Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Ditto to all said above tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06

I didn't get outside yet. Been enjoying some lifetime movies while Jon snoozes. Honeybee has been in and out of the house a few times. I stepped outside and was shocked how cold it is at 56! Think I will deal with the plants tomorrow! Because Sundays are for being lazy right? No rain today but we did get rain last night!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am enjoying here, the beautiful plants posted by all.

Is anyone like me and love the foliage of a plant more than the flower? Don't get me wrong, I love the flower, but I am crazy about the leaves! Maybe because green has always been my favorite color. Maybe it is because leaves are an instant identifier. I love to look at greenery and see surprise patterns and shapes, like hearts and starbursts. Honest. Okay, I'm getting a bit sentimental about foliage.:)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , after you mentioned about "pollen legs" on the bees, I've done some searches and have learned that it is quite an affair how the bees will store pollen on their tibias, I think, or pouches on them! Pretty amazing stuff -
20180525_190345-1-1.jpg

Norachan Norachan , Speedy and Marianne would like to wish you -

A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Here is Speedy, wishing her best -
20180510_142432-1.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am enjoying here, the beautiful plants posted by all.

Is anyone like me and love the foliage of a plant more than the flower? Don't get me wrong, I love the flower, but I am crazy about the leaves! Maybe because green has always been my favorite color. Maybe it is because leaves are an instant identifier. I love to look at greenery and see surprise patterns and shapes, like hearts and starbursts. Honest. Okay, I'm getting a bit sentimental about foliage.:)

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , after you mentioned about "pollen legs" on the bees, I've done some searches and have learned that it is quite an affair how the bees will store pollen on their tibias, I think, or pouches on them! Pretty amazing stuff -
View attachment 233815

Norachan Norachan , Speedy and Marianne would like to wish you -

A VERY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Here is Speedy, wishing her best -
View attachment 233816
Yes, bees are hard workers and we all owe them our lives, literally! Without bees, there would not be a lot of the foods we eat, use, and love. I'm always excited when I see bees in our yard, and I never use any kind of poisons, insecticides or "pesticides".

I like foliage as well, and I'd say it's about equal between leaves and flowers. Green is my favorite color, along with brown, after all ;)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because of a day off today, I took advantage of the time to watch Easter Parade starring Fred Astaire, Judy Garland and Ann Miller. I love older musicals. It was a good thing to choose as I wanted to relax and I am a fan of Fred and Judy.

Today was cold here! This is after the past two days being high 80'sF, almost 90F. It drizzled all day, so I think my new grass poking through the soil may be happy.:daisy:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I designated this afternoon as being "off". I gathered my kindle, laptop and a beverage. I put my cell phone on "Do Not Disturb." Grabbed the TV remotes. Changed into cotton athletic pants. And shut my bedroom door. For hours. DH was in charge of the kids and their dinner. I read and I napped and that's about it. It felt SO good. I didn't even open my laptop or turn the TV on. The quiet in my bedroom was enough.
:cloud9:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I designated this afternoon as being "off". I gathered my kindle, laptop and a beverage. I put my cell phone on "Do Not Disturb." Grabbed the TV remotes. Changed into cotton athletic pants. And shut my bedroom door. For hours. DH was in charge of the kids and their dinner. I read and I napped and that's about it. It felt SO good. I didn't even open my laptop or turn the TV on. The quiet in my bedroom was enough.
That sounds so pawsitive, MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles ... I think I'm going to follow your good example and do some reading and napping in the hammock.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles That sounds so good! I wish I had more time for naps and reading.

I didn't get a day off this month, but I have June 1st off. I wanted to go horse riding but they're fully booked that day. I'm going for a drive to the coast instead. Walk along the shore, collect some more pebbles to paint and have a nice lunch somewhere.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
All the rain and extremely warm temps made everything bloom from lilac bushes to peonies to recently planted annuals. I've been spying on a robin's nest neatly tucked away where the soffit meets the downspout of my neighbor's house. So far no fledglings. Mother Nature has certainly been busy. ;)

Norachan Norachan A very Happy Belated 5th Anniversary on TCS! :bouquet:

Last edited:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - A belated Happy 5th :) I have amassed a kitty collection in search of the perfect black cat. Added another kitty bank, a beautiful pink iridescent cat and a small bronze cat this weekend. Still have not found the appropriate sized black cat. I would go to a local pottery store and have one made but I am enjoying the search.

It was nice that Mother Nature decided to ignore the predicted weather of rain Saturday and Sunday, replacing it with rain late Sunday. I managed to get a lot of yard work done.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles That sounds so good! I wish I had more time for naps and reading.

I didn't get a day off this month, but I have June 1st off. I wanted to go horse riding but they're fully booked that day. I'm going for a drive to the coast instead. Walk along the shore, collect some more pebbles to paint and have a nice lunch somewhere.

I didn't so much HAVE time as I TOOK time. :agree: A walk on the shore is a great way to recharge too. I hope to do some of that when DH has vacation this summer. I like to go later in the day when the sun isn't as hot and the beaches aren't as crowded.

Our weather has cleared enough that I get to go weed my gardens while DH take the kids fishing and kayaking for the afternoon. It's cloudy and cool today too. I'd much rather weed in this kind of weather than the super humidity we had recently. :agree:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
segelkatt segelkatt - I'm always glad to help out - and I have something that's over a hundred degrees - 101.5º to be precise. Just let me stuff this Snowshoe into a box, and find some stamps!

;)
Thank you but I don't think my resident cats would appreciate another resident. Not only that, but both Panthera who weighs 20 lbs and the giant Chamouti would make hash out of a Snowshoe.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been spying on a robin's nest neatly tucked away where the soffit meets the downspout of my neighbor's house. So far no fledglings. Mother Nature has certainly been busy. ;)

Norachan Norachan A very Happy Belated 5th Anniversary on TCS! :bouquet:
neely neely - You're a birdspy!

;)

I spied on the swans today as I sat on the beach doing absolutely nothing of value like string-trimming relaxing, and hoping someone would glide within range. After twenty minutes of concentrated effort of doing absolutely nothing of value like string-trimming swan-watching, this fellow was finally close enough for an eye-level shot at about fifty yards.

swanmay28.jpg

The weather's warm enough here to envy the swans!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, how about that, somebody else with a Golden Chain tree - my neighbor planted four, then moved, they then got no love, two died and I think the third one got run over by an idiot that was supposed to only till the yard , BUT one survived and is gorgeous this year!!

Lots of positives; getting warm greetings from the cat, providing food and treats that the cat is eating (whew, always an enormous positive), and being an only partially functional trampoline for the cat was absolutely hilarious - oh how I wish there'd been someone home to get a photo of a 14 pound cat sitting on my back as I'm bent over folding laundry.

EDIT - that's a pretty darn good nothing of value result LOL

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Great photo. "Golden Rain," and, "Golden Chain," are the two common names by which Laburnum are known. They're wonderful garden accents, aren't they?
Ah, so it's the same tree, or two different kinds? They look very similar in the photos. Mine was the memorial tree for our beloved Kinoko-chan, in the Mojave.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laburnum caramanicum
Ah, so it's the same tree, or two different kinds? They look very similar in the photos. Mine was the memorial tree for our beloved Kinoko-chan, in the Mojave.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - There are actually two genera - 'Common' and 'Alpine' but "Rain" and "Chain" are used interchangeably for the Common Laburnum, usually by locale:

"the common laburnum, golden chain or golden rain" - Google Search

There's a third genus - Laburnum caramanicum - but it's no longer recognised as such (it's now Podocytisus caramanicus), despite also being in the Pea family.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.