The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
mama africa mama africa We did try to get photos of Lakota the puppy yesterday, but he was too wound up. He raced around the exercise yard and the lobby for hours and had the other dogs exhausted, not to mention the two of us who were working. :D We need good pictures for the shelter website and Facebook asap; it would be terrific if he found a home before Christmas, but I think his sheer size and exuberance are going to scare people off.:thud:

It's cold today, and Mowgli is curled up on a chair in front of the radiator, but no snow is in today's forecast. :clapcat:

IMG_20171202_074312.jpg

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@boris diamond , Seal and Leo are very loyal cats. Nothing better than knowing they are always there for you.

@Shane Kent , Kitty, Rusty, Zoe and Taz really show how napping is done.:) I think that is sweet that they don't mind sharing chairs. Are you sure Taz wasn't in Zoe's chair and Rusty wasn't in Taz's chair, and Zoe wasn't in Rusty's chair, oh heck I'm getting mixed up. Anyway, they are super-sweet nappers.:)

@1CatOverTheLine , I have never seen a fox like that. On occasion, and it is rare, you may see a fox trot:lol: through the yard, but they must be a different type, they are always petite and not tall at all. In recent years however, you can hear coyotes at dawn howling closeby. They are spotted quit a bit around town wooded areas. They are really very beautiful.

I am enjoying reading so much about what all my friends here are up to and I will be back here late tonight after work.

I am also enjoying so much my Jacquie Lawson online, very gorgeous Advent Calendar, yesterday was the first day and I decorated three beautiful Christmas trees! So relaxing and fun and the artwork and music is gorgeous! Does anyone else have one?

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY FRIENDS!!!:)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Shane Kent we have cat furniture envy, bigtime. Could you send all of that furniture to us? *with cats, please* :cloud9:
@boris diamond -- you KNOW your cats will never let you down or leave you stranded. But the wait can be painful, I know. Sometimes I lie there in the dark waiting -- sometimes I have to resort to calling out their names -- and then, magically, I feel a THUD! and there is a soft warm loving cat. Followed by another. Followed, after I've drifted off, by yet another. Followed very quickly by growls and a desperate stampede, which I try to remove my face from, as Baby Su runs from Elvis :climbcat::runningcat: It's all in a night's rest :catlove:

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
cats are really, really good for our health. Their purrs have been proven to strengthen our bones! Stroking them has been proven to lower our blood pressure. And caring for them makes us happier, healthier and yes, more mentally stable people. Cats are the best!
I concur.

On the bright side (not like we weren't already on it), I did quite well on my SAT today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YUM! I haven't made split pea soup in ages but it is so good. It was one of DH's favorites and the recipe I used was so simple! I used smoked ham hocks (about 4 good sized ones- we wanted it meaty), 1 bag of rinsed dried peas, a few cloves of minced garlic, one good sized onion minced and a couple of carrots minced. I would add all of this to the slow cooker with enough water to cover and cook it on low at least 12 hours before removing the hocks, letting them cool and pulling the skin off, shredding the meat and returning that to the pot minus all the bones of course. DH was in heaven with a bowl of that and some oyster crackers. DD loved it too. I may make some for her one of these days.
That's similar to what I did. I used celery and kept my carrots pretty chunky; but still bite sized. I added a little salt, pepper and marjoram. No garlic. I won't add the salt next time. It came out good; but a tad salty. I pretty much threw in all the leftover ham we still had. It was a spriral cut ham but the end of course wasn't cut; so I chopped that up and in it went. I would have liked a few potatoes in there; but it didn't need it. It thickened up as it cooled in our bowls.

I actually had it for brunch today. :lol: :paperbag: I didn't feel like making anything; so soup for a late breakfast isn't that weird is it? :lol:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@1CatOverTheLine Floribunda Europa it is! (though I had to look it up.) Nothing on that stunning shot you got, though! :camera:

@AmyTheKittyMommy so glad your kittens have a good vet, and they're healthy!

We napped here to Christmas cartoons on the interwebs this afternoon. (Although I'd say we didn't outdo @Shane Kent with his sleepy musical chairs! :dizzycat:)
One cartoon, "Nutcracker Fantasy,"(which I hadn't seen since I was a child,) was particularly weird and funny. Lucy recommends not falling asleep to it though...you might have strange dreams. But she'll never really snub a nap time.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer , that is the most beautiful rose. I swear I can smell the beautiful fragrance because the wonderful picture you captured!

@orange&white , that was true kindness for someone to care so much about your car's (and your) well-being, but I did have a little chuckle when I saw this - ":crackup:phew", because I would have been wondering what the stranger wanted to tell me like you did. Then take a deep breath of relief.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Here's my positive news for the weekend.

The foster kittens were due to go to the shelter and be adopted tomorrow. Mr Husband talked to the lady who is going to help us get them their yesterday and found out some more details about what will happen. The kittens can't be put up for adoption until they've had their second round of vaccinations and been spayed and neutered. In Japan they do that when the kitten weighs 1.5 kilos, but these little guys are still hovering around the 1 kilo mark so that won't be until next month.

The lady who helps get kittens into new homes said they could stay at her house until they were big enough to be fixed, but as she currently has 30 cats at home they would have to stay caged. Mr Husband thought they would be much happier staying here. They are caged at night, but come out to play in their room the rest of the time and, when I have time to supervise, they get to charge around the whole house.

:runningcat::dizzycat::clapcat::climbcat: (there are three tabbies and a tux, so it's exactly like this. :lol:)

The lady agreed. Her NPO is going to pay for the second round of vaccinations and spay/neuter surgeries, but we get to keep them until they are big enough for that.

So, we get to keep the little poopers for another month! I'm probably going to have to sell one of my kidneys on ebay to pay for all the food, but never mind.

Yay, kittens!

:wavey:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan :clapcat: that you get to enjoy the kittens for a few more weeks, as voracious and boisterous as they are.

Mowgli is all set for Christmas. He's wearing his red Merry Christmas Beastie Band, since it's the first Sunday of Advent, and I've been doing some Christmas shopping for him.

What he definitely doesn't want is bananas. :banana2:They're one of the few foods he won't eat. My husband had one for breakfast this morning, so Mowgli wrinkled his nose and indignantly stomped out of the kitchen. :banana1:

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found another wet food flavour that Scraggles will eat! :hyper:

Visiting kitty will eat pretty much anything and I've been dishing out all the different flavours and combinations while also trying to see if Scraggies happens to take to any other of them now that he seems to be kind of acknowledging them as food :gingercat: - no luck in finding a second flavour until this morning! It's the same brand as the other one - which is actually one of the better grain free brands so happy days :biggrin:

Also both cats meow for the wet food now in the mornings - Scraggies hasn't meowed for food like that in a long while - it's so nice to see them excited by their meals :petcat::purr:

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
scraggles scraggles He sounds like our Jamie. I lost count of all the wet foods I tried for him. Mowgli is the opposite.

Speaking of food, the shelter has a Christmas party for the volunteers, with the same old Vienna or tofu sausages and potato salad every year. This year a professional chef has offered his services, so there's a choice between sauerbraten and a grilled vegetable platter. So far it looks like everybody is coming. :santa:

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know that struggle well jcat :crazy:

I've posted this photo before but it's just a small selection of the varieties offered to his royal highness the fuss pot scrags of scraggy pants for him to turn up his nose at
:disappointed:

But visiting kitty is making his way through them now - with a bit of help from Scraggles. :whiskers::thumbsup:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonder if I can post this here.....View attachment 208296

A friend of ours is traveling in Nepal at the moment and just sent us this picture. Mount Everest seen from a Cessna.

Isn't it breath taking?
It is magnificent, Norachan Norachan !
I am grateful to Mother Nature for all the beauty in the world.
I had a long walk in a small nature reserve nearby my home early this morning. I saw some of the Przewalski horses and observed them for about half an hour.
The attached photo (depicting one of the horses) was taken mid november this year.

IMG_4981.JPG

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Its a really cold day here and I have been sitting in the conservatory with a blanket over me whilst reading a good book. The sun came out and the room became toasty warm. Of course, I fell asleep. Look what I found tucked under the blanket by my feet when I woke.

Moments like this are perfect

20171010_151345.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.