The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once again I've fallen behind on this thread and my pawsitive posts. :doh:
When my daughter was in for a visit we bought a very comfortable air mattress which we can deflate. However, Carleton thinks it's his new cat bed and we don't have the heart to do it. :heartshape:
neely neely - Ahhhh... how wonderful! Cats and air mattresses; what could possibly go wrong?

;)

I broke down and bought a new camera. I'm going on vacation soon and it's been a pain to lug my other camera with all the lenses on a plane. I went with a small point and shoot. I have two weeks to figure it out. :lol:

You can see the space saving I will have while travelling -

View attachment 247057
AbbysMom AbbysMom - Is the new point-and-shoot also a Canon?

Here, August has brought with it Spring - some rain, a brighter, greener landscape, and seventy-two degrees of comfort. The window sills are filled with cats, watching the hummingbirds at the Hosta, the air is filled with the songs of Sparrows, Robins and Grosbeaks, and soon, the grill will be filled with charcoal!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom - Is the new point-and-shoot also a Canon?

It is. It's a Canon PowerShot SX620.

Apparently it's equipped to transfer photos to a computer, smartphone, etc. over Wifi. I haven't figured that one yet, but did manage to transfer some the old-fashioned way via my card reader.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is. It's a Canon PowerShot SX620.

Apparently it's equipped to transfer photos to a computer, smartphone, etc. over Wifi. I haven't figured that one yet, but did manage to transfer some the old-fashioned way via my card reader.
AbbysMom AbbysMom - The Nikon is allegedly likewise equipped. It's a lot simpler just to transfer images by USB. I tried reading the manual three times, and finally realised the value in it - excellent charcoal starter!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I already have positives for today! I have seen a great new camera, learned the best place to find a good bargain, have smiled at Carleton taking over an air mattress and laughed about a new kind of tinder to use to start a grill. Thanks for that giggle 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ! If Carleton punctures the mattress I hope it a slow leak. We don’t want him to become airborne. Careful kitty! @Shane Kent I am curious about the new acquisition. Is it wood stained,Wood burned, carved? Very nice! Furballsmom Furballsmom still enjoying your photos. I can enjoy nature through the things you share! I am off to a great start for the day! I hope everyone else does the same.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a lot of you are off to a PAWSitive start -- good on ya!
I'm a Canon PowerShot lover, too. They are great cameras and yes, it's very easy to download via the USB that comes with the unit. May I recommend GooglePhotos to everyone, too. Unlimited free storage if you choose thumbnail, and very quick to upload. I must admit, though, that I grab the iPhone more often, because it's right here, and its camera really is excellent.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Shane Kent --Thanks for the photos of the Corel Centre being turned into Scotiabank Place, so cool! Yeah, I think you're much safer doing office work than up on those rope, yikes! I like your kitty ornament. I think it's an ornament? :)
Jcatbird Jcatbird --For the contest we are making Pasties, not Pastries. They are a meat pie. So glad you found the cats that were lost!
Lari Lari --This is the recipe we are using for the contest. Is it similar to yours?
Michigan Pasty (Meat Hand Pie)
My positive for the day is that Demi is a mighty hunter! We had a mouse in the house last night for the first time since we got the cats. But Demi was on the case. I didn't care for the fact that after killing it, he ran through the house and flung it everywhere. Ewww! But the important thing is, it's gone!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari --This is the recipe we are using for the contest. Is it similar to yours?
Michigan Pasty (Meat Hand Pie)
Here's mine.
20180810_150945.jpg
Yours is more complete since you actually make the pie crust (and it doesn't have you make so many!). Otherwise, it's pretty similar. I may have to bookmark your page.

Is that a positive enough post? Umm...two kitties are very happy because I just fed them. They would call that pawsitive.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi Tee hee! The Pasties sound yummy! I’m always laughing at my brain compensating for my vision losses. It often leaves me thinking I have seen a word I am more used to seeing than a slightly different word. The Pasties are making my hungry! No matter who makes the slightly better version, I say you both come out winners! I can say that I know a difference between the Pasties and pastries that would count big here. The cats would be trying to steal the pasty. Lol
Good for Demi! The mighty hunting kitty!
Here is a picture of a very happy Mom and two of her babies. They are enjoying their reward for making their way back home. Warm chicken and lots of broth. The third baby was full by the time I got the camera! Lol
8B9AC9A2-B080-453D-8CD1-7909C90951CD.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari I don't trust people who like rutabuggers :lolup:. I mean, you COULD eat something that tastes like dirt, but why would you? :dunno::gaah::please::nono: Seriously, though I don't like 'em myself, my mom loved 'em and that's good enough for me. Those pasties have their roots in Cornwall, yes? I read a book in which they figured rather prominently, CARELESS IN RED by Elizabeth George. A murder mystery set in Cornwall. Quite a few pasties were consumed therein.

And Jcatbird Jcatbird , so glad this little family is home and enjoying a treat!:welcomeback1:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a picture of a very happy Mom and two of her babies. They are enjoying their reward for making their way back home. Warm chicken and lots of broth. The third baby was full by the time I got the camera! Lol View attachment 247111
Jcatbird Jcatbird - Bob says, "there is nothing more pawsitive than a kitty eating all the things!"

bobeats.jpg

Those pasties have their roots in Cornwall, yes?
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Absolutely - "Cornish Pasties," originally. My Dad's crock pot beef stew jammed into a pie crust. Food of the Gods, when the Gods are broke (with apologies to James Norman Hall).

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine --That's a cool idea, to just dump beef stew into a pie crust! I'll try that next time. That would make an easy pot pie too.
Lari Lari --Thanks for the recipe. It does look similar to mine. I think I'm going to serve some beef gravy on the side. Some recipes say to serve ketchup or butter.
Jcatbird Jcatbird --Beautiful Calicos! So glad you found them. Is that Flowers?
My positive for tonight is bacon. We had a bunch of bacon that was about to expire, so we cooked it up on the grill. I think we overdid it. I feel kinda sick and can hear my arteries blocking. I don't think bacon is a complete meal, is it? But I sure enjoyed it. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M maggiedemi - I don't eat ketchup (or tomatoes, or red spaghetti sauce, or...I think barbecue sauce is the only tomato based thing I'll still happily eat) so I highly approve of the gravy as the side.

I just got back from seeing this really good documentary called Identical Strangers about these triplets adopted into three different families. It was riveting.

Speaking of adopted, less than five minutes after getting home my adopted family member has me waving around a wand toy. I think it's clear who owns who in this relationship. :gingercat::winkcat:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a nice air mattress the girls always loved. It's been a while since we tried it. Our old house sitter used to sleep on it but sometimes it wouldn't hold the air well. I think the last time she stayed here she slept on the couch. :paperbag: I thought the girls would like my kids old crib mattresses; but they didn't. Maybe they smelled too much like the kids. :lol:

I finished selecting and purchasing my kids school books for the year! :banana2: School starts in just over a week! :running: Still so much to do; but I'm really glad to be done with that part. Now I get to stalk the shipping and hope everything is here in time!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are all so great. I might as well just keep this grin on my face!
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Thank you for the good wishes on the kitties. I am relieved.
My daughter loved rutabagas so I had to cook them. Whew! That child must have known someone related to Bob!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Did Bob have family in Georgia? I think my cats are related and they raised my daughter. Even though she was petite she ate everything! Lol I personally love the beef stew in pie crust. Another I love to fix is to stew a chicken, remove the chunks of meat, turn the broth into thick gravy and toss that into a pie crust to bake until the crust is a nice golden brown. With extra gravy on the side, of course. You guys stop! I’ll be back in the kitchen again tonight. Bacon, bacon, bacon! Lol

M maggiedemi Thank you on behalf of the kitties! I think they are pretty sweet myself! Flowers is actually a tabby that is very feral. I thought the name might be a positive influence. Besides, she is a wild flower. That Mom in the photo is Kelly. Still working on baby names. I think the one not pictured, an orange/gold tabby with white is Ring. If kitty agrees. Not sure when that came about but.....
The smallest calico is Bright. Kitty likes it so it stuck. The mostly white has not claimed a name yet. Just waiting for a response to something positive! Lol I still have to convince Mom to become a human lover. She does like now though! Maybe bacon would help! Ha!
These four and Flowers are the last I need to bring in unless the wandering male shows up. Once I do it will be a grand celebration! Safety and comfort for all! I will post that positive if and when it happens. Hoping bigtime!

neely neely That photo is beautiful! Carleton is every little girl’s dream kitty. Awwwww!

Furballsmom Furballsmom Thank you. Actually the kitties make sure that I know that I am the fortunate one. They give me lots of TLC to remind me. Kelly may not be in my lap yet but she seems to be offering a future relationship. After all, she doesn’t see me as a bad influence on her children so I must have gotten under her fur a little bit! Lol

Lari Lari I think you are very perceptive. The kitties allow us to think we are in charge but we do tend to try very hard to satisfy their every whim. Hmmm.

It’s been fun everyone! Thank you for a delightful day!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@debbila I'd love to go for a sidewalk stroll again nearby. I guess we always want what we don't have, haha. The area I'm in can be very pretty, truly, but the sides of the road are covered in litter. And foxtails. On a PAWsitive note, I made a friend with a neighbor because we both like to walk and pick up what litter we can while we walk. We each take a side of the road, and do what we can. It's actually kind of nice, light work, and good conversation.
Also, for the foxtails, I got Mondo some boots so they don't get in his feet if we go on a trail. He's not used to them yet, but they're adorable on!

@Shane Kent thrift store finds are the best! I love to see your cat finds! Now, if only I could get my local thrift store to put cool stuff aside for me! ;)

AbbysMom AbbysMom I'vet always found Canon's tutorials and customer service to be excellent. I'm sure the USB works just as well, but their videos might be worth a look if you want wifi. However, depending on to which device you're trying to wirelessly transfer photos, the method may differ. Here's their tutorial videos for that camera:
Canon Knowledge Base - WiFi Setup Videos - PowerShot SX620 HS

Final PAWsitive: I had a painless dentist visit today, and it looks like my insurance will cover everything I'm supposed to get done. It's pretty lame how much effort we have to put in to taking care of our teeth. I don't think I could stand to pay an arm and a leg for it, too! :D Really, though, I am grateful that I can get it all done and over with!

Status
Not open for further replies.