The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't get a picture but my pawsitive for today is Carleton's new sleeping pose. He was half way on his cat bed and half way off the bed with his front legs stretched out. Sooooo cute! :creampersian: (Next time I'll have to be better prepared with my phone to snap a pic.)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I visited the farm stand after work and purchased a locally-made fruit pie.:tree: The flavor of the pie is Jumble Berry, something I never had before, but it includes cranberries, blueberries, strawberries, and oranges. These pies are sold frozen and state not to thaw them before baking. I will keep it frozen until this Saturday, and then bake it in celebration of a mini four-day vacation I will have. It was hard to choose a flavor, with all of them being my favorite, including Apple, Summer Fruits, and Strawberry-Rhubarb. A nice touch on the top of the pie - a cut-out of a heart in the crust.:) I just hope Speedy saves me a piece!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is everybody? Usually there is a whole page of positives before I get here!
I can't speak for others, but it's classroom set up and teacher meeting time and I feel like I've barely been on my phone. Hopefully I'll build my stamina up again soon because I'm soooo tired.

The positive is that I'm feeling pretty good about this upcoming school year. I found out I don't have to teach any gym this year! (I've always had to do gym with my class once or twice a week and thus miss a prep period, so this is exciting). Things are also starting to come together in my classroom and with my planning and it's been nice to see my coworkers again.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today is my Friday, so now that I'm off work, I get to relax tonight before I start organizing the house this weekend for our upcoming move. Leftover chicken lettuce wraps, cool weather, cuddly animals, and my cat pajamas make for a perfect evening to unwind!

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Baby Su is so adorable! What a brave little soul!

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately the following was broken when I bought it but I only paid 2 dollars for it at a thrift store. You can see the cracks on the back of the nurse:( I couldn't resist getting it to share on here, it is so darn cute.

tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Karen asked people at her store why they keep getting the pet beds when other stores don't get as many. She was told they ship to where items sell the best. If you locate a HomeSense in the new city you are moving to maybe you could request they get them if they don't normally get them. If you want I could always purchase one here and ship it to you. Of course I would get Karen to take lots of photos to show you. I would not have a problem with you sending money after you receive it. I would be purchasing it in Canadian dollars. A dollar Canadian is 76 cents US right now. If they get the $60 dollar ones that would only be $46 US. My sister in-law goes to New York state a lot in the spring. She has a PO Box in New York state that she has costumes for her dance studio shipped to.

Have a great Friday everyone:)

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my positive for today is the lingering happiness i have from a couple days ago. i was waiting to go grocery shopping, standing out front of my house, and was watching all the monarch butterflies (and bees too) moving around and landing on my butterfly bushes. :cloud9: i started out several years ago or so with planting one butterfly bush with lovely purple blooms, and over the years two more 'volunteer' butterfly bushes have grown a short distance from the original. they're very pretty, and it makes me so happy to see the butterflies enjoying them! :redheartpump:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I saw a painted lady butterfly this morning which was very nice as the butterfly population seems less lately in this backyard. Hopefully that's due to other yards being as attractive to them, as I'm seeing more and more neighbors working on their yards and putting in flowers.
Alice catlady Alice catlady wonderful photos, thanks for sharing!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have a great Friday everyone:)
Shane Kent Shane Kent - I do have a great Friday already!

fridaybirdseye.jpg

Black Friday reminds everyone that August 17th is Black Cat Appreciation Day (although she didn't know until @betsygee posted it earlier today). If you're fortunate enough to have a black cat, give them extra pets today. If you don't already have a black cat, what are you waiting for? Adopt one - so that next year at this time, you will!

threeblack.jpg

Above: Black Friday, Clawed-Ya and Oz.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Hands off!

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer Thanking you and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine very much. Baby Su was always very much out and about until some time after Elvis joined us, at which time something must have happened and she became afraid of him. Now, she is getting braver once again and venturing out. I am VERY proud of her!
Alice catlady Alice catlady Thank you for sharing your pictures of Prague with us! It is such a beautiful city and I enjoy seeing movies filmed there.
micknsnicks2mom micknsnicks2mom and Furballsmom Furballsmom Aren't butterfllies the loveliest (after cats, of course)? They bring us all such joy. I'll never forget standing in the midst of a migration out in the Mojave. It was magical.
A PAWSitive day so far, with a lot of progress having been made on pulls to rescue, fosters and adoptions. Every day, I am so grateful for these! And I look forward so much to "SAFARI LIVE!" tonight on NatGeo Wild channel. For anyone who hasn't checked this out, you owe it to yourself. It's only going to be on for two more weeks, if I'm correct. So don't miss it!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- ya thought ya could sneak those past me. Ya though WRONG.

IMG_E0780.JPG

Baby Su, noir-ing.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 my apologies, you've likely explained this before, but what's a pull?

My positive is that I also saw a tiger swallowtail butterfly just a couple of minutes ago.

I wish I could ask them and the hummies where they go when they're not here....

Heh, that made me think its all a little Warp in Time-ish :bluebutterfly: :butterfly: .o_O. Loved the book, haven't seen the movie yet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 my apologies, you've likely explained this before, but what's a pull?

My positive is that I also saw a tiger swallowtail butterfly just a couple of minutes ago.

I wish I could ask them and the hummies where they go when they're not here....

Heh, that made me think its all a little Warp in Time-ish :bluebutterfly: :butterfly: .o_O. Loved the book, haven't seen the movie yet.
Oh, no problem, Furballsmom Furballsmom and I don't think I have. Pulling is when a cat is rescued out of an ACC (Animal Care & Control) or "shelter" by a rescue group, usually at the behest of an adopter. Some cats are "rescue only" for behavioral or health reasons or both, and are required to be "pulled" by a rescue before they can be adopted. "Public" is the category most of these entities use for cats who can be directly adopted by the general public.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --Cat pajamas sound so cozy! I want a pair. It's weird, I love cats so much, but I don't really have any cat memorabilia. I guess it's because I've moved so much in the past, I don't really collect things.
Shane Kent Shane Kent --That musical kitty figurine is beautiful. I love the Mary Poppins tune. You can hardly tell it's cracked. :)
My positive for the day is I'm having a little wine tasting party for one. My friend told me that cheap wine is only good for a year, and that's just about how long it has been. My brother got me these 3 cases of wine last August. So I'll finish them up this month and maybe do some cooking with wine too. I really want to make Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon before I try going vegetarian for a month. :drinking:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sophie's helpful hint of the day: Peanut butter M&M's make a pretty decent pillow!

thumbnail_54361453825__0A97EFE1-9560-4187-A3CD-F5FF3ED0EDB0.jpg

These had been on DD's desk. Miss Sophiesaurus kept trying to push them OFF the desk so she could sit in THAT spot. DD put the bag of M&M's on her bed to clear the spot. Sophie jumped onto the bed and decided that the bag was now a pillow. Silly girl. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi and tinydestroyer tinydestroyer -- Yes, cat pajamas are a must around here! I got some really cute ones on theanimalrescuesite.com and wore them out. So I got some more. They are my most-worn pajamas and the flannel is warmest in what passes for "winter" here in la-la land. :cloud9:
Kat0121 Kat0121 Sophie is SO irresistible!!!
and Shane Kent Shane Kent Yes, that is such a cute music box! I wouldn't care about the crack -- several of my collectibles have been mended over the years. They're still priceless to me. I do have several cat music boxes and even a Lion King one that I love!
IMG_0905.JPG

These little ones have been mended. The smaller one is a ring holder.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and my cat pajamas make for a perfect evening to unwind!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --Cat pajamas sound so cozy! I want a pair.
Yes, cat pajamas are a must around here! I got some really cute ones on theanimalrescuesite.com and wore them out. So I got some more. They are my most-worn pajamas and the flannel is warmest in what passes for "winter" here in la-la land. :cloud9:
Okay tinydestroyer tinydestroyer M maggiedemi and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - here you go - personalise your cat pajamas with photos of your very own cats!

Pet Photo Pajamas! - A Beautiful Mess

And for all you non-crazy other people, we've just dropped five degrees in six minutes, as the cold front arrives a couple of hours later than expected, and it's raining to beat the band (and Adelina Patti - with apologies to Guy Wetmore Carryl)!

Happy lawn is happy.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay tinydestroyer tinydestroyer M maggiedemi and tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - here you go - personalise your cat pajamas with photos of your very own cats!

Pet Photo Pajamas! - A Beautiful Mess

And for all you non-crazy other people, we've just dropped five degrees in six minutes, as the cold front arrives a couple of hours later than expected, and it's raining to beat the band (and Adelina Patti - with apologies to Guy Wetmore Carryl)!

Happy lawn is happy.
Yeah, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , but then I'd never be able to wear them, because if wore them out I'd never be able to give them up. So I'll just stick with the mass-produced kind with generic cats on them.

*Weather envy* Still sittin' in the sauna over here. Currently Lil BUB says it's 83F with 66% humidity.

As for me, I'm just thinkin' about all those fabulous black cats I'm fixin' to catnap. Starting with those at YOUR house, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . Don't think it can't happen. *Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.* :anticipation::shocked:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As for me, I'm just thinkin' about all those fabulous black cats I'm fixin' to catnap. Starting with those at YOUR house, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . Don't think it can't happen. *Be afraid. Be VERY afraid.* :anticipation::shocked:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Dad taught me never to be afraid, because the only things that can hurt you are Snowshoes Cats things that you're afraid of. Besides, where would you go once you got here? It's 73º and raining here in the middle of August; there're at least fifteen half gallons of Friendly's ice cream in the big freezer downstairs; the pool's clear as crystal, and the water temp is 78º; it's a leisurely twelve minute walk to the river's edge, with WiFi access at the beach on a 1 gig band, and the beds in the guest house all have fresh linen.

Heirloom tomatoes, cukes, sweet bell peppers, onions, Lima Beans and who-knows-what-else are ready every day; five varieties of Winter squash are ripening as I'm typening, and there are eleven cats milling around waiting for dinner. The smart money's on Elvis, Baby Su and Tarfia gettin' jammed into a duffel bag and the four of you showin' up just about dinner time with big sad hungry puppy dog eyes.

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Dad taught me never to be afraid, because the only things that can hurt you are Snowshoes Cats things that you're afraid of. Besides, where would you go once you got here? It's 73º and raining here in the middle of August; there're at least fifteen half gallons of Friendly's ice cream in the big freezer downstairs; the pool's clear as crystal, and the water temp is 78º; it's a leisurely twelve minute walk to the river's edge, with WiFi access at the beach on a 1 gig band, and the beds in the guest house all have fresh linen.

Heirloom tomatoes, cukes, sweet bell peppers, onions, Lima Beans and who-knows-what-else are ready every day; five varieties of Winter squash are ripening as I'm typening, and there are eleven cats milling around waiting for dinner. The smart money's on Elvis, Baby Su and Tarfia gettin' jammed into a duffel bag and the four of you showin' up just about dinner time with big sad hungry puppy dog eyes.

;)
While I don't do pools and am absolutely cold at "puppy dog" anything, the rest sounds absolutely irresistible. And your daddy was absolutely correct.;):winkcat::hellosmiley::hithere::dancingblackcat::bigeyes::blackcat2::purr:

Status
Not open for further replies.