The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The Brits might want their tea cups back but I say heck no they won’t go:)

View attachment 248360

I bought these at a garage sale and I took all her cat stuff. I think she was happy it all went together:) I got a tin and plates with these, did not get a chance to take a photo.
So beautiful! Yes, I would think a cat lover would want all of their cat treasures together -- but why they'd let them go is beyond me.
IMG_0909.JPG

Included here are some real vintage ones and of course, Maneki-neko.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - It's nice to see you sharing photos of The Incomparable Trio on this thread!

Here tonight, it's the sky, not the cats, that's shining. The sun, streaking down the western sky, just a moment ago.

View attachment 248361

Sailor's delight?
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- That's beautiful! The color is indescribable but when I see it in nature, I always love it. I have seen it in seashells, too. You must be looking forward to an excellent evening with the Eleven!;):yess:

Shane Kent Shane Kent -- that's always sad on one level, but on another, it can be PAWSitive because someone else gets to love these. I've bought things at moving sales and estate sales, with the same feelings.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is simply enjoying all the posts. The sun was out today and so were the birds. The Cardinals are back in numbers along with the Blue Jays. A hawk visited the Live oak behind the house.
I have missed reading the posts while I worked with the kitties here and elsewhere. Lots of fun things going on and great photographs. Tours of nature , beautiful cities and the future contents of a marvelous museum! I would go quite a distance to see a cat museum! Shane Kent Shane Kent I would think museums would battle for your collection. I thought I would take the time to photograph a couple of cat items here in my house to add to the fun. The first is an old Rookwood cat that belonged to my Aunt. The other photos, just a cat I took a fancy to.

Rookwood cat
35A0563A-A4EE-494B-9F1B-B560012660A7.jpeg

Little cat statue
DEE467BC-EBBB-478B-B0DA-A4D4EC1585F6.jpeg

Oops! Real cat watching! Lol As always!
A2985FBE-99B4-4820-A712-F5ACC1682345.jpeg

Attachments

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 The Brits might want their tea cups back but I say heck no they won’t go:)

View attachment 248360

I bought these at a garage sale and I took all her cat stuff. I think she was happy it all went together:) I got a tin and plates with these, did not get a chance to take a photo.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Mom had a set of those oval "cat portrait" coffee mugs; they're on the top shelf of the kitchen cupboard here now. Thanks for the memories.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my positive for today is that our Punky seems to be slowly getting over her upper respiratory infection. not sure if i posted in this thread, that she had taken a downward turn, and she saw the vet -- bloodwork, x-ray, sub-q fluids, and convenia shot. she's been doing better, bit by bit, though is still sneezing and with a stuffy nose. but today......she was enjoying a couple of her favorite spots to curl up again :redheartpump: , instead of curled up on the seat of one of my desk chairs.

we've still got a ways to go, but i'm very pleased (and relieved) that she's feeling better. :D

our Dude is almost completely over his version of the upper respiratory infection too. and DeeDee is totally over hers. :yess:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my positive for today is that our Punky seems to be slowly getting over her upper respiratory infection. not sure if i posted in this thread, that she had taken a downward turn, and she saw the vet -- bloodwork, x-ray, sub-q fluids, and convenia shot. she's been doing better, bit by bit, though is still sneezing and with a stuffy nose. but today......she was enjoying a couple of her favorite spots to curl up again :redheartpump: , instead of curled up on the seat of one of my desk chairs.

we've still got a ways to go, but i'm very pleased (and relieved) that she's feeling better. :D

our Dude is almost completely over his version of the upper respiratory infection too. and DeeDee is totally over hers. :yess:
So happy and relieved to read this, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom especially as URI's have been somewhat of a nightmare in my furmily. Always so glad to hear of well and happy cats!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy and relieved to read this, micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom especially as URI's have been somewhat of a nightmare in my furmily. Always so glad to hear of well and happy cats!
thank you! :D this is the first upper respiratory infection that my three have ever had. it was pretty rough for a while here.

both Dude and DeeDee's appetites are back to normal, and Punky's is doing much better now. :agree:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
All the photos of cat treasures and the talk of a cat museum piqued my interest so I googled "cat museum" to see what popped up. Well. There are a lot of cat museums in the world but the American Museum of the House Cat is the only one in the US dedicated to the house cat.

museumpic1_orig.jpg

From the website:

The American Museum of the House Cat is now open, where you can see Dr. Harold Sims's 30+ year collection of all things relating to the House Cat. The collection includes: Fine "picture art" going back to the late 1800's, modern art, folk art, rare advertising art, cat poster art, art glass cats made by the finest glass makers of the world, vintage and antique toy cats, many of which are automations from the 1890's, vintage advertising, where cats are used to sell items, advertising clocks and storefront or window display items, etc.

The Charlotte Observer and Smithsonian.org both have short articles on it. No photos of the treasures within - I guess we have to go there to see them. But as the Smithsonian says:

You’ll want to paws for this roadside attraction

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and Shane Kent Shane Kent - thinking of you. :catman:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent --I love those mugs. I actually have a feral cat mug, but it's not as nice as those. I can't wait to see a pic of the plates you got. :)
@tinydestroyer --I Love Lucy! What a little cutie poking her head out from under the dresser. :redheartpump:
Today's positive is I'm so glad that I taught my cats the word "Hurry". It works so well when I need to get them to do something. This morning I just said "Hurry! Maggie, Hurry!" in my excited voice and Maggie's eyes almost bugged out of her head in excitement as she came running to see what fun thing I was going to show her. I don't know why my crazy ideas work, but they often do. :thumbsup:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's positive is I'm so glad that I taught my cats the word "Hurry". It works so well when I need to get them to do something. This morning I just said "Hurry! Maggie, Hurry!" in my excited voice and Maggie's eyes almost bugged out of her head in excitement as she came running to see what fun thing I was going to show her. I don't know why my crazy ideas work, but they often do. :thumbsup:
M maggiedemi - Although I don't speak Cat, I have an hunch that Moo Sho must have an enormous vocabulary. Sadly, I suspect there's not a single word fit for publication.

A glorious day here, on the wonderfully rain-soaked south shore of Lake Ontario. The landscape's nearly back in fettle, the birds are birding, the squirrels are squirrelling, and it's Dragonfly Heaven at the river's edge.

For the tree-watchers: Walnut production here seems dismal this Summer. Last year there were so many Black Walnuts that they nearly pulled the branches off the trees; this year, the diametric opposite. Anyone else care to weight in?

Shane Kent Shane Kent tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Furballsmom Furballsmom and @segelkatt ?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
margd margd Now THERE's a good reason to go to Charlotte! Wish I could visit and be back the same evening...thanks for sharing with us!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I love walnuts. I do NOT love black walnuts, which IMHO taste like dirty 40W motor oil *and no, do not ask me how I know this. I just do.* My mom LOVED them, though. She'd search for black walnut ice cream and when she found some, she'd practically purr. (I told you I was part cat. And actually, she had one pointed ear. So there's the proof. Either part cat, or part Vulcan. The choice is yours.)
I have a sweet tortoiseshell beside me. All may be far from well with the world, but in this tiny corner of it, it is.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I love walnuts. I do NOT love black walnuts, which IMHO taste like dirty 40W motor oil *and no, do not ask me how I know this. I just do.* My mom LOVED them, though. She'd search for black walnut ice cream and when she found some, she'd practically purr. (I told you I was part cat. And actually, she had one pointed ear. So there's the proof. Either part cat, or part Vulcan. The choice is yours.)
I have a sweet tortoiseshell beside me. All may be far from well with the world, but in this tiny corner of it, it is.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I'll take your word for the taste of forty weight oil. The squirrels love them, however, and my across-the-street neighbour does as well, and I won't fight with either of them. The American Walnut and the English Walnut are different, and what few Butternuts come from the vast old tree up front never go anywhere but straight into the house!

I wonder if your Mom might have been part cat and part Vulcan? When she gave the VulCat Vulcan Salute, did she say, "Live long and paws-purr?"

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
jcat jcat , where did you get that carrier you show in a picture really early on in this thread?
@Mother Dragon - HOW many cookbooks?? I was looking back at early posts of this thread - I'm in awe.

The Enterprise Apple tree has -->ONE<-- apple, and so far the resident squirrel who's most aware of it hasn't gotten it. And although not a tree, but the Plainsman raspberry bushes are not doing well, the other type I don't know the variety of, (Fall Harvest or something like that) are having raspberries that are as big as small strawberries.

It's an odd year, but for a positive, I saw an enormous granddaddy bumblebee around the re-blooming larkspur, and a katydid :thumbsup: :cloud9:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very glad your black walnuts are enjoyed by someone(s), 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . You didn't say whether or not you partake, but the other walnuts and butternuts are wonderful, I'm sure!
And Furballsmom Furballsmom , what a great sight to see - an "enormous granddaddy bumblebee"! I've always loved them, especially the all-black ones. They look fuzzy and cuddly, somehow, and I love the buzzes they make. My mom was terrified of them and would run in a panic even though I told her that was the worst thing to do (and of course they would not have harmed her anyway!) :sigh::ohwell:
I have a few cookbooks including some vintage family ones and friends-of-family ones. I don't use them, but I just like having them because they're part of our history.
IMG_0899.JPG

I also have one from Switzerland -- definitely not for vegans/vegetarians! :headshake:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jcat jcat , where did you get that carrier you show in a picture really early on in this thread?
Furballsmom Furballsmom - As a Teaching Moment: if you click on the post number in the grey bar at the top of any post, you'll get the permalink URL. Just copy it and paste it where you need it, and then clicking on it will take someone directly to that post, like this:

The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

[
The Enterprise Apple tree has -->ONE<-- apple, and so far the resident squirrel who's most aware of it hasn't gotten it.
Yep - again, things are all crossed up here. The Winesap Apple which should be nearly barren from the hot dry Summer is absolutely loaded; the young White Pear which did very well, and which set beautifully this year (and was covered with bees when it flowered) has about six pears hanging from its branches.

Pawsitive: Six is still better than nine!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very glad your black walnuts are enjoyed by someone(s), 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . You didn't say whether or not you partake
@tarasgirl - Partake of Black Walnuts? Good grief, no - don't you know that they taste like dirty forty weight motor oil???

Butternuts, however, are a great dessert item, especially when paired with Mouse Swiss Cheese!

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.