The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton discovered a new toy this morning, i.e. the plastic wrapper on the lid of my steel cut oatmeal container, lol. :lol: It was curled like a ribbon and just the right size for him to bat with his paws. I held it up for him to play with then promptly discarded it for safety. Funny how the simplest things make the best toys. :wink:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my positive for today is that both Dude and Punky seem to have passed the worst of their upper respiratory infections, and are just experiencing some lingering gastro sensitivity. :thumbsup: this is great news, as Punky was feeling very poorly yesterday. our Dude seemed to experience very mild symptoms.

all three cats are still sneezing somewhat, but our vet said that sneezing could last for up to 3 weeks after they're over the upper respiratory infection.

and little DeeDee is continuing to do well! :D

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny how the simplest things make the best toys. :wink:
neely neely - ...and the best Lives, too.

Just a glorious afternoon here today, with the temperature in the mid-seventies, and the humidity back down around 50%!

Shane Kent Shane Kent - If you were here an hour from now, it's be Italian sausage patties on the grill, topped with eight year old cheddar.

;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking off in the am early enough and driving far enough, maybe, possibly, some of those meteors will be spotted :D
Furballsmom Furballsmom - Thanks for beating me to the reminder about the Perseid Meteor Shower tomorrow night!

You're lucky - you can just drive somewhere for near-total darkness; I have to walk five eighths of a mile and then paddle the canoe a hundred yards to the island for a good 360º vantage point - and I'm old! Good grief, I'd better pack a midnight snack this year!

;)

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine A couple of hours ago I was wandering the thrift store with these in my hands waiting for Karen to finish looking around.

CatFig1Aug11_2018.JPG

CatFig2Aug11_2018.JPG

@Jcatbird The ornament is porcelain. Four cats, I don't think I will be hanging that on a tree. I will post a photo of the blanket she gave me when I get a chance, I like it a lot.

No cottage today but Taz and Zoe are happy. I don't let them outside at the cottage but they are allowed their supervised visits to the outdoors at home. Kitty and Rusty think the outdoors are overrated, who could blame two socialized feral cats.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent --I was just going to ask if you would post a photo of your new cat blanket. Love the new figurines, cute one with the paw extended.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --We have a canoe, but it's like 30 years old! Not sure if I would trust it anymore.
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer --I don't find dentists painful if they load me up with enough Novocain. The pain is in my wallet. :eek2:
My positive for today is that my pal already made her Pasty for our contest. She figured out the kinks in the recipe and told me how to bake them without burning. I'm making mine tomorrow. I'm such a cheater, getting help from my competition! :lol: Hope she doesn't mind me posting this, but here's her Pasty pic in post #1356:
What's For Dinner? - 2018

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --We have a canoe, but it's like 30 years old! Not sure if I would trust it anymore.
M maggiedemi - Mine are both old Grummans - I bought my fifteen footer forty-one years ago, and the seventeen foot's a shade older. I'd trust either one on any waterway where I'd still be willing to paddle. I'll betcha that Shane Kent Shane Kent would agree; they never die!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
My positive is that the wind is very light and so does not contribute to the local fire which they now call the "Holy Fire", don't ask me why. It's about 20 miles from where I live and I have posted pics on the "What's on Your Mind" threat. The skies are almost blue again so the air must be getting cleaner after all that smoke turning it brown. I've been running the A/C because of that. I'm sure kitties are grateful for that also particularly the 2 18-year-olds who must be suffering just like old people do.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive is that the wind is very light and so does not contribute to the local fire which they now call the "Holy Fire", don't ask me why.
segelkatt segelkatt - According to the Wiki article, "The Holy Fire was first reported at 1:17PM PST on Monday August 6, 2018, in Holy Jim Canyon (from which the fire derives its name), a community of about 40 homes and cabins in the Trabuco Canyon area of the Santa Ana Mountains."

Holy Fire (fire) - Wikipedia

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
segelkatt segelkatt my thoughts and prayers are with all of you out there!!

I just wanted to comment, --there are some amazing people who tirelessly work magic for their kitties :redheartpump:

OH MY GOSH what a baseball game!!!! Bottom of the ninth - let me repeat. Bottom of THE NINTH inning, Dodgers ahead 2-0.

We won we won we won (AGAIN) with a walk-off three run homer by a player brought on to the roster last year as a rookie, and to add a rather neat-o thing, the batter's parents were in the stands tonight. How cool is that??

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's a Canon PowerShot SX620.
Nice! I'm a Canon fan too. I had a G12 that lasted for years and survived being lugged around on various adventures with me. Now I have G9, which takes nice pictures too.

Here is a picture of a very happy Mom and two of her babies. They are enjoying their reward for making their way back home.
I'm glad your little storm babies all made their way home.

:wavey:

A couple of hours ago I was wandering the thrift store with these in my hands waiting for Karen to finish looking around.
Oh, pretty!

I love any time that I get to play with fire, cook, AND eat sugar-encrusted dessert.
Now if I tried to do that I'd burn the house down and we'd all die happily in a sugar-induced coma

:lol:

My positive for the day is that I finally got the new Kitty Kennel finished and in position.

I think they like it.

TreeHouse53.jpg
TreeHouse54.jpg
TreeHouse58.jpg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
segelkatt segelkatt - According to the Wiki article, "The Holy Fire was first reported at 1:17PM PST on Monday August 6, 2018, in Holy Jim Canyon (from which the fire derives its name), a community of about 40 homes and cabins in the Trabuco Canyon area of the Santa Ana Mountains."

It has pretty much left the Trabuco Canyon and moved towards Elsinore which has a big man-made lake. If you look at the pictures I had posted yesterday you'll see a panorama with Saddleback towards the left (that's actually 2 mountain peaks, Modjeska and Santiago). The canyons are quite steep and narrow there which is why the developers have not invaded the place, yet. But a fire will race up those canyon walls and spread like crazy because they are so inaccessable by truck and foot. The fire first could be seen from here between the 2 peaks, then farther to the right and farther down where it sent all that brown smoke into the air, now there is that white smoke you can see on those last pics which is towards the small town of Elsinore. Thankfully this morning it is not only overcast but the humidity is up to 75%, feels almost foggy and there might have been some during the night. The winds, what there was of them, must have really turned during the night and brought all that moisture in from the ocean.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My positive for the day is that I finally got the new Kitty Kennel finished and in position.

I think they like it.
@noraschan - Holy feline infestation - you have more cat houses than Pearl de Vere! I like this one - CatLadder, CatCubby, CatDeck and CatShelf combined. I wonder if Ikea would buy the design from you?

To the gardeners of the Northeastern U.S. and southern Ontario:

What's with the Roses of Sharon this year? My red and white Painted usually blooms out by July's last days, and the pink follows a few days later. Both are going strong here in what is nearly mid-August, and the pink is producing blooms almost one and one half times the size it does typically. Not complaining in the least, but has anyone else noticed this phenomenon?

Bonus Pawsitive: I've never seen any member of the weasel Family here on the property, but saw my first Mink ever last night at twilight undulating across the lawn. When I came inside, Moo Shu was at the window with her front paws on the glass, hopping up and down on little Snowshoe feet, and making that Siamese *chortle* sound. She looked at me as I came through the door and screamed, "Mowroooowwwweeeee-owww!"

"Oh, stop that you silly cat; you already have a fur coat."

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my positive for today is that while two of mine are still experiencing some lingering gastro sensitivity, i'm working to keep their kitty tummies calm and they're both moving around doing normal things -- looking out windows, seeking attention and pets. and our DeeDee seems to be fully over the upper respiratory infection, save for an occasional sneeze. we're getting there!! :agree:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I don’t think I will see the mink at the cottage today, contractors rebuilt the dock last week. We didn’t bring the cats, not worth them fussing in the car for a short day trip.

4AF2BDE0-CD6B-4A38-9797-D97722ECCBAD.jpeg

9FE975F1-65E7-4DA9-851D-C819BF8948F1.jpeg

I hope Mother Nature drops plenty of rain where it is needed. Makes it impossible to wish you all a beautiful day knowing that is not possible for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.