The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to post but I love this idea and supporting helping animals so yay!!! Money for the kitties.
I finally got some new photos of my kitten and they're super cute I'll post them soon xD
In the meantime here are both of my cats sleeping [they're getting along now yay!]
Well, you sure posted quite well @Nothanks ! The peaceful faces of your beautiful cats just make me want to melt. Thanks for making my day so wonderful with your photo.:)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I discovered a feral colony a couple of weeks ago, and they are being very-well taken care of by at least 3-4 people. I've started feeding them, and will roast a turkey and make gravy for them, and mix it with their wet food on Christmas morning. DH and I want to spend some time with them after our breakfast, and I think that's a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas! I'm so grateful that I can help take care of them, and that they are being so well cared for by others.

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kittens had a bath today with Blue Dawn soap, per the vet’s advice, so they can begin flea treatment tomorrow. I figured bath time would be a nightmare. It was anything but! :)
I filled the tub a few inches with warm water and dropped some ping pong balls in to get them interested. Unprompted, Jasper jumped into the tub and began playing in the water!
It almost seemed like he enjoyed his bath. He didn’t squirm, he just stood there and let me wash him. He cried only once when the water I rinsed him with was a bit chilly, but when I corrected the temperature he relaxed.
Percy was a little bit wiggly and cried a couple times because he was slightly nervous, but he was also cooperative.
I’m feeling pawsitive about all the times these two surprise me. The vet tech even commented on how cooperative they were. They let me brush their teeth, give them mediciation, trim their claws, put on their harnesses, etc., mostly with minimal squirming. They are such good kittens (mostly :p). I had nothing to do with whatever made them so, but I’m very glad they put up with me and all the little things I do to keep them healthy and happy.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I scheduled my ultrasound at the hospital for early afternoon so John could go. Then they scheduled him to work at 2 instead of 4. Ruined my plans. Then one of his co-workers asked if she could take the shift because her hours we're super low. It was only gonna be a 4 hour shift anyway. So he can come with me. Very convenient coincidence.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snow was being pushed so that with my bicycle I had to go over 1ft and then 2ft high walls, this of course when cycling rather good and long uphill section, potatoes and all in my backpack.

No problem, I'm on MTB and I am mountain biker after all, so there I pick up speed and made a hop, to my surprise there was hardly resistance at all, so hop hop, there I hop, up the hill, trough the walls of snow, until crest of hill I reach, feeling victorious. It is small things in life that you have to enjoy, there is more to enjoy that way :D

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Due to renovations, all the furniture of two large rooms is being stored in the rest of my house. This is very cluttered and crowded. The positive in this are the cats are in Heaven! It's one huge jungle gym for them. They can literally go from the living room to the dining room to the kitchen without ever stepping on the floor! So yay for happy kitties!

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been awesome to catch up with this thread today, and read all of the pawsitive posts! I had to read 5+ pages to catch up!
:yess:

I'm going to throw in a photo today, and hope that if you are really having a bad day, you can still smile at this face:
Milly-christmasToy.jpg

That is the face of Milly's next cat toy. By the look on his face, I think he's realized what is ahead of him in the coming months. He'll be hiding in her stocking, and I am looking for a good name for him (anyone? suggestions? yes, I am that cat owner that names all the cat's toys :rolleyes3:).

And this is a reminder that, even though DOGS seem to get all the aisle space in pet stores for toys and goodies (:redtongue:), that doesn't mean that you cannot buy a dog toy and convert it to a cat toy quite easily! It's a crinkle dog toy that I adapted for Milly by stuffing it with some primo catnip. This toy has a benefit of being able to fly like a frisbee! She'll love it!

Have a great day, everyone!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I want to caution you=it's kind of a weird good thing..We discovered we have several mice that invaded our home..so we set some old fashioned traps=within hours we caught this HUGE mouse=it wasn't a rat...it even grossed me out but the GOOD news is we reset trap= 4 hours later WHAM! another one caught=they have been getting under the cabinet in bathroom and the cats have been sitting hovering for a week=should have known it was mice..I thought of not feeding them to make them get the mice=but they are tucked away where they can't reach them. So this morning I threw some more traps in other places that they may hang out. I expect to have all 3 traps full when I get home later...so the positive is we caught the heathens before any damage is done. YUCK!

ok here's the funny thing 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . Jon carried the trap with mouse to honeybee this morning=she got up and clawed his hand trying to get the mouse out of his hand. HAHAHA then he went to dispose of it=she got up=followed him mooching for mouse stew! If it wasn't already dead for hours I would have told him to boot them both outside and let her have fun BUT I know most people don't approve of either=so we got rid of said "mice" before she could play with them...now if she could play with her toy mice as well as she hunts=would be GREAT!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent whenever you post pictures of your cats I like to imagine it's normal sized furniture and really big cats! It gives me a giggle.
Norachan Norachan - I thought that I was the only one who imagined real chairs and enormous cats.

Shane Kent Shane Kent - Now I shall have to imagine the chairs as doll house furnishings, and the cats as Pygmy Shrew-sized feline accompaniments to Barbie and Ken.

§

Here we are in northwestern New York state, precisely one day removed (the Hibernal Solstice actually occurs at 11:28 AM tomorrow, Eastern Standard Time) from the shortest day of the year, and it's 45º out there (7º C)! 36 hours of unseasonably warm temperatures have melted away our entire snowfall, leaving a verdant landscape more suited to Spring than to Winter, save for the leafless trees, of course. A lovely respite from chilly temperatures and all that white fluffy stuff.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I always thought Dec 21 was the shortest day of the year. It's Dec 20?
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws I nominate Snorgel as that toy's name. He just looks like a Snorgel to me.
foxxycat foxxycat I thought one of the benefits of having cats in your home was that you wouldn't have mice/rats; that just their odor kept the varmints away.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I always thought Dec 21 was the shortest day of the year. It's Dec 20?
ileen ileen - I think that Moo Shu flipped my calendar - I've thought it was December 20th all morning.

The Solstice can occur on any day from the 20th to the 23rd, although this year, you're absolutely correct - it's the 21st - two days off, and not one.

Status
Not open for further replies.