The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Ottawa River, August 2015, northwest of the city of Ottawa.

OttawaRiverAugust2015.JPG

It is Friday and I am headed to the cottage after work. Won't be as green as the photo above but it is so quiet there. Plus I see more wild life in the Fall and Spring with fewer cottagers around to scare them off. With all the rain Ontario got this summer, it set me back on work I am doing at the cottage and I am hoping to get a start on a couple of Kittypa's perches this weekend.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ottawa River, August 2015, northwest of the city of Ottawa.

View attachment 206872

It is Friday and I am headed to the cottage after work. Won't be as green as the photo above but it is so quiet there. Plus I see more wild life in the Fall and Spring with fewer cottagers around to scare them off. With all the rain Ontario got this summer, it set me back on work I am doing at the cottage and I am hoping to get a start on a couple of Kittypa's perches this weekend.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Great photo; it surely makes me wish I were there - or up on the Winisk or the Abitibi or the Attawapiskat....

A little further south, it's positively breathtaking here today, with the sort of light that Thomas Kinkaide might have enjoyed. Almost December, and the Oaks, who keep their leaves so long at any rate, are still showing their ruddy colouration, though most everything else is bare - but the carpet of leaves along the high bank at the Great Niagara Bend is still bright in the sunlight. The Bald Eagles are happy, however, with no foliage and far less reflection to mask the salmon as they ply the river below. A glorious day, by any standard.

november2417.jpg

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
A reminder of the rules

The rules -1. Positive posts only. Tell us something nice about your day or about the world in general. Forget neutral - spread the joy! If you feel like ranting or venting about something that's, well, not as positive, start a separate thread for that please. If you get confused and post something we don't think is positive, it could end up deleted or moved to its own thread.

You can add neutral content to a positive post (for example, if you have a question about this fundraiser or if you want to respond to a previous post in a neutral way) but please avoid negativity so we don't have to edit it out.

2. Minimum of 15 words per post. Just posting "good morning!" won't qualify for the purpose of this thread and will be deleted. Keep your posts long enough and meaningful. The only exception is sharing a page from TCS on social media - in which case a link to the share is enough.

3. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

4. Comprehensible posts. Your posts need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread by nature, but we still expect you to communicate with your fellow members.

5.Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for each post in this thread.

6. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.
I've been seeing more and more post that are less than 15 words or consecutive postings.

A positive for me is that I survived Thanksgiving. :lol: I host my family and it's a lot of work and fairly chaotic. All done now for another year. :)

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Great photo; it surely makes me wish I were there - or up on the Winisk or the Abitibi or the Attawapiskat....

A little further south, it's positively breathtaking here today, with the sort of light that Thomas Kinkaide might have enjoyed. Almost December, and the Oaks, who keep their leaves so long at any rate, are still showing their ruddy colouration, though most everything else is bare - but the carpet of leaves along the high bank at the Great Niagara Bend is still bright in the sunlight. The Bald Eagles are happy, however, with no foliage and far less reflection to mask the salmon as they ply the river below. A glorious day, by any standard.

View attachment 206879
Breathtaking seems the right word, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , even somewhat surreal, and triggering all the senses.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really inspired seeing all of your outdoor pix, everyone -- I miss the Mojave and its beauty SO MUCH and here in the city I feel so claustrophobic most of the time. So your photos really give me an uplift. I'm also very happy yesterday is behind us, because for a lot of us it is not a happy day at all, though I try to find the blessings in each and every day. I'm also happy because even though I stay away from consumerism as much as possible, I did go shopping online today for -- what else? -- special cat foods and treats. Because they deserve them. And because I'm happiest when they're happiest.
IMG_0013.JPG

*Some Autumn color from the Mojave*

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's very cold here today. The good news is that we found sheets of insulating foam that we could attach to the inside of our storm shutters, so when the shutters are closed it keeps the house much warmer. It was pretty cosy here last night.

Mount Fuji is starting to look pretty wintery.

Walk71.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very cold here today. The good news is that we found sheets of insulating foam that we could attach to the inside of our storm shutters, so when the shutters are closed it keeps the house much warmer. It was pretty cosy here last night.

Mount Fuji is starting to look pretty wintery.

View attachment 206949
Norachan Norachan - This view is so stunning as to be nearly heart-stopping. You live amidst beauty which seems both luxuriant and almost savage at once. What a wonderful place.

scraggles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I lived in Canada for a couple of years Shane Kent, a number of years ago now, but the complete distinction between your seasons is just breathtaking.

I had a bit of a breakthrough last night in my ongoing attempts to try to get Scraggles back to sleeping in the bed at night. Because of his love of my big red dressing gown I decided to spread it over my duvet before falling asleep to see if he'd be tempted to sleep on it - it worked! - I slept most of the night with Scraggies curled into my belly and visiting kitty curled behind my knees... :hearthrob:
:catlove:

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An early walk in the city park wakes up the senses. The cold giving you goosebumps; the strong patchouli like scent of decomposing leaves ; the beautiful autumn colours and the overwhelming silence...
Enjoy your day !

View attachment 206986
mama africa mama africa - What a lovely, serene view. There's no morning chill here today - we're five days away from December, and it's 50º F at eight o'clock in the morning - more than twenty degrees above average. I'm pawsitive that I'll take this over our 'normal' weather any time! A good day to spend in the woods - though that's true of almost every day.

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After checking out every sofa at every furniture store in a 35 mile radius, we finally bought one. Would't you know it was the first one we looked at a month ago! :lol:
We got a good deal ordering it on black friday and saved $400. It's not the prettiest, but it is sooo comfy! It felt like it was made just for me. I can't wait for delivery!

Status
Not open for further replies.