The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is to keeping all kittys everywhere safe, sound and loved by caring folks like we have here!
What would life be like without our adorable, spoiled, loving, purring bundles of mischief? I can honestly say I tried it but life without them is NO LIFE AT ALL!

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A good friend of mine at work has been going through some rough times lately. This morning though, she was so happy. She had just won two tickets to Universal Studios theme park. She is very excited and I couldn't be happier for her. She really needed something good to look forward to. So here's to unexpected (happy) surprises!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had bit slow day, but decided to make tomorrow's breakfast at evening, so by 10pm I had two batches of Fatayer pies out from oven, wonderful scents escaping to hall of this apartment house and some neighbors probably again quite envious, but Fatayer tastes so good.

There is enough for tomorrow's dinner too, so I have extra hour or two tomorrow.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had bit slow day, but decided to make tomorrow's breakfast at evening, so by 10pm I had two batches of Fatayer pies out from oven, wonderful scents escaping to hall of this apartment house and some neighbors probably again quite envious, but Fatayer tastes so good.

There is enough for tomorrow's dinner too, so I have extra hour or two tomorrow.
*And not only the NEIGHBORS*

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
I made sushi today and onigiri or omusubi. The sushi was hard because I kept rolling it the wrong way. But the onigiri is SO yummy! And now I have lunches made for all week!

I went to a big supermarket and did a lot of shopping in the Asian section. I'm so excited about it. I would much rather eat a yummy rice ball with nori than a deli sandwich . Yay food!

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think WE CAN ALL AGREE, we are a bunch of kind hearted, loving, caring, spoiling softies that have ALL been WELL TRAINED by those sweet, feisty, curious balls of fur that have made such a mark on our hearts. And anyone that loves another creature as much as we do, can't be all that bad!☆☆☆

CThom17

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Forrest absolutely pawsitively wants to go inside his warm house! Generally when it's chilly outside he'll want to go out, which only lasts about 5 minutes and then he wants to come right back in where it's warm.

Last edited:

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I have a bit of a positive story for you. When I was an early teenager I roller skated around where I lived. It was an apartment complex and in this one big corner a whole bunch of strays and ferals hung out. When I found it I started buying cat treats and started feeding all the cats. There was a neighbor that fed them cat food when he could he told me all there names. My favorite cat was a semi feral named Pilgrim. Gray and white American short hair so sweet. I loved him alot I wanted to adopt him but my mom said no because we already had 2 cats. One day I found pilgrim a little hurt so skated home real fast and got the first aid kit and fixed him right up. That little corner was my favorite place growing up ^-^

happilyretired

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so happy. The 4-year-old rescue cat I adopted in late October hid for over 2 weeks. I've never had a cat do that, and I was sure she would be an aloof and distant cat. But she is a total love sponge! She loves to 'cuddle,' and while she still is somewhat 'skittish' (from early abuse, I'm sure), each day, she becomes a more happy and confident cat.

I'm in love!

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard a wonderful sermon on the radio this morning while I was feeding Buddy, and it really lifted my spirits and has made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside all day. Sometimes I can feel so overwhelmed when life seems to be getting the better of me, and I very much appreciated the reminder that there's always a spring after winter. ;)

Oh, and someone bought some thin mint cookies for me today! Yay!

auntie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
there is a cool rescue in my area, HART of Maine. Here is some info:
The Homeless Animal Rescue Team (HART) is a shelter and adoption center for cats in Cumberland, Maine. We provide refuge, comfort, and medical attention to cats and kittens that have been surrendered, abandoned, injured, or abused, and find loving homes to adopt them. HART is an all-volunteer organization. The people who help do so knowing that their generosity and kindness make a difference in the lives of many animals.
Here is their URL:
HART of Maine Adoption Center & Shelter for Cats | ME | Cat Shelter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The 4 kittens think my little dog is their mom... They all come up to her and it sounds like a swarm of bees and then little growls bcz they try and nurse her (goofy babies). They give up with that and all cuddle up to her. It is so cute and sweet! I posted a pic of tab and dakini cuddled up right now. So sweet, they make me wish I was tiny so I could fit on the pillow too!
15123451989751277352307.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I had a long walk in a small nature reserve nearby my home early this morning. I saw some of the Przewalski horses and observed them for about half an hour.
The attached photo (depicting one of the horses) was taken mid november this year.

View attachment 208297
Wow, Przewalski horses! I had no idea they existed anywhere out side of Russia. They've very rare, aren't they? They're the ancestors of our modern day domestic horses. I hear they still have "toes" rather than one hoof on each leg. (Although I guess you were a bit too far away to see that. ;))

I spam a little, but you have to smell this... I still need bit of practice, but at least taste is good so you all are invited to storm my fridge :D
View attachment 208373

View attachment 208374
JTbo, that looks so good! I'm very envious of people who can cook and bake. I'm not allowed in the kitchen. I start fires and poison people.

:shocked:

My positive news is that Mr Husband remembered to turn the heaters on before he left for work this morning. When I got up the house was all cosy and warm.

:purr:

Status
Not open for further replies.