The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, an I Hate Rutabuggers Club! :yess: *I also despise beets. I would NOT eat anything that color. Yes, I'm color prejudiced against beets. Put those slivery slimy things on a salad, that salad goes back to the kitchen and the restaurant is lucky indeed that it doesn't end up all over the table, the floor, and the walls. Beets are an affront to humanity.
Brussels sprouts, on the other hand, are MMMMMMMMMMMMM. I'd never had them before until Ex #2 introduced me to them, and them to me. Instant love. In fact, I'm going to have some tonight. With carrots. Margarine. And black pepper. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Absolutely gorgeous, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine .
IMG_1080.JPG

October in the Mojave

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat --Okay, it's a date for this spring then. :) I like my vegetables cooked too, unless they are on a sandwich or in a salad with tons of dressing.

@1 bruce 1 --Oh, that's a great Tim McGraw song. I forgot about that one.
Yeah, Tim & Faith are my favorite, I love their duets too.

@segelkatt --I just had to carry in several of those 40 pound boxes of litter. They are a pain, but the most economical way to buy it.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --Pretty pic, and surprisingly I actually have heard of Thomas Kinkade. :) Positive: I finally found some Eagles tunes on YouTube. Here's one of my favorites. Listen to it quick before they delete it.

Peaceful Easy Feeling by The Eagles

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Positive (if you can call it a positive); Came home with the kid streaming "Django" on Amazon! I asked how did you pay for the movie? He looked up, shrug his shoulder ... :dunno: ... and said, "I donno, just hit the button like I saw you did, and the movie started. Why"?

I have to think about the next bit. He asked if he could change his name to Django?

Like the song goes, You Already Got a Name! Next thing you'll probably ask for is a horse? Right?

Poops, I mean Pops

PS Maybe I'll let you'all decide. Put up a vote sorta thing. But fur now, I gotta catch some Z's! ... :insertevillaugh:

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A azpops --No way! You can't change Santi's name. I hope you're joking. :headshake:
Nice Jim Croce song though...Don't change The Kid's name okay? :)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --I don't like Beets much either, but I keep trying them different ways. I hate to give up on a vegetable...Nice Mojave pic.

@raysmyheart --Very cool that you went to school for that. I'm really into nutrition & vitamins.

Furballsmom Furballsmom --Nice to have you back, even though I don't understand any of that baseball talk. :D

Positive: One more Eagles song, and then I've got to get back to work. I like this one because the lyrics remind me of myself.
Desperado by Eagles

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so glad I adopted them together. They've been close since birth. Like any siblings, they get on each other's nerves at time and they get into fights, but they're still the best brothers.
Such a handsome pair and it's so PAWSitive to see cats curled up together -- whether there's an occasional whap, or not! It's all GOOD. :cloud9:

*Uh, M maggiedemi , shouldn't that be DesPURRado on TCS?* :crackup:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
M maggiedemi , bats gone cold, means the boys hit a slump, in this case collectively , and can't hit the ball. Which is to say, it wasn't totally the lack of pitching, just mostly...

Salary cap means that teams like the red socks and dodgers, who have a bigger fan base and bigger ticket sales, wouldn't be able to spend any more on their players than the Rockies.
Positive, it is a grey day but will be very sunny again tomorrow and the next day :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - There's a stark beauty to the high desert landscape. I imagine that you carry those images with you as long as you Live.

October in the eastern Great Lakes region:

o22-1.jpg

A portion of the back lawn, looking south. The Ash trees have already lost their leaves; the Maples continue to gain colour, and the burning bushes at nearly at their peak.

o22-2.jpg

The venerable White Oak overlooking the river at the highest point on the escarpment, marking the half mile point in the back yard. Her circumference today was 237½ inches just above the lowermost branch. She's still full of vigour, despite having stood her long before Columbus was born.

o22-3.jpg

The far bank, almost at "eye level" - now beginning to blossom with Fall colour. Surprisingly, the reeds on the island remain (mostly) green this year - eight days before November's beginning.

I'm so glad I adopted them together. They've been close since birth. Like any siblings, they get on each other's nerves at time and they get into fights, but they're still the best brothers.
Alicia88 Alicia88 - Good for you for keeping them together; they make a beautiful pair. I have four "sets" of cats - (two Mom / Son and Mom / Daughter pair, one pair a generation removed from one another, and two Brothers) - and watching their interaction is a thing of beauty. They never fail to make me smile.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I will be clear coating a bunch of brass after work:)

ClearCoat.JPG

I never thought to ask you. I clear coat the brass figurines so I don't have to keep polishing them. Karen however has some brass stuff she prefers to not have clear coated. Karen likes the tarnished brass look. I guess I should have asked you if you want the ring holders clear coated.

I guess I should also ask you which ring holders and not assume. I have two styles and figured you would like the more modern looking ones.

The one at the front of the first photo is what I call modern looking. The one at the back of the second photo goes with it. The small and large one in the second photo is the other style.

So my question is which style and do you want them clear coated?

And here is another I found last weekend that should be rather familiar to you.

GlassSleepyCat.JPG

And the Maneki Neko I got this time is painted:) It appears to be a liquor or wine bottle as it has a cork.

ManekiNeko.JPG

I cleaned the dull finish white floor kitty and she is in somewhat good condition. I want a flat black floor kitty to go with her and that is how this all started for me, lol.

TazWithOlderWhitePersian.jpg

I got some mid day kitty photos from Karen today. She said little Princess Kitty was running around the upper floor while the other three cats were in the basement sleeping. Every time Karen checked on Kitty she would lay down so Karen is not sure what she was excited over.

KittyHiding.JPG

Have a great day / night everybody :lovecat2:

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - There's a stark beauty to the high desert landscape. I imagine that you carry those images with you as long as you Live.

October in the eastern Great Lakes region:

View attachment 258836

A portion of the back lawn, looking south. The Ash trees have already lost their leaves; the Maples continue to gain colour, and the burning bushes at nearly at their peak.

View attachment 258837

The venerable White Oak overlooking the river at the highest point on the escarpment, marking the half mile point in the back yard. Her circumference today was 237½ inches just above the lowermost branch. She's still full of vigour, despite having stood her long before Columbus was born.

View attachment 258838

The far bank, almost at "eye level" - now beginning to blossom with Fall colour. Surprisingly, the reeds on the island remain (mostly) green this year - eight days before November's beginning.

Alicia88 Alicia88 - Good for you for keeping them together; they make a beautiful pair. I have four "sets" of cats - (two Mom / Son and Mom / Daughter pair, one pair a generation removed from one another, and two Brothers) - and watching their interaction is a thing of beauty. They never fail to make me smile.
Keeping them together was actually an accident. I didn't know they were so close. I just told my aunt I wanted the orange one (he was the only orange one in the litter) cuz John preferred orange cats and I wanted a black female. Then my husband had the idea to name the kitties Connor and Murphy after the characters in our favorite movie so I told my aunt I wanted a male instead of a female. And she said that was good cuz the brothers had been inseparable since they were born. :)

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I like beets. I don't usually eat them hot, but cold in a summer salad with goat cheese? Yes please! I don't think I've ever had rutabaga but I don't like the sound of it. But hearing the word reminds me of that Cheers episode where Cliff crossed a rutabaga with a beet & made a bettabaga & thought he'd strike it rich. My pawsitive today is I really liked Cheers.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I happen to love pickled beets. I can eat the entire jar. I don't mind cooked beets but pickled are my favorite.

A pawsitive for today is the vent HVAC crew that came to clean the ductwork did a stellar job. They did all 9 vents, fixed broken pipe by the furnace, cleaned out the vent to the dryer and fogged the ductwork with an environmentally safe liquid that helps keep mice out and kills mold n mildew. It leaves a pleasant clean smell that's not chenically smelly. Ive got a ton of dust to clean from moving the furniture away from walls. Hey I haven't moved the furniture in 13 years. I always vacuum around but never pull it out from the wall...I can only do 1 room at a time due to eyeballs stinging from dust.

So hopefully the cats asthma won't act up with the newly cleaned ductwork. They explained how they are different than the ones who go in with a negative pressure vacuum and dont even vacuum out each arm of the ductwork. Yes it's cheaper but it's a waste of money because they dont clean the vents or fog inside to keep things nice and clean.

Very happy with the work...and after being burned from the idiots who ruined my roof in 2015 I've been gunshy when it comes to contractors.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- Thank you. I certainly do. Desert is in my blood and it is my favorite kind of topography. A lot of the plants on our land are Indigenous plants, and to me, they are magnificent. A lot of them are very useful as well as being beautiful. The pinon nuts, sage, etc., are very good for eating. I like a plant that not only beautifies but also fortifies.
Shane Kent Shane Kent -- Oh, thank you! Whatever you feel is right. I love all of them, and whatever finish. *Helpful, aren't I?* Yes, I have several of the glass votive candle holders, some clear and some turquoise. The maneki neko may be a sake bottle or possibly a shoyu (soy sauce) bottle. I love the last two photos, btw!
IMG_0997.JPG

*A little jewel box covered with Swarovski crystals.*

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ANYway, back to positive, if it doesn't rain, I still have the garden hoses available so I can soak the roses.
Furballsmom Furballsmom - I've got a bigger positive than that - I just rolled and put away the last of the sixteen hoses. All the "outside" water's turned off - including the yard hydrant out beyond the pool fence, which rumour has it I once left on right into December before I remembered it - and tonight is "take a break from Butternut squash night." Next year, God willing, I think I'll grow some acorn squash, since they never reach the size of the Hindenburg!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom - I've got a bigger positive than that - I just rolled and put away the last of the sixteen hoses. All the "outside" water's turned off - including the yard hydrant out beyond the pool fence, which rumour has it I once left on right into December before I remembered it - and tonight is "take a break from Butternut squash night." Next year, God willing, I think I'll grow some acorn squash, since they never reach the size of the Hindenburg!
YUM! I love both of those. *I never met a squash I didn't love* :yummy:

Do you have to insulate all the hose bibs? We did in the Mojave.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alicia88 Alicia88 what a sweet picture! I live to see cuddling kitties fast asleep.

My Fall is starting to arrive! It's so vibrant I almost can't believe it! And the change happened in
only in a couple of days!
IMG_0953.JPG

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0968.JPG

The above pic is one of my favorites, because that tree came with a matching Autumn themed commode (in the bottom right corner is a burgundy porcelain toilet with a matching woodgrain seat - put out for the trash tomorrow.)
IMG_0970.JPG

And lastly, here in my neighborhood there are quite a few US flags as well, which is a nice change of pace from my last neighborhood.
IMG_0967.JPG

I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful fall colors to come 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . I'm learning slowly about how to winterize things, too. In fact, just today I realized that no, our outside water hose wasn't broken, but the previous owners turned it off for the winter. So my bonus PAWsitive is that I don't have to roll and let the water out of all the hoses myself!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have to insulate all the hose bibs? We did in the Mojave.

Nope; my shut-offs in the basement are set well back from the outside walls. The guest house, yard hydrant and barn shut-offs are also in the basement of the main house, so it's just a matter of turning five valve levers, and that's that. Easy peasey.

My Fall is starting to arrive! It's so vibrant I almost can't believe it! And the change happened in
only in a couple of days!
View attachment 258859
View attachment 258860
View attachment 258863
The above pic is one of my favorites, because that tree came with a matching Autumn themed commode (in the bottom right corner is a burgundy porcelain toilet with a matching woodgrain seat - put out for the trash tomorrow.)
View attachment 258864
And lastly, here in my neighborhood there are quite a few US flags as well, which is a nice change of pace from my last neighborhood.
View attachment 258862

I'm looking forward to seeing all the beautiful fall colors to come 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . I'm learning slowly about how to winterize things, too. In fact, just today I realized that no, our outside water hose wasn't broken, but the previous owners turned it off for the winter. So my bonus PAWsitive is that I don't have to roll and let the water out of all the hoses myself!
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - Welcome to four seasons (and I don't mean the one in the Seagram Building either) - one of the real joys of living in the Northeast and Midwest.

These photos are absolutely fabulous (and I don't mean the one with Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley). Looks like you found a great neighbourhood for your first house. Well done (and I don't mean the way a steak should never be cooked).

Pawsitive? The whole day, really. I was at once productive and indolent, and spent some time in the woods and on the beach (and I don't mean the one by Nevil Shute).

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll grow some acorn squash, since they never reach the size of the Hindenburg!
...you never fail to make me laugh.
16?!? Geez!!
You're in fine form :) and wonderful photos as always :camera:

I'm W-A-Y behind here, not sure I'll get caught up

Gracious sakes, I think we've all been outdone (except for that White Oak :worship:) by tinydestroyer tinydestroyer WOW
I LOVE the trees that are half green and half turned, there seem to be a lot of those west of me this year.

I don't have to roll and let the water out of all the hoses myself!
There you go, good for you!

Positive, my last fresh garden zucchini (and banana this time) bread is in the oven. This is positive, because I'm ready to move on to holiday baking - next week is NOVEMBER :popworm:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom --Thanks for the baseball lesson. You just moved up a couple slots on my favorite people list. :)

Shane Kent Shane Kent --I really like that pink flowered kitty figurine. I don't remember seeing that one before.

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 --Oh, I want that Rhinestone kitty. That's so pretty...You know one vegetable that I hated as a kid was radishes. My Grandma used to put them in salad. I'm starting to like them on sandwiches though.

foxxycat foxxycat --Glad the workers did a good job. Last time I moved the furniture to vacuum I sliced the carpet. I didn't realize there were no coasters underneath the legs. :eek2:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --That's a beautiful photo of the Far Bank with the reeds. I had to google Indolent, but I get it. :)

Positive: I just had a toasted sandwich loaded with veggies for dinner. I got the idea to put butter on it instead of mayo for a change and it was really yummy!

Bonus Positive: This is my favorite brother's favorite band.
Jacob's Ladder by Huey Lewis & The News

Status
Not open for further replies.