The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine My three C's would be Cats, Cottage and Computers. And if there was a fourth it would likely be Cat Chairs:)

ZoeOnCurveChair.JPG

Zoe won't be seeing that chair again for a year or so. I have been looking at VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) testers but they aren't cheap. My cats mean the world to me so I am sure I will get my hands on one soon.

Nice to see all the flower and plant photos. The flowers at my house are slowly working their way out after a long drawn out spring.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@segelkatt I respect your feelings, of course! But in reality, I'm thinking dogs -- especially the molosser types including the pitbulls, maim and kill far more people as well as other living beings than snakes, in the US at least. Snakes are pretty good animals, actually -- you leave them alone (which also means looking out for them) and they'll leave you alone. I'm not cuddly with Mojave greens or sidewinders either, but I'd trust them a lot sooner than I would any pitbull. Just sayin'.
Shane Kent Shane Kent That's quite a nice cat in quite a nice cat chair! Good luck with the VOC testers.
We all love the flower and plant pix -- I'm thinking this might unoffically be The Cat And Plant Site, amirite?
And well, because this is the PAWSitive thread:
IMG_0276.JPG

*Angels Samuda and Sishya in the Mojave*
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine TYSM to you and everyone admiring our calico queen angel. I'm pretty sure there ARE photos of her on that site. :heartshape:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - What a lovely photo of Maryam; this really should be where everyone can see it:

Cats and sinks?

When I lived in the city, the house had a big old copper-roofed tower. One evening I noticed something sticky on the ceiling in the library, and of course, it turned out to be honey. Took me two days to locate a beekeeper willing to come out and capture Queen and colony rather than killing them. Bee Boxes! Who knew?

Here's the wrap-around of the shaped bed where the Night Sky Petunias will be going:

View attachment 234446

The six by ten foot flag? Well, the front screen door is beginning to fade a little; it hasn't been painted in fifteen years. I have too many Summer projects going, and it can wait until Autumn, so the solution was, "put up a bigger flag." Works like a lazy man's charm!

Last night, at the front of the naturalised border which forms the divider between lawn and woods (my neighbour calls it, "the sloppy area," but it serves to conceal and to house lots of little animals, and becomes Ground Zero for Fireflies in mid-Summer):

View attachment 234469 .
The Sloppy Area

the Hesperus were beginning to take on some colour. These lovely cruciform, cruciferous crusaders (they are four-petalled, related to cabbage, and multiply like weeds) spread across the high bank in June and July, almost obscuring the deer trail which follows the ridge line:

View attachment 234471

Whaddya gotta do for these smashing spikes of colour? Nothing. Nada. Zip. They'll grow in acid or alkaline; wet or dry; sun or shade. They keep coming back year after year just like an evil Snowshoe bad penny. They were here when I bought the place, and will doubtless be here long after I'm gone.

Edit:

@segelkatt - Aspisviper oder Kreuzotter?
I always wondered what those plants are 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . By work there's an entire field of these growing and each year I swear I will dig some up. If its cloudy tomorrow I know wherre to plant 3 bunches of these at work. Many years ago I planted blazing glory under the mailbox and some ground cover. The ground cover has died. The glory is still there. It needs something in the bare spot...so that will be something I plant for them and bring some home for the woods out back. Lots of greenery but not much flowering species. Gonna change that.

I am envious of your big petunia bed! I can't wait to see how it comes out.

This morning I was almost carried away by mosquitoes as I tried to water some of my plants. Today they are curling up again. Gonna be put there watering as soon as sun sets. Its 82 and humid. I get too ill from the heat so inside I sit waiting for 7pm so I can water the poor false sunflowers.

It's unruly but if it cools down I will straighten it out.
20180531_170548.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, there's more Ninja Warrior from yesterday on demand (the official season as opposed to Ninja vs Ninja)! Lelia is happy and surely will forgive me for kicking her out of her bathtub to take a shower. We won't get to watch all two hours tonight, but we can enjoy it in bits.

My bf's niece graduated from 8th grade today, and after a dinner with everyone, most of us watched it on a youtube livestream! I guess that's one way to let more people watch when you have limited seats!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A301DA2C-9636-4587-8D62-6EA1877C249B.jpeg
The sun came out today! Yay! Hot and beautiful but I didn’t see a single snake. Lots of tree frogs though. I just love those little guys. They can really sing. With hundreds of them in the wetlands here it is an awesome sound. Every so often the deep voice of a bullfrog chimes in to finish off the chorus. I expect the tadpoles will soon be swimming.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I can tell it's been a busy few days when I come back to this thread and there are three whole pages of posts since my last one.

Lovely flower and garden pictures. I have to admit I'm a bit of a snake fan too, they have such interesting markings.

Today was my day off. Yes, I finally got a day off!!!

:bunnydance:

I went to the nearest beach, which is really more of a port but it has a nice park and pine forest next to it. Did about 30 minutes litter picking, strolled along the shore, collected a big bag of pebbles for painting and did some yoga in a nice shady spot I found. What a great day!

DDBE3601.JPEG
FNDS5322.jpg
SJYG9613.jpg
GHQO3810.jpg
STFG3295.jpg

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
"Spring break", a.k.a. the Whitsun/Pentecost school holiday, ends today, so people are picking up the boarders at the shelter. The past two weeks have been murder. Maybe next week will be a quiet one. All six cats that were adopted plus a bunny are in their new homes.

Kitten season is well underway!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird what a cute little guy -- thanks for sharing him (or her?) with us!
Norachan Norachan your hydrangea pic brings back memories of my mom putting nails in the soil around ours -- she said they helped make the flowers bluer.
jcat jcat Great news about the cats and bunny! May they all have wonderful loving permanent homes. That would be so PAWSitive! :yess:

gareth

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 15 month old Daughter Arienne just said her first word.

It was "Mama"

she was looking at, and reaching for the cat Loki at the time. I haven't stopped laughing for the last 30 minutes.

Arienne and Mama

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 15 month old Daughter Arienne just said her first word. It was "Mama" she was looking at, and reaching for the cat Loki at the time. I haven't stopped laughing for the last 30 minutes.
gareth gareth - I hope you corrected her. Loki is, "Dada" - Mia is "Mama!"

;)

The weather forecast for the weekend has two lovely looking yellow dots on Saturday and Sunday:) Hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Keep those yellow dots to yourself! Here the forecast is much nicer:

upload_2018-6-1_13-30-37.png

Two days of rain would be much appreciated here; the last few days' unreasonably unseasonably warm temperatures have begun to take the neon glow off the lawn.

;)

The cats seem to love this weather, however; the windowsills are jammed with kitties, watching the wildlife in the gardens around the house, or lazing in sun-washed spots throughout the house.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a cute froggie, Jcatbird Jcatbird ! Norachan Norachan , forgive my poor geography - are you at the sea of Japan? How cold is the water? Was anyone swimming?
I used to live on the Japan Sea coast, but now I live on the other side of the country. The closest ocean is the Pacific. It's warm enough for paddling but no one swims there. There are big ships coming in and out of the port all the time, I guess the water isn't really clean enough for swimming.

It was "Mama"

she was looking at, and reaching for the cat Loki at the time.
Congratulations! Another cat lady in the family.

My parents used to have a little tuxedo called Dusty who acted as a baby monitor when I was first born. As soon as I woke up she'd dash into my their room and start mewing.

:clapcat:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It was "Mama"

she was looking at, and reaching for the cat Loki at the time. I haven't stopped laughing for the last 30 minutes.

Arienne and Mama

gareth gareth , this is simply Wonderful!

I am just seeing that I missed National Donut Day, but maybe I can still celebrate by enjoying my favorite donut this weekend, lemon-filled! Thank you PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws !

Shane Kent Shane Kent , it was very humid here today, too! The first very humid day we have had this season. I'm glad I don't mind the heat.

Have a great day or evening, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.