The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love ALL kinds of squashes and don't trust people who don't. :flail:
@tarasgirl06 - I do NOT have any squashes! You and that darned coat of yours can just stay home!

Pawsitive: I had a butternut squash for dinner tonight, and boy, was it good!

Here's one of my favorite George Jones songs, another positive:
The Race Is On
M maggiedemi - I didn't think that was your style - that's more like something I'd post.

Okay then - here's a MaggieDemi special:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So much pawsitive today!
I didn't fall down the stairs, so that's good, and I got things done without having someone hanging over my shoulder telling me I'd better get a move on before I get sold to the circus.
I began a prank war with a buddy today after scaring them enough that they jumped and for a second went red, white, then red again, then laughed and I laughed.
Then, I heard those 5 words through their laughing that will make me sleep with the lights on..."I will get you back."
Pranks here are funny and nothing terrorizing, but I might want to look over my shoulder a little bit from now on. :thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --I love all of George's music. But the lyrics on this one are fun- "Pride at the backstretch, heartaches going to the inside"...Ha, you know me so well, I love that Austin song. That was Blake's first hit. I like the ending. :)

Positive: Here's an even cheesier song that I'll post for 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 & his wife since he's here. You can't get any cornier than this one. Hope you enjoy it. :D
When I Said I Do by Clint & Lisa Black

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --I love all of George's music. But the lyrics on this one are fun- "Pride at the backstretch, heartaches going to the inside"...Ha, you know me so well, I love that Austin song. That was Blake's first hit. I like the ending. :)

Positive: Here's an even cheesier song that I'll post for 1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 & his wife since he's here. You can't get any cornier than this one. Hope you enjoy it. :D
I love corny stuff, you know that!
You want to talk corny? There's something snappy about the tune (I like the actual music), but weird about the lyrics. Kenny Chesney has some great talent and has some really good songs... but...this is weird. But fun.
But it's very weird. I could be falling down drunk and if someone asked me to sing this karaoke style, I'd walk (stumble) way.
But yes, I like the tune!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi - I like Clint Black's earlier stuff; his voice had an untamed quality to it:

Pawsitive; the kitties must have had a tough day today - every one of them is fast asleep right now. Ahhhhh... peace and quiet! I could listen to the silence all nigh

Edit:
moozoom.gif

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@tarasgirl06 --Greens are a definite Positive, I love them all: Asparagus, Broccoli, Swiss Chard, Collard Greens, Kale, Spinach, Watercress, Bok Choy, Escarole, Peas. I tried Brussels Sprouts for the first time this year, and I like those too.

Furballsmom Furballsmom --Where are you lately? Saving cats I suppose. I miss talking to you pal. Got any more nature pics? :)

Here's one of my favorite George Jones songs, another positive:
The Race Is On
This song means a lot to me on a personal level. :biggrin:
But I'm more attached to this rendition, only because it sort of came along during my final "hey days" and let me do one or two more daring stupid things before I realized I shouldn't do those things anymore. I decided to stop doing stupid things, because I just looked stupid and usually broke one of my bones or something nearby whenever I tried.
I'd also like Furballsmom Furballsmom to stop in to say hey!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rutabagas are just a kind of turnip and some people, particularly those living in cold climates, really like them. To each his/her own. I don't like any kind of squashes.
That reminds me that I got a free rutabaga and I need to figure out how to cook it. I like root vegetables and squashes so it'll probably be good.

I guess saying that I didn't have to go to the gym today doesn't count as positive, so I'll say that I was gifted a free Sun Times today which means I got to do my favorite kind of exercise - newspaper puzzles! Huzzah!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That reminds me that I got a free rutabaga and I need to figure out how to cook it. I like root vegetables and squashes so it'll probably be good.

I guess saying that I didn't have to go to the gym today doesn't count as positive, so I'll say that I was gifted a free Sun Times today which means I got to do my favorite kind of exercise - newspaper puzzles! Huzzah!
I think I'm the minority when it comes to rutabaga!:(
We weren't forced to eat stuff we didn't like as kids, but this was constantly there on the table, and I grew to hate it. I'm not sure how it was prepared, but I know how preparation methods can make something you don't like turn into something pretty delicious. :hyper:
I don't like any kind of cooked cabbage, but raw cabbage in a salad (or coleslaw...:biggrin:) gets a big thumbs up. I love coleslaw, it's one of my favorite foods!
The good news is we've actually got the stuff to make some. It's really pretty cold out now but who cares!
One of my close friends hates raw carrots but loves them cooked. I could pass on cooked carrots but love them raw.

:lolup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari --Maybe put it in a pot pie. I could really go for a pot pie right now.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --I didn't know anyone did a remake of that song. Pretty cool...Yeah, I remember those foolish years. :headshake:
When I say a song is corny or cheesy, that means I actually secretly love it. :D

Positive: Demi is being so naughty trying to get me to play with him. He's so smart, he's a genius, he knows the naughtier he is, the more likely the chance that I'll get up and chase him. :)

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Rutabagas aren't that bad when they are cooked. Oh, I like that Clint song, great lyrics. If you like vintage Clint, you might like vintage Faith Hill. She's so young here, you might not recognize her!

But I Will by Faith Hill

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi - I've never made a pot pie. I'll have to look into that. I'm sure my friend google can find me something to do with my very first rutabaga.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 It's so true about preparation methods! I was very picky about vegetables as a kid, and we mostly ate veggies in a can heated up (ugh), but some of the ways I've made them has gotten me to actually like some vegetables I didn't think I'd like (like zucchini and beets) and tolerate some (like mushrooms). Don't worry, there's still some I won't eat (tomatoes! And peppers). Roasting vegetables is basically amazing.

Positive: I'm wearing super comfy pajamas, I have lunch packed for tomorrow (this Asian noodle salad with peanut sauce I made earlier), and once the news is done and the kitties are fed, I get to snuggle up in my bed where Miss Lelia will likely join me.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I guess my garden is safe from many of you as I grow a lot of brassica but no kale. Like @1bruce1 I was fed a few things a lot when very young and developed a dislike for it and kale was one of them. But cooked cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, Swiss chard, Napa cabbage, spinach, beets of which I cannot eat the leaves although others can, and who knows what else I find very tasty. I also like roasted veggies but don't much care for any of it raw. The turnip family has a few members I do like, some more than others. And then there are veggies I have a hard time finding, celeriac is one of them, it's a celery with a fat root and very short stalks, one slices the root and cooks it, oh so good! I used to like raw carrots but don't seem to be able to digest them anymore so cooked carrots it is which is ok as I like them that way too. Most recipes for coleslaw are too tart for me so I stay away from that also. Darn, getting to be an old lady is certainly no fun, can't do a lot of things I used to be able to do and can't eat everything I used to be able to eat.
Just found that a 40 lb box of kitty litter is ALMOST too hard for me to pick up but so far, so good, so that's positive. With 3 cats I do need that much litter unless I want to get more every week and I do so hate shopping. I think by the time I can't pick that up anymore I will have moved and can bribe my grandson into doing it for me, lol!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari --Maybe put it in a pot pie. I could really go for a pot pie right now.

1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 --I didn't know anyone did a remake of that song. Pretty cool...Yeah, I remember those foolish years. :headshake:
When I say a song is corny or cheesy, that means I actually secretly love it. :D

Positive: Demi is being so naughty trying to get me to play with him. He's so smart, he's a genius, he knows the naughtier he is, the more likely the chance that I'll get up and chase him. :)

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Rutabagas aren't that bad when they are cooked. Oh, I like that Clint song, great lyrics. If you like vintage Clint, you might like vintage Faith Hill. She's so young here, you might not recognize her!

But I Will by Faith Hill
You and me both. I love corny stuff! It's just so corny and positive and upbeat and you can't help but smile at it.
Tim and Faith's marriage is one of those rarities in celebrity-land. I don't know much about them but I always respected their marriage and their music. Pretty cool if you ask me. (No one did, but I still don't care.)
Remember when Tim was pretty much still a kid? I do. I'm old. But that's pretty pawsitive considering the alternative. :yess:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Red Sox are in the World Series and this is a pawsitive. I am very proud of my nephew who graduated 18 months ago from college in Boston for Videography. Well, my Nephew worked this entire past year for this Major League team doing video productions. He was right there at the Park every day. Most recently he took a job that was a promotion for him, in Boston, working for the major Sports Media outlet here so he will cover all the Boston sports now, not only baseball.

Greens are very good if you are looking for nutrient-dense foods. It has been many years since college, I studied 6 years Dietetics and graduated in a field closely related to Dietetics and all this talk of greens brings back Food Labs memories, our lab on vegetables which was quite involved.

Here is a song that is giving me much consolation this evening. I have a special, personal attachment to this song, but posted here to share with all.

I love the lines
"All I long for, I have found by the Water,
At Your Side, I will seek other Shores".

but for some reason, every line in this song speaks so deeply to me.
I usually don't care for what videos do for songs, kind of re-make them, but the pictures in this video are really beautiful and nicely done, in my own opinion.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A huge heavy sigh here, oohh kay, I'll root for the red socks then.

I sure wish baseball would figure out the same thing that football already has, that salary caps make for a more level "playing field". Somewhat in the same line of thought of money, if the Rockies had a pitching staff, we'd have been there. Part of the reason the bats went cold was frustration.
ANYway, back to positive, if it doesn't rain, I still have the garden hoses available so I can soak the roses.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine That outing sounds like a good idea. Maybe next spring when things start blooming.

All this talk about veggies has me thinking about the variety of things to try. I'm one who never had a rutabaga either. Growing up I didnt like summer squash but I loved butternut squash. My sister makes it taste good with a variety of ingredients, brown sugar, butter and sometimes maple syrup. Mash it all up and voila!

I am one who prefers my carrots cooked. In fact lately I prefer my broccoli and spinach and carrots cooked in a bowl in the microwave. I dont care for raw veggies as much. Seems broccoli tastes better to me as steam cooked.

A pawsitive of today is I got several errands done and tomorrow the contractor comes to clean the ductwork. Still got to move furniture and stuff so they can do their thing but soon I won't have to deal with strangers in my home and that's something pawsitive!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! Trying to read up on this fast-moving thread...

(Neutral: I don't like kale or swiss chard.:paperbag: )​

Pawsitive: We're very lucky in our household that we have a big supply of push-purr blankies around, so that our cat doesn't resort to this:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg, guys. I have every single permission slip and money two whole days before the field trip! :yess: i don't have to run around on Friday morning trying to get parents to sign things and pay last minute. If that's not positive, I don't know what is. :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.