The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful, by whatever name! View attachment 233988
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - They surely are. I had to prune a sucker five years ago. It rooted with no trouble, and the new tree - now five feet tall - is already blooming out back.

The spreading old Chestnut tree up front is blooming as well, and the Lilac 'hedge' behind it still has flowers. The shot from the patio:

chestnutback.jpg

The temperature here has just touched ninety degrees, and I'm about to start doing a rain dance.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a hot weekend, but pretty relaxing. Just what I needed to get over this cold and mentally prep for my last two weeks of students. And getting to spend some extra time with Lelia is always a plus!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello! I love three-day weekends. Sometimes it seems that two-day weekends are all filled up with chores and errands. It's good to have a third day to decompress, and to spend time with the husband. Milly had a blast today too! Play, play, play!
:bigeyes: :dizzycat:

DH and I took some pictures while on our outdoor Walkies this morning :) :daisy: :walk:

MillysNeighborhood-28MAY2018-a.jpg

MillysNeighborhood-28MAY2018-b.jpg

MillysNeighborhood-28MAY2018-c.jpg

MillysNeighborhood-28MAY2018-d.jpg

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Three pairs of long-term (7 months to one year) feline shelter residents are going to new homes this week! :clapcat: One pair is in their mid-teens, so we'd pretty much expected them to live out the rest of their time at the shelter.

It's not only terrific that they've found homes, but it makes room at the shelter for kittens.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari , Speedy and I are hoping you feel better very soon.:daisy:

jcat jcat , that is wonderful news about the long-term cats now going to their homes, especially the teens! I am so happy for these kitties.

Lots of feathered visitors today and a pretty chipmunk. This week some new visitors are finches and I thought I saw a hummingbird come for a split second to the feeder.

The most recent photo posts are so enjoyable 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws ! Thank you for sharing these with us!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi everyone! So the hummingbirds don't seem to be coming by very often. I don't know if that's because the bully goldfinches have terrorized them right out of the neighborhood, or hopefully this year they're getting such quantities of bug protein they aren't requiring sugar water as much.
I have some landscaping material attached to a section of fence for visual protection so that the dog on the other side doesn't lose its tiny mind by seeing poppy-cat.
This year a squirrel family decided the pine trees have been presented as arboritorial debutantes. Watching the mom is irritating, funny and interesting as she works to enhance her nest with an amazing array of material, which includes the process of gradually destroying the landscaping cloth as she moves it mouthful by mouthful up the tree.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws Ain't it the truth! Your pix are beautiful, most of all the SNAIL. We used to have them here but I have not seen one or any evidence of one since moving back down here.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Beautiful! Are the blooms fragrant?
segelkatt segelkatt What an intense blue! Beautiful!
Enjoying the morning work with my sweet tortoiseshell laptop. Elvis is barbering his tail again, and puking afterwards. Silly boy cat.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone had a lovely long weekend. I know it was a bank holiday monday in the UK, so it wasn't just the US that had a long weekend.

I went to the beach Saturday. The air was warm, but the ocean was still 53 degrees. However, I did go in all the way, so now I can claim to have been in the Atlantic ocean in the northeast in May. Not exactly a polar bear activity, but I'm getting there.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Beautiful! Are the blooms fragrant?
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Yep - and an excellent hummingbird attractant judging from the view through the office window; there are two Ruby Throateds sipping nectar through their straw-like beaks right now.

The weathermen (not these guys:

upload_2018-5-29_14-51-17.png

of course) are claiming we'll see five days of rain beginning tomorrow! Could it be true? Only time and the rain gauge will tell.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Yep - and an excellent hummingbird attractant judging from the view through the office window; there are two Ruby Throateds sipping nectar through their straw-like beaks right now.

The weathermen (not these guys:

View attachment 234121

of course) are claiming we'll see five days of rain beginning tomorrow! Could it be true? Only time and the rain gauge will tell.
We'd settle for just two. Or even one!
Kinoko-chan's tree must be drawing the h-birds who lived on their land (and let us occupy it, magnanimously) and had aerial dogfights near the h-bird feeder we maintained for them. It was bought and planted in 2005, so it's undoubtedly a beautiful big tree by now.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We'd settle for just two. Or even one!
Kinoko-chan's tree must be drawing the h-birds who lived on their land (and let us occupy it, magnanimously) and had aerial dogfights near the h-bird feeder we maintained for them. It was bought and planted in 2005, so it's undoubtedly a beautiful big tree by now.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - No doubt; they're extremely fast-growing.

My neighbour put up one hummingbird feeder last Summer; now, because of those aerial dogfights, he has four of the two-tiered feeders scattered around the back yard, in addition to Oriole (orange) feeders and his regular tray feeders. If the neighbour on the other side wasn't such a twit, we could have the Bird Market cornered here!

Incidental to that, I thought I heard someone shooting a machine gun out back today - the Pileated Woodpeckers have returned.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart - I'm feeling much better. Just needed the rest. Now Lelia and I are watching last night's Ninja vs Ninja.
20180529_163830.jpg

It always amuses me that she has a favorite show.

We looked at the flowers in front of the school today and did scientific drawings of them. I snapped some pictures for reference. I figured since you guys seem to like nature I'd share.
20180529_104524.jpg

20180529_104637.jpg

20180529_104651.jpg

20180529_104618.jpg

20180529_104608.jpg

20180529_104529.jpg

20180529_104603.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart - I'm feeling much better. Just needed the rest. Now Lelia and I are watching last night's Ninja vs Ninja.
View attachment 234146

It always amuses me that she has a favorite show.

We looked at the flowers in front of the school today and did scientific drawings of them. I snapped some pictures for reference. I figured since you guys seem to like nature I'd share.
View attachment 234148
View attachment 234149
View attachment 234150
View attachment 234151
View attachment 234152
View attachment 234153
View attachment 234154
Lari Lari - Lovely shots. Yep - it seems that cats, Nature and the garden very often go hand in hand.

Here's my little view at lunch time - one of the original Irises in the ivy bed at the north side of the house which was here fifteen years ago when I bought the place. Despite their protected situation (i.e. almost full morning and early afternoon shade) these old troupers continue to perform year after year, with no intercession whatsoever.

irisivybed.jpg

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Today at work was a very productive day and it is nice to relax at home with the kitties as it was one of those very long days as well. It is a nice day outside so I let Taz and Zoe out when I got home. Zoe had her, I want out or else, look on her face so it was set laptop bag down and out they go which means out I go. So I picked something for the "still not the correct black cat" photo.

IMG_1034.JPG

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - No doubt; they're extremely fast-growing.

My neighbour put up one hummingbird feeder last Summer; now, because of those aerial dogfights, he has four of the two-tiered feeders scattered around the back yard, in addition to Oriole (orange) feeders and his regular tray feeders. If the neighbour on the other side wasn't such a twit, we could have the Bird Market cornered here!

Incidental to that, I thought I heard someone shooting a machine gun out back today - the Pileated Woodpeckers have returned.
We had some sort of woodpeckers in the Mojave, too, and the first time I heard them, I couldn't imagine what that could be making all that noise. Between the goons across the road shooting blanks as part of their horse riding routine, and the exploding seedpods from the Desert Birds of Paradise that sounded like someone letting off a bb gun, there was never a dull moment! *Oh, and I almost forgot the coyote packs roaming the roads in the middle of the night, making their infernal racket. They'd set all the dogs people had off, and it would be a canine nightmare.* Oh, and I also almost forgot our flock. Two roosters, about 34 hens when we first moved there. In summer, all night long, *Rrr-rrrrr-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-rrrrrrrrrrrrrr-RRRRRRRRRR!* and cackling in the morning and at any time during the day, when someone laid an egg. No sound effects needed!

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, you hummy folks, I'm totally green (shimmery) green I tell ya, with envy!!
My positive? Once again the phenomenal people on this site, --wow. Just wow, the knowledge, experience, and helping panicked and lost cat owners find some info and even a little calm in the midst of their storms of trouble. Incredible.
Also, I hope @weebeasties doesn't mind but if you need an honest to goodness feel-good story to truly brighten your day take a look at weebeasties latest thread. Speaking of an amazing and positive wow, this is one for the books.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari , I love to see Lelia watch TV. She is adorable! She may be the most attentive cat I have ever seen watching television and she certainly makes me smile.

The Beauty Bush is in bloom in front of my yard and just in time for my Late Father's Birthday tomorrow! He planted it many years ago! Here is a view -
View attachment 234196 View attachment 234197
What a beautiful plant, R raysmyheart , and that's so nice. I always mark when different plants my folks planted bloom, too -- even though they don't always coincide with anniversaries, I'm always reminded of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.