The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some recent additions to my collection.

These are the other items I got with the tea cups.
CatPlatesWTinAug2018.JPG

I got the following at a thrift store.
CatFigsAug19_2018.JPG

ImmLivingAug2018.JPG

This one from a flea market.
JapanCatAug2018.JPG

I currently have a lovable cat named Rusty to my right and Zoe to my left. Karen is napping on the couch with Kitty sleeping at her feet. Taz is grooming himself getting settled in on a pet couch. Nice and peaceful.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@raysmyheart Speedy is so gorgeous! What a stunning photo!

Thanks for the well wishes tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - it's really nice to have friends rooting for me, since all my CA coworkers make a weird face when I say I'm going to Indiana. Not that I really care.

As for the country home, I'm hoping for a little more civilization, since I'm out in the boonies now. But then again, most of the homes in the area I'm headed are fairly spacious and private. The downtown of Fort Wayne is going through a revitalization, and there's a bunch of cool historic homes that I'm drooling over. Maybe being closer to downtown would be nice (so long as there's a yard for our elephant!)

Jcatbird Jcatbird I love that summer storm smell in the air! Thanks for sharing the photo.

Another PAWsitive: although there's lots of stressful things about packing and moving with cats, it's pretty fun to watch them hanging out on all the boxes and suitcases! We just need to make sure to check for felines before we tape them up!

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@raysmyheart Speedy is so gorgeous! What a stunning photo!

Thanks for the well wishes tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - it's really nice to have friends rooting for me, since all my CA coworkers make a weird face when I say I'm going to Indiana. Not that I really care.

As for the country home, I'm hoping for a little more civilization, since I'm out in the boonies now. But then again, most of the homes in the area I'm headed are fairly spacious and private. The downtown of Fort Wayne is going through a revitalization, and there's a bunch of cool historic homes that I'm drooling over. Maybe being closer to downtown would be nice (so long as there's a yard for our elephant!)

Jcatbird Jcatbird I love that summer storm smell in the air! Thanks for sharing the photo.

Another PAWsitive: although there's lots of stressful things about packing and moving with cats, it's pretty fun to watch them hanging out on all the boxes and suitcases! We just need to make sure to check for felines before we tape them up!

View attachment 248650
View attachment 248651
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Just be very careful with the cats during the move - Indiana is a long way from California! It's past Pakistan, and almost to Nepal for cryin' out loud!

I only moved 41 miles; when I started out, I could swear that I only had one or two cats, and when I got here - BAM! - cats everywhere!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A very positive thing. About as good as a cat lover could ask for. A rescuer on TCS has moved mountains over the past few days and saved lives that would have ended tomorrow. A chain of lifesavers came together from all over the country to do this. I am amazed. It is truly something wonderful to see in action! Babies and mother will live. A beautiful Tortie with the prettiest big eyes I have ever seen and kittens. Thank you to all those good ladies and all those who expressed care and good wishes! Super positive!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My positive for the day is that I didn't burn the house down
I think your cooking style is very similar to mine. Most of my experiences in the kitchen end with the phrase "Well, at least no body died."

My pawsitive today is that I LOVE this city! It’s so beautiful!
That is stunning! I'd love to travel around Europe one day.

Sophie's helpful hint of the day: Peanut butter M&M's make a pretty decent pillow!
Oh no, silly Sophie! You're going to get chocolate in all that lovely fur of yours.

Friends of mine moved to Texas recently, just got a text and pic of one of our last outings together, reminded me of a wonderful evening!
Is Texas a long way from where you live? I hope you'll still be able to visit each other.

Cute, can tilt the head however you want.
Nice!

Here are some recent additions to my collection
Oh, very nice! I love those cat portraits.

My positive for today is that my TCS T-shirt arrived in the post.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! My pawsitives today are that, despite the air quality being so terrible from surrounding forest fires, (1) the haze has kept the summer temps at least 6-8 degrees lower than they would have been normally & since I hate summer temps, that's great! --and-- (2) I've managed to maintain Milly on the same low-ish doses of steroids for her asthma/allergies with just keeping the windows closed and the A/C on during particularly hazy fire days, she has not coughed for 9 weeks this summer!
:jive: :woohoo:

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Don't feel bad. I was wondering what a walk-off balk to win was too. But I figured I asked "What does that mean?" enough times. I'll just do what my daddy told me "nod and smile." :thumbsup:
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --That's so exciting about your new house. I'm so happy for you. Yeah, I would like to live a little closer to town too. 30 minutes out is too far.
Shane Kent Shane Kent --I really like the square ones. Are those coffee coasters? Or you hang them up?
My positive for the day is with 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine always quoting fancy poetry, I thought, "I'll show him, I write my own poetry." So I went looking through the house for my old poems and found them! Brought back a lot of memories. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunrise in Ottawa today.

WorkAug20_2018.JPG

M maggiedemi I thought they were coasters but when I took the tissue paper off them last night I noticed they seem to be little wall plaques. The woman I bought them from wrapped them in tissue paper for me.

So busy at work today I started this post at 8 AM and finally getting a chance to finish it. Busy is always good:) Have a nice day / night everyone.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is amazing! From one side of this country to the other, TCS members , who did not know each other, joined together to stop a healthy mom and kittens from being euthanized. They will live to see the sunset again tonight. They are being fostered. Thank you to all the cat loving people who initiated the mission, sent good wishes, thoughts and helped to link everyone together and especially to the foster. May everyone get a good nights’ rest tonight.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you! I wish I knew whether or not our dear friend did that one, but there's no way to tell now.
Shane Kent Shane Kent Great finds! That looks like a Lesley Anne Ivory box, but not sure about the others. I like the terra cotta duo and the orange one, and the last one is so cute!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Oh, yeah, I wouldn't care, either -- a lot of people are so used to their own ideas of what's good and what's not, but give them the opportunity to discover something outside their "envelope" and sometimes it can be surprising! I know living in the Mojave spoiled me for ever being happy living in a city (though I'm content here, but there's a big difference between content and truly inspired). I hope you all love it in your new home! *If you do have anything that a veteran nomad could help with, don't hesitate to ask! I think I counted well into the teens in terms of times I've moved*

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom those are gorgeous photos! National Geographic level composition!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thanks so much for the well wishes and encouragement! I'll most certainly hit you up for advice as well. Also, feel free to let me know if you think of any useful tips that only a pro nomad might know! I've moved a lot in the past decade, but never with kitties. I imagine the Mojave was inspiring beyond belief, and I hope you get back there someday.

Foggy, smoky morning today. We slept with the windows cracked, which was a terrible idea. And I found one of the feral kittens I had been feeding, way far away from the feeding spot, had been hit by a car. The only positive thing I can drum up is that my voice sounds like an old torch singer from the smoke and the sadness. I will try to be a bit more PAWsitive and say that this incident has steeled my resolve to do something to trap them before I leave, and find them somewhere safe to be.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and @raysmyheart I absolutely agree. Shall we get a petition going for a Speedy calendar? :lolup:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - To be honest, the idea of a Snowshoe Calendar has actually crossed what little's left of my mind now that I have a Snowshoe. I'd Love to see a calendar featuring all the Snowshoes and Snowshoe lookalikes here on TCS - your beautiful Angel Sishya, @Kieka 's stunning Link and Rocket, Norachan Norachan ' charming Sophie, @raysmyheart ' lovely Speedy, @kristenann ' gorgeous Reylan, my sweet Moo Shu, and all the rest. I suppose that the calendars would have to be printed on asbestos though; the sheer preponderance of evil would doubtless cause regular paper calendars to spontaneously combust.

Sunrise in Ottawa today.

View attachment 248680
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Just a breathtaking sky, my Friend. Here we have nearly solid grey skies, in preparation for tomorrow's thunderstorms.

The world here is almost back to normal; after tomorrow's storms march up the lakes, the south shore landscapes should be fully flourishing once more with the hot, dry Summer thankfully behind us. Autumn arrives in just 32 days - and not a day too soon!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
M maggiedemi - Although I don't speak Cat, I have an hunch that Moo Sho must have an enormous vocabulary. Sadly, I suspect there's not a single word fit for publication.

A glorious day here, on the wonderfully rain-soaked south shore of Lake Ontario. The landscape's nearly back in fettle, the birds are birding, the squirrels are squirrelling, and it's Dragonfly Heaven at the river's edge.

For the tree-watchers: Walnut production here seems dismal this Summer. Last year there were so many Black Walnuts that they nearly pulled the branches off the trees; this year, the diametric opposite. Anyone else care to weight in?

Shane Kent Shane Kent tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Furballsmom Furballsmom and segelkatt segelkatt ?
According to Wiki production varies from year to year with large harvests considered to be a "mast year", I suppose because wild animals that eat them get fat on them when the harvest is large, sort of like when people used to feed their animals a lot to make them grow larger before butchering them or bears that pig out on salmon before retiring for the winter.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom those are gorgeous photos! National Geographic level composition!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thanks so much for the well wishes and encouragement! I'll most certainly hit you up for advice as well. Also, feel free to let me know if you think of any useful tips that only a pro nomad might know! I've moved a lot in the past decade, but never with kitties. I imagine the Mojave was inspiring beyond belief, and I hope you get back there someday.

Foggy, smoky morning today. We slept with the windows cracked, which was a terrible idea. And I found one of the feral kittens I had been feeding, way far away from the feeding spot, had been hit by a car. The only positive thing I can drum up is that my voice sounds like an old torch singer from the smoke and the sadness. I will try to be a bit more PAWsitive and say that this incident has steeled my resolve to do something to trap them before I leave, and find them somewhere safe to be.
Well, there are some really important steps to ensure all cats are safe and secure and as stress free as possible, including:
1. Put the cats in their own room with all their requirements prior to the actual moving out of furniture and boxes, with a sign on the door if necessary telling movers NOT to open the door under and circumstances.
2. Better still, if the cats can be moved to the new location first of all (not possible in your case, I understand) and installed in their own room with everything they need, you know they're secure and safe.
3. Whether driving or flying them, it's been very successful for us to give each cat his or her own hard-sided carrier lined with pure foam (you can get this from big-box stores or home supply stores) which has been sprayed with Feliway.
4. Once everything is in the new location and it's certain all windows and doors are secure, I let them out into the house to explore.
5. It's a good idea to have the litterboxes all set up ahead of Step 4, and also their eating area(s), so they can get to know these things that are most important to them right away.
6. If you know your new street address and phone, it's good to get ID tags made before the move and attach them to their collars right before you move. I did this when we moved. drsfostersmith.com does the aluminum ID tags at very reasonable price, in various styles and colors, FYI.
Those are a few I can think of!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
@raysmyheart - Speedy's always adorable, but this photo really is cat calendar quality!

♪♫♬ Beautiful Snowshoe, you are so sweet;
You're Siamese but you have four white feet.... ♪♫♬
How about a Birman? They also have Siamese in their background and have 4 white feet and medium fur. My Capuccino is a sealpoint Birman.
059.JPG
04072013 014.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.