It's only happened fourteen times since Abner Doubleday allegedly 'created' baseball:

Game ending balks | The Hardball Times

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 i think being part Cat OR part Vulcan would be just fine.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I don't know anything about black walnuts, but I do remember that I heard growing up that pecan trees need extra TLC during heavy crop years, and could even die if they bear too much. I don't know why, though.

PAWsitive for today is that we are looking into buying a house instead of renting! We weren't sure if that was even a possibility, because of how expensive housing is in CA, but it is looking like it might be possible. We haven't figured out the logistics since 1) we've never bought a house and 2) we are coming from out of state. We might rent for a short stint and THEN buy, but the positive part is that it's even in the cards right now. When the bank pre-approved us, I was thinking "wait....are you sure? Remember all those times I over drafted? Are you sure you trust us?" Adulting is so strange. But fun!
Oh, that would be so wonderful, tinydestroyer tinydestroyer ! No matter what others may say, it's your gold mine and you may have to give the mortgage payment to the bank each month, but it builds up and eventually it's YOURS. You're not giving it to some landlord or management corporation any more! I love that feeling, having been a renter most of my life. It's not easy for normal people -- I won't downplay that -- but if you're careful and don't bite off more than you can chew, set aside the mortgage money each month, and pay on time, you should be able to do it. We did. I don't know your situation/where you're going to be looking, but hope you can get a place you'll love!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that would be so wonderful, tinydestroyer tinydestroyer ! No matter what others may say, it's your gold mine and you may have to give the mortgage payment to the bank each month, but it builds up and eventually it's YOURS. You're not giving it to some landlord or management corporation any more! I love that feeling, having been a renter most of my life. It's not easy for normal people -- I won't downplay that -- but if you're careful and don't bite off more than you can chew, set aside the mortgage money each month, and pay on time, you should be able to do it. We did. I don't know your situation/where you're going to be looking, but hope you can get a place you'll love!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Hopefully, they'll find some place in the countryside with a big garden and a place for that Siberian Elephant Husky to run 'round like a maniac, the way God and Nature intended.

My commute here is a little longer compared to when I lived in the city, since the coffee pot's now a flight of stairs and three rooms away, but those eight extra steps of commute are more than worth the peace and privacy!

;)

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Seriously, start working on that Husband of yours right away. Leave photos of country homes lying around where he'll see them. It worked with my Mom and Dad when I wanted a Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart what a super nice thing to say - and what a GOR-GEEE-UUUSSS feline you have there!!!
Speedy sends a big thanks Furballsmom Furballsmom and is tickled that you like her photo!:lovecat:

I am loving all of the cat collectibles that are being shared here and thought I would share one of my favorites. It is a print of a Siamese Mum Cat with her sweet kittens. It is a print of the work of nature artist James Lockhart. I love this adorable depiction of Mother with babies.
20180819_154520-1.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Humidity here in Central Massachusetts today was lowView attachment 248605 and it was a chance to go with Speedy for a short walk around the yard this evening.

Speedy and R raysmyheart thank everyone for the wonderful posts here today.
R raysmyheart - Speedy's always adorable, but this photo really is cat calendar quality!

♪♫♬ Beautiful Snowshoe, you are so sweet;
You're Siamese but you have four white feet.... ♪♫♬

Status
Not open for further replies.