The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Today we celebrated my dog, Mondo's 11th birthday. I feel so lucky to have such a loyal friend, and look forward to 11 more awesome years!
Happy #11, Mondo, and many, many more! :beerchug:

My positive for the day is that my dad is getting better.
Wonderful news, hope his recuperation goes well. :thumbsup:

The following is the cat blanket a woman at one of the flea markets gave me. I get along well with her so she insisted on giving it to me.
Nice surprise, I bet the cats will claim it for themselves. ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My positive for the day is that I didn't burn the house down. I was trying to caramelize my BBQ beef sandwich in the toaster oven.
Did your smoke alarm go off?

My pawsitive news is that I've been searching high and low for a specific pair of sunglasses and could not find them in stock until today. I went home with my new specs and they're perfect. :cool2:

P.S. Sorry, I double posted, my mistake. :paperbag:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@segelkatt *PRAYERS* and do stay safe over there!!!
neely neely *CARLETON!!!* :loveeyes:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine That cloud. Give it to me. It's not my birthday but I wantss it. :anticipation:
Cleaning day here in la-la land. Cats are never happy when the Big Turquoise Monster makes an appearance. But the cleanest beings on this earth are cats, so...it's cleaning day.
Great PAWSitive posts, all! May all be well and stay safe.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine That cloud. Give it to me. It's not my birthday but I wantss it. :anticipation:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Ssssssorry; no. That'ssss my Precioussssssss!

;)

An excellent Gollum reference my Friend.

The best news here is that the humidity is down quite nearly to fifty percent, taking most of the punch out of out near-90º day, and the breeze has picked up, signalling the storm front's approach.

Shane Kent Shane Kent - It Looks like your rain has finally pulled your overnight temperatures back into the fifties where they belong!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Ssssssorry; no. That'ssss my Precioussssssss!

;)

An excellent Gollum reference my Friend.

The best news here is that the humidity is down quite nearly to fifty percent, taking most of the punch out of out near-90º day, and the breeze has picked up, signalling the storm front's approach.

Shane Kent Shane Kent - It Looks like your rain has finally pulled your overnight temperatures back into the fifties where they belong!
Fifties? Oh, how wonderful that sounds!!! We're just getting barely into high 60s overnight here, and that's amazing compared to what we've been enduring for the past seeming eternity.

As for your comment, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine : :seesaw:It's like this and like that.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Wait a minute. Nobody is bidding on my stuff? Damn you 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine this isn't eBay!

@Norachan - I will, very carefully, tack a small, thin, light piece of wood along the top and bottom and hang it on a wall. I want to put the figurines that have flowers on them in a display case and hang that blanket near it. I wouldn't buy that thing for 130 when I paid 60 each for these two and my cats absolutely love them. I also have a black one the same style as the pink one but photos in the basement TV room of a black anything isn't going to turn out well.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I found another beautiful abstract art kitty. Not to say you are abstract but I will most definitely give you the beautiful part. They make me think of your main display cabinet and you have to know they are headed your way.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely --No, the smoke alarm didn't go off because I only had it under the broiler for a few minutes before it started smoking and I grabbed it out of there. Good thing I didn't leave the room. :eek2:
Shane Kent Shane Kent --Love the kitties relaxing on their kitty couches.
I'm running out of positives to talk about, so I'll talk about cheese. Cheese is always positive. Here's a good extra sharp Irish cheese that I tried recently. It's not quite as aged as 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine 12 year old cheese. It's only 2 years aged. What's your favorite cheese?
Reserve Cheddar Cheese - Kerrygold

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your dad is doing better @Norachan. Hope he fully recovers soon!

Mondo thanks everyone for the bday wishes! Shane Kent Shane Kent I am still stalking your wife's shop for the perfect pet bed. That brass tack / velvet bed is really cool, though! I try not to buy new things right before I move, but (of course,) that's when I always seem to find the best stuff!

To answer your (acapella) question, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , we are thinking of trying to move mid-October. Luckily, both our current jobs need us and will let us work until we actually leave, and my husband's new job is letting us pick his start date. We are strategizing, and trying to figure out what the best time frame is. But, as a West Coast guy and a Southern girl, we'd be completely out of our element trying to road trip cross-country for our first time driving in the snow. We don't wanna push it back too far into late fall, therefore. I'll keep everyone updated, and likely ask more than a few questions since this is our first move with the cats! They were our favorite thing to come out of Northern CA.

Speaking of finding the best stuff right before I move, I found a 1940s women's blazer for $3 at the thrift store today! Plus, I got a coupon for my next visit. They're apparently going to give me one every time I drop off donations, which means that I might barely break even in trying to minimize before the move. Oh well! Yay for thrifted finds!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
My positive post is I caught 2 fish earlier this week. So far got some bites but i didnt tie the hook on correctly and got it hung up on a log or something :/
20180812_122633.jpg

FB_IMG_1534351292700.jpg

All caught with a yellow gummy worm. In the past I've caught fish with purple and pink colored ones. I only do catch and release.

The cats are loving vacation. Honeybee has been hysterically funny bolting after Chippies.

Saturday she was on the deck stairs with her neck stretched out as far as it could go. She was watching the chippie that was 10 feet away.

I turned to tell Jon come see this silly cat and looked back-no cat no chippie :lol:

She came back 20 minutes later looking annoyed.

Then yesterday it sat right next to this drain pipe chittering at her...she darted after it and it popped back into this drainpipe.
20180813_124041.jpg

She sat there for half an hour waiting for chippie to come out. Lol.

Here's both girls enjoying the shade.
20180815_221116.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent -- those latest acquisitions of yours that you posted pix of are beyond adorable. The two pastel flowery ones and the round one, especially.
Still working LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATe and I don't know what to think -- but it appears that there are MASSIVE improvements in pulls to rescue and to adoptions! in prep for "Clear The Shelters". I just pray that every one of them is bona fide and truly caring.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm running out of positives to talk about, so I'll talk about cheese. Cheese is always positive. Here's a good extra sharp Irish cheese that I tried recently. It's not quite as aged as 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine 12 year old cheese. It's only 2 years aged. What's your favorite cheese?
Reserve Cheddar Cheese - Kerrygold
I want to say every cheese, but that's not true because I don't like cheese with gross stuff in it, like pepper jack, and I don't really like cottage cheese. And Swiss isn't my favorite. Other than that, every cheese.

I spent a productive day using the laminator and working on my classroom. And my car is fixed and back with me where it belongs. So I can't complain.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for today is reading the posts here! @Norachan So glad your Dad is better! I worry about mine too! May his health improve even more!
Shane Kent Shane Kent love love the cat blanket. Now you can snuggle up with the kitties, with the kitties! Lol
@raysmyheart love the ag pictures too! Any early botanicals! tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Mondo is gorgeous. I had a Malamute growing up named Shadow. The photo of Mondo reminded me of her. She was a great friend. Thanks for the memory and Happy Birthday Mondo! 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I expect Snowshoe would think of something creative to do with all those nails! You’d have to watch your step AND where you sit! M maggiedemi So glad you did not burn the house down! Smoked BBQ ! Furballsmom Furballsmom Sending you positive smiles! Cats are creative thinkers!
This is how you eat if the rain has soaked the grass and you don’t want wet paws.

228F66BB-0F28-4EB5-AD1E-8D35A1E36E64.jpeg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat --Love the vacation pics, especially the one of Honeybee's belly. :redheartpump:
Lari Lari --I forgot blue cheese, that's one of my favorites too. I really love Gorgonzola and English Stilton.
Furballsmom Furballsmom --Where the heck are you? I miss your posts pal.
Where is everybody? Usually there is a whole page of positives before I get here!
My positive for today is I guess my pal is gonna let me have a cooking rematch. This weekend we are going to make Calzones. How hard can it be, right? It's just pizza folded over in a pocket. :D

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to say every cheese, but ... And Swiss isn't my favorite. Other than that, every cheese. ...
:eek2: . . . . . Lari Lari , every cat owner should like MOUSE CHEESE (aka Swiss Cheese)!! My Gramps used to call it that, and that's what I fondly call it to this day. My pawsitive is a memory of me (as a kid) and my Gramps eating Swiss cheese together and chewing even more holes into each slice.
Mouse Cheese! :happycat:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Seems like I've been up to my eyeballs with this that 'n the other plus at least one or three alligators lately LOL

M maggiedemi , bless your heart, I've been thinking about you and fully intending to "get over here", and then,.... and then....

I think, --I guess? that this must the case for a lot of members. There have been numerous posts, some of them time-sensitive, hanging in the unanswered thread section time and time again for the past weeks, plus at least one person said she was asking for help in the raw feeding forum and didn't get any replies for a really L-O-N-G time. From me personally, many thanks to you-all who are regular posters here in this thread who've stepped in to answer people.

I'd been meaning to ask those of you who've been here in years previous if this is normal for so many members and staff to not be logged on, but it sounds like not...
Where is everybody? Usually there is a whole page of positives before I get here!
In any case, uh, well, I would have been able to talk about the Rockies, except that now I can't talk about the Rockies :runaround: I just hope they don't go :cold:

So my positive for the moment is that the alligators (in this case, a reference to human and feline health) slithered back in to their swamp, where I !!REALLY!! hope they stay, because we have the zoomies back and I LOVE that!! :coolcat: :crossfingers:

:purr:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:eek2: . . . . . Lari Lari , every cat owner should like MOUSE CHEESE (aka Swiss Cheese)!! My Gramps used to call it that, and that's what I fondly call it to this day. My pawsitive is a memory of me (as a kid) and my Gramps eating Swiss cheese together and chewing even more holes into each slice.
Mouse Cheese! :happycat:
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws - I surely wish I'd had the chance to meet your Grandfather. Hereafter, Swiss cheese will forever be, "Mouse cheese."

Here, it appears that August is coming through yet again, as rain is marching up Lake Erie, headed this way again. Next years, I'm voting for August to replace June and July!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE pepper jack cheese, Swiss cheese, and any other cheese that doesn't smell bad. But I'm so lactose intolerant that I can't eat them. It's okay, because milk is only meant for baby cows (or the other animals who give it) anyway.
The PAWSitive? It's another day of massive pulls from NYCACC to rescue! along with some adoptions and fosters. There's a very handsome blue/cream croissant guarding the weight bench. Tarifa is relaxing, and Baby Su is being braver day by day, venturing out into the wilds of the house once again. This makes my heart sing!
IMG_0890.JPG

Baby Su last month, in my lap, helping me work. A MAJOR win!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom -- I take it we're not talking about real alligators here? Some type of illness? Hope you and The Big Guy are okay. I admire how you try to help everyone. I try too, but it seems all my posts in the Health forum are about pee and poop. :eek2:
My positive for tonight is that age 4 seems to be a very good age for my two ruffians, my former ferals. They seem to be so much calmer, more loving, asking for pets, and no more hissing from Maggie. Yes, 4 is a very good kitty age. :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M maggiedemi --not real alligators, although the stress/concern can sometimes make a person wonder...
Thank you for your good thoughts, we are all healthy!
You do a terrific job, and you are a humble person. I'm very glad your cats have you :redheartpump:

My positive is the truly fantastic people on this site, and a large, very black --with just a few white hairs (absolutely NOT age, it's his Turkish Angora heritage!!) feline on the lap :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Baby Su is being braver day by day, venturing out into the wilds of the house once again. This makes my heart sing! View attachment 248000
Baby Su last month, in my lap, helping me work. A MAJOR win!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I just adore her little face; I wish we'd see more of Baby Su in the photo threads!

An aside: was Tarfia named for Tarfia Faizullah, the poet?

Looks like out thunderstorms will be here a little before midnight, and are they ever welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.