The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got to say it's a happy week here (which we needed) because 3 months ago we took in three feral kittens that ran in front of our car several blocks from our home. My husband and I (along with a few wonderful neighbors) thought we had finally gotten the feral cat issue in our neighborhood "fixed" (pun intended) - - so we were surprised to see new feral kittens in the neighborhood (we were asking for it karma-wise when a few of us said this summer "can't believe we've gotten all but one of the colony fixed" - obviously there were TWO we didn't get). So we found mama cat and got her fixed (and even got the neighbor whose garage she'd had the kittens in - despite being VERY vocal about being a "dog guy" - to agree to feed her, make sure she had water, and he even let us put a shelter with a kitty heating pad in his yard -----and he now sends me notes about how "he loves that Maggie greets him in the morning" and how "fun she can be to watch - - -we'll make a cat guy out of him yet!). The shelter I volunteer for agreed to admit them into their system (so they could pay for the fixing and other medical expenses) if we'd foster and socialize them. We brought all 3 kittens in (three girls -----two torties - Maddie and Lexi, and an orange tiger - Sydney), socialized them, had them fixed - and FINALLY last week - found homes for each of them before any had to go back to the shelter!!! So we're darned happy!!!!!! :) Cross your collective fingers all kitties and all adopters are happy!!!!

I attached pics of them.... (top to bottom - Maddie, Lexi and Sydney)
Maddie 9_2017_reduced.jpg
Lexie 11_11_2017.jpg
SYDNEY_SuperCloseUp_small.jpg

My other bit of happiness is my love for this site and respect for all who make it work.........my gratitude beyond measure for all of the members who - so often - have been a calming force when I'm panicking over a missing feral....a source of advice when a foster, feral, or even resident cat does something I'm stumped by (despite over 25 years of fostering and even more of being a kitty parent...seems like there's always something else to try)....and a shoulder when a beloved feral or resident cat passes on. This site and its members have kept me sane more times than I can count. I know our beloved "Gang of Four" (the four ferals who now are basically as permanent residents as four ferals can be) have much better lives thanks to alot of amazing advice from members.

I attached a pic of Brady - one of the three beautiful greys with gorgeous seafoam green eyes, and Crosby, the only non-grey of the four. They'd also like to say thanks to all of the members who've helped their "most-of-the-time-momma" stay "most-of-the-time-sane".

Cfrosby in summer grass Small.jpg

BRADY_spring 2017.jpg

And as a graphic designer (sadly, can't figure out how to get fostering to pay the bills) - - - the logo update is nicely done!

Last edited by a moderator:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Lassie, the fat black mutt surrendered two weeks ago, is going to her new home next Tuesday. Her new mom comes to visit her every day and take her for a walk. :clapcat:

We now have an 8-month-old puppy the size of a large German Shepherd. According to his papers, he's a Molosser with no actual breed specified. He's going to be huge once he grows into his paws. :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy to be up, productive, through most of the morning's work so early and warm with torti laptop. Very happy to see your pix, kittychick kittychick and read your post! It warms my heart reading of precious lives saved, every time. What gorgeous kittens and cats! Keep up the amazing work and know you're doing the most important work there is: that of saving these sweet lives.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
IMG_8684.JPG
Being productive in the yard and home today. I'm happy to see that my roses are blooming again, even with the cold snap. I don't know much about gardening, but the former tenant of this house kept up quite a nice one. I'm trying my best to do it justice (or at least not kill it,) and enjoying the process.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I removed all the fluorescent light fixtures at work this week and replaced them with recessed lights and daylight LED light bulbs. So much nicer, a more pawsitive feeling work space.

December 1st :) I will have had Taz for 4 years at the end of the month.

Baby Taz. Dec 28, 2013. His first full day in his forever home.
BabyTaz1stXmas.JPG

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Double YEAH, Shane Kent Shane Kent ! *We love LED's too. But we also know which of the 2 topics you posted about is the one you, I, and no doubt everyone else here, would be happiest about* :lovecat2:

Though I don't celebrate holidays now and Ex #2 isn't from here, I have this tradition, because he's over here kind of on his own, of making a big fancy dinner on the November and December holidays. I wasn't able to last week, so I'm doing this tonight. Everyone's going to be VERY happy, I predict! and I do like doing all the prep and cooking, I must admit.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I was driving to work and an old truck was behind me. When I moved to the left turn lane to my office parking lot, he passed me and turned left into the service station next door and made a U-turn. As I was parking, I noticed the man pulling into my otherwise empty work parking lot. Then he got out of his truck and started approaching me, still in my car. I got a little frightened by the rather ragtag-looking stranger.

I stepped out of my car and he said, "Hi! I just wanted to let you know that your driver's side brake light is out."

:crackup: Phew!

I thanked him rather profusely and told him that he had probably saved me an expensive traffic ticket over a $3 light bulb.

Sometimes the kindness of strangers just makes your whole day. :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I was reading tonight with Leo snuggling next to me. I decided to snooze a little and put my book down. Leo hopped on my chest. I thought he was going to lie on my chest and keep my warm while I napped. But he took off! As I was nodding off, I sang out "Where are the kitties? I need a cat to snuggle while I sleep!"

I drifted off. When I woke up, there was a very warm spot on my belly. I thought it might be Leo, but when I petted him, it was not a long-hair like Leo. It was that little velvet-furred Seal cat! I opened my eyes and saw that Leo was snuggling up on my right. I should have known my little guys would not abandon me to nap alone! :heartshape::happycat::catlove:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have my largest slow cooker going with pea soup and a ham bone! I can't wait for dinner! The whole point of making a ham the other day was to have a bone for soup making. I lost my recipe I normally use so I found one online. I hope it turns out as good!
YUM! I haven't made split pea soup in ages but it is so good. It was one of DH's favorites and the recipe I used was so simple! I used smoked ham hocks (about 4 good sized ones- we wanted it meaty), 1 bag of rinsed dried peas, a few cloves of minced garlic, one good sized onion minced and a couple of carrots minced. I would add all of this to the slow cooker with enough water to cover and cook it on low at least 12 hours before removing the hocks, letting them cool and pulling the skin off, shredding the meat and returning that to the pot minus all the bones of course. DH was in heaven with a bowl of that and some oyster crackers. DD loved it too. I may make some for her one of these days.

AmyTheKittyMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m relieved that the kitten’s first vet visit went well. While they were squirmy in a typical kitten manner when being examined and certainly didn’t like having their temperature taken, for the most part they cooperated. The vet was very gentle and kind with them, and prescribed some medication to help them feel better. I’d say that’s a huge burden I no longer have to stress about.

Status
Not open for further replies.