The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I took the opportunity of an unseasonably warm day coupled with a day off to take Speedy out to see some sights.
View attachment 207830 View attachment 207832

I did not expect another opportunity before Spring to go out, but we were lucky today!
That looks like so much fun! I've always wondered how Charlie would take to a stroller. Have you and Speedy had overall pawsitive experiences with it?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One of my cats, Marley, has been missing since Saturday evening. He's one of my more feral ones. He allows me to pet him sometimes, but there is no way I can pick him up. I was really worried about him alone in the woods all that time.

Last night, just as I was giving everyone supper Marley showed up! He managed to find his way back home and climb into the enclosure by himself. He looks fine. He ate a huge dinner and has been asleep ever since. I'm going to get him a few cans of his favourite food when I go out later.

Welcome home Marley.

:welcomeback:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad Marley came back, you must have been so worried Norachan Norachan . All that you do for the cats is amazing. Thank you for looking out for them always and caring so much about them!

abyeb abyeb , the pet stroller was really bought on a whim from where I work, as it was on close-out and I couldn't resist. I had no idea how Speedy would react. I wondered if she'd cry and scratch to get out. Well, she just sits and looks around like she's been doing it forever. Really, the wheels wobble a bit and if I had to do it over, I may have saved for a better model, but it seems to be good enough for us at this time. Just enough for us to get some fresh air.:purplebutterfly::evergreen::daisy::tree:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's snowing, which brings back happy memories of our last cat. Jamie used to wriggle with delight when it snowed, so it was hard to put his harness on to take him for a walk in it. He liked to slide on ice, too.

Mowgli, on the other hand, sticks his nose out the door to his balcony catio and backs up in disgust.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I overslept this morning; I woke up at 9.08am instead of 7.30am. I started to panic, but when I saw my Missy, still in a deep sleep, not bothered by time or professional duty, I started laughing :).
Thank you Missy for enabling me to put this in perspective.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Seal, the ex-feral, has become such a sweet cat. I suppose he was always sweet, it's just taken a while to settle down and adjust to being an indoor cat. He has thick velvety fur and he smells so good. He is a favorite for me to kiss on. Lately, when I bend over to kiss him, he raises his head, rises a little, stretches his neck out and offers me the top of his head for a smacker. :redheartpump: Such a smart kitty! :happycat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really enjoying everyone's posts and pix! Carleton is beyond adorable, neely neely !!! Woke up this morning and my gardeners presented me with a "surprise" on my bill. That didn't make me very happy -- I'll have to discuss it with the boss as I did not okay this extra charge. But am glad I feel better than I thought I would after yesterday's mega-shopping supply run. Cleaning the house, doing my work, and loving my Three.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday, I accidentally met my old science teacher. He introduced me to his mum. We agreed that a) I should go to vet school and b) pets are really good things. I also met a friend of my cousin's later that day.
Sounds like a smart man. Cats have always been beloved family members for me and my family, on both sides, male and female, and they give us unconditional loyalty and love.
Being social is so important, don't you think? And nice people are cool.

Darkiplier

The Sire
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a smart man. Cats have always been beloved family members for me and my family, on both sides, male and female, and they give us unconditional loyalty and love.
Being social is so important, don't you think? And nice people are cool.
While they both preferred dogs, they didn't dislike cats. My English teacher today told me that I should get a pet for the sake of my mental health. It might not be too long from now that I do so.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The ground just lurched and shook in my building, thanks to a small earthquake one state over. My bit of pawsitive news is that it wasn't a major earthquake with the epicenter right below me. Living in Maryland, earthquakes are not the first things that spring to mind when the floor lurches and shakes!

Alicia88

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When i was living in the high desert in California, one night my door jiggled and my couch moved a tiny bit. I found out later there was an earthquake down the mountain and it wasn't a tiny one. I guess something about being up there kept it from affecting us much, I dunno. It was interesting experience.
I grew up in tornado alley. Oddly enough, I have no fear of tornadoes. I've been through several. Earthquakes, on the other hand, do scare me a bit. I guess I'm more afraid of a storm that can bury me alive - which is technically something a tornado can do, I guess, but at least a tornado won't cause the ground to open up under my feet and swallow me.
I've got snuggly kitties all over me. What could be more positive than that?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darkiplier Darkiplier , cats are really, really good for our health. Their purrs have been proven to strengthen our bones! Stroking them has been proven to lower our blood pressure. And caring for them makes us happier, healthier and yes, more mentally stable people. Cats are the best!
margd margd I was just reading about that on twitter. Unusual for over there!
Alicia88 Alicia88 a fellow former desert dweller -- then you know how amazingly beautiful the Mojave is! Yeah, the famed San Andreas Fault runs through there. I'm CA born and bred, and have experienced quite a few. They can be really scary, but I couldn't handle tornadoes AT ALL, or hurricanes. Give me the dry land!
Got the work I was thinking of not doing all done! and feel so much better for having done it. We're doing some great lifesaving online for the NYACC cats. Nothing feels better than knowing we are helping to get cats into loving homes!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have the day off today!

:woohoo:

I spent the morning cleaning the house and then had a long yoga session. (Crow pose into tripod headstand into pike headstand then a jump back into low plank successfully pulled off today. :yess:)

The kittens are charging round the house while to older cats all snooze. I love my days off.

Status
Not open for further replies.