The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom - Well, at least we all know it's not Bob.

Ahhh... the lawn's mowed, save for a bit of clean-up tomorrow, and a lovely day it was out there. Tomorrow's the big Memorial Day classic car cruise at the beach, and while it doesn't draw the sheer numbers that the Summer show does, there are still usually between 1200 and 1300 classics parked overlooking the lake - a good excuse to get outside and enjoy the area's seven days of Summer weather.

"olcott beach" over 1000 cars - Google Search

It is supposed to rain all weekend here. Arg, I am not sure what that means but it is how I feel. It is like I am living in British Columbia on the edge of a never ending drop wet stuff on you. I think Ontario is going back to the days of beavers the weight of a small car. Seriously they used to be huge.

The pawsitive is that it would be rather cool to see a huge beaver I see them at the cottage all the time. Mind you I might be on a raft:)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Bob Vila?

Aw, wish I could be there, but right before the Sturgis (South Dakota) bike rally in August there's quite an antique car gathering :D just right up the road from me, ….so to speak...

makes for interesting interstate driving when you're seeing 30 - 35 motorcycles in a pack rolling down the highway :cool2:

This isn't quite exactly what you meant, but -
Canadian beavers build world's largest dam

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is supposed to rain all weekend here. Arg, I am not sure what that means but it is how I feel. It is like I am living in British Columbia on the edge of a never ending drop wet stuff on you. I think Ontario is going back to the days of beavers the weight of a small car. Seriously they used to be huge.

The pawsitive is that it would be rather cool to see a huge beaver I see them at the cottage all the time. Mind you I might be on a raft:)

Shane Kent Shane Kent - They grow throughout their Life; I think that Bob might be a beaver.

We have a lodge here about half a mile from the landing on my beach. No need to a dam, thanks to the ridiculously high lake levels these last two years - the Aspens in the flats heading into Lake Ontario are perpetually flooded now, affording the beavers free food. It's New York State - I wonder if they get free college too?

Aw, wish I could be there, but right before the Sturgis (South Dakota) bike rally in August there's quite an antique car gathering :D just right up the road from me, ….so to speak...
Furballsmom Furballsmom - It takes between seven and eight minutes to walk to Krull Park from the house - or an hour if one of the neighbours is out in their front garden and wants to chit-chat.

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom - Well, at least we all know it's not Bob.

Ahhh... the lawn's mowed, save for a bit of clean-up tomorrow, and a lovely day it was out there. Tomorrow's the big Memorial Day classic car cruise at the beach, and while it doesn't draw the sheer numbers that the Summer show does, there are still usually between 1200 and 1300 classics parked overlooking the lake - a good excuse to get outside and enjoy the area's seven days of Summer weather.

"olcott beach" over 1000 cars - Google Search
Oh, my bad. I thought you were talking about a "Classic CAT Cruise". You know, a long line of Classic tabbies, revving up their motors...*oh, silly girl.*:crackup:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
:lol:
both of you, too funny tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and@1catovertheline!
My positive is that although it is quite hot and will be tomorrow, and I have a cat that doesn't understand that although it's nice INSIDE the house it is much too hot for any cat never mind a black cat, I have nice plans for the weekend including :drinking: and relaxing and good food.
:beerchug:

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, my bad. I thought you were talking about a "Classic CAT Cruise". You know, a long line of Classic tabbies, revving up their motors...*oh, silly girl.*:crackup:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - A whole bunch of classic kitties, all in the same place, and all purring? I wouldn't even have to get out of my chair to see that show.

;)

:lol:
both of you, too funny tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 and@1catovertheline!
My positive is that although it is quite hot and will be tomorrow, and I have a cat that doesn't understand that although it's nice INSIDE the house it is much too hot for any cat never mind a black cat, I have nice plans for the weekend including :drinking: and relaxing and good food.
:beerchug:
Furballsmom Furballsmom - I'm way ahead of you - I cleaned the grill tonight.

Despite the unseasonably warm afternoon, the lake has succeeded in helping the day to finish quite comfortably; it's 68º here currently, and headed back down to 60º in the wee hours. A fit night for watching the stars from the patio.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you to everyone who sent Marley Birthday Wishes. I think he must have been partying like a rock star last night, he's very sleepy today.

That Asiatic Silver Lion has been spotted again. This cat tree is usually Marley's perch, but if Marley's going to sleep all day Forest is going to sit there.

ForestCat116.jpg
ForestCat115.jpg
ForestCat119.jpg

Shane Kent Shane Kent You must have a fantastic collection of cat statues by now. Still searching for that perfect one though?

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Thank you! Rocks make the best garden ornaments. Impossible to kill, sturdy and hard wearing. They make great missiles too.

@Brian007 That's so pretty! I actually thought the grotty window was one of those textured mirrors, it made the reflections even better.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Thank you! Rocks make the best garden ornaments. Impossible to kill, sturdy and hard wearing. They make great missiles too.
Norachan Norachan - Sorry, but the word, "impossible," here is simply inaccurate. If I gave Moo Shu two rocks, inside of a minute, she'd break one and lose the other.

Moments before two in the morning here, and the night is calm and still, with the moon bright, shining over all. If it's dark where you are, go outside - if only for a few moments - and look up. It will change your perspective just a little.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom - Great garden images! I really enjoy Alliums, and this one (Allium hollandicum?) is just sensational for colour saturation.

The lawn finally resembles something other than a crazy quilt here, but sadly our forecast has now changed for tomorrow, with the rain out of the picture. Great news for the exhibitors at the classic car show at the beach, but not quite as great for the garden. I guess the game rain was called on account of... well... no rain.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom , I really am enjoying your flower photos, I am seeing some of my favorites here.:daisy:

The temperature reads 89F on my car just this past hour and it feels about right. I am very pleased with the warmth as I think it has caused the areas on the lawn I repaired with new grass to finally start showing tiny blades of green coming through the soil! Rain may come tomorrow and it will be cooler but the water should help the new grass.:tree::tree::tree:

Speedy and I have an adorable red squirrel that is visiting us right now and we are always glad to see red squirrels!

Have a wonderful day everyone! :purplebutterfly:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The temperature reads 89F on my car just this past hour and it feels about right. I am very pleased with the warmth as I think it has caused the areas on the lawn I repaired with new grass to finally start showing tiny blades of green coming through the soil! Rain may come tomorrow and it will be cooler but the water should help the new grass.:tree::tree::tree:

Speedy and I have an adorable red squirrel that is visiting us right now and we are always glad to see red squirrels!

Have a wonderful day everyone! :purplebutterfly:
R raysmyheart - Eighty degrees here, though thankfully coolers nights and days are in store again. The Golden Chain tree opened its first blooms today, with the promise of many many more in the next few days!

goldenchain.jpg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Will somebody please send some of that sunshine and heat to Southern California? We're freezing here (low 50, high 69) and haven't seen the sun in days. On the other hand it means I don't have to water my garden as it drizzles almost every night. Anytime I don't have to water is a good thing, we DO live in the desert here, people just seem to forget that.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will somebody please send some of that sunshine and heat to Southern California? We're freezing here (low 50, high 69) and haven't seen the sun in days. On the other hand it means I don't have to water my garden as it drizzles almost every night. Anytime I don't have to water is a good thing, we DO live in the desert here, people just seem to forget that.
segelkatt segelkatt - I'm always glad to help out - and I have something that's over a hundred degrees - 101.5º to be precise. Just let me stuff this Snowshoe into a box, and find some stamps!

;)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Happy Sunday everyone! Yesterday was yard sale day and go out for breakfast day. I found a pair of new mud muck boots for $5 insulated and fit good! Just in time for working in the wet grass!
20180526_184339.jpg

We went out for breakfast at this yummy place Benedict's. Omg they make the best food. Often busy and no parking so we park in parking lot down the road. It was worth the walk.

I took some flower pictures too last night while trying to keep up with the weeds.

20180526_191616.jpg
Columbine that I planted several years ago.

20180526_191449.jpg
Here's that night shade petunia I bought.
Its a deeper darker purple but this camera makes it look lighter.

The flowers that will be potted later this morning.
20180526_191426.jpg

I did buy a new plant yesterday. I have to go look up what it's called. I don't have it in front of me right now...and we might do a trade. Shes looking for red bee balm. I will have to see how much of it has come back.

Then we are going to lowes to get bark mulch. 5 bags for 10 is a steal. The back yard needs it badly.

Hope everyone has a great sunday!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've just noticed that today is my anniversary. 5 years on The Cat Site!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I should do something to celebrate. Another kitten perhaps.....

:think:
Norachan Norachan - Congratulations on your fifth year anniversary, however, I'd be remiss not to remind you that the traditional gift for the fifth anniversary is five new kittens.

Holy cats - if you're still here in five more years, you are gonna need a bigger boat Suicide Forest!

View attachment 233726
Here's that night shade petunia I bought.
Its a deeper darker purple but this camera makes it look lighter.
foxxycat foxxycat - Night Sky is just incredible! I haven't found it locally yet, but on the way back from the car show today, I'll take a look at the nursery on the lake - it's just too nice not to hunt down!

A little warmer than expected here today, but still very comfortable, at 71º with bright, sunny skies a slight breeze. Looks like a great day for a walk to the park!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat Nice boots -- kind of complimentary to your new blooms! My ex got me some military issue gumboots that fit over my shoes/boots for my journeys to and from the barn and chickens' yard. I've still got them because well, ya never know...
Happy 5th Anniversary, Norachan Norachan and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine is absolutely right. btw, your Silver Asiatic Lion is stunning.
R raysmyheart Yes, those guys have pollen-foot, bigtime! Beautiful flowers btw, and also yours, AbbysMom AbbysMom -- thanks for sharing with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.