The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
I extended my long weekend at the cottage and got home last night. The kitties are restless tonight. Was eventful, I lost some sleep because things move outside at night.:bliss:

Slender too little Kitty.
A2FF1767-16D0-42D1-A297-71D64DC9491D.jpeg

Still not the proper size kitty.
3EA11EB0-55DB-430E-B28C-4DE8C5CD9884.jpeg

But I did find her a proper sized friend.
A0F841C9-DC26-4D39-B733-C8ED608BB13F.jpeg

Hope everyone has a Furry Friendly Friday
:bouquet:

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I extended my long weekend at the cottage and got home last night. The kitties are restless tonight. Was eventful, I lost some sleep because things move outside at night.:bliss:

Slender too little Kitty.
View attachment 233331

Still not the proper size kitty.
View attachment 233332

But I did find her a proper sized friend.
View attachment 233334

Hope everyone has a Furry Friendly Friday
:bouquet:
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Proper sized Friend or not, this is NOT a cat; that's a mowess.

Did you get a glimpse of the bear thing moving outside in the night?

Just a smashing day here, with fair weather all the way. I mowed through two-thirds of the lawn, and could have finished, I think, had it not been litter box night.

Mama Fox and her Alpha kit were out rolling on the fresh-cut lawn at dusk, and she seemed much friendlier than she has since the kits were born. Alpha has a white tail tip, just like his Mom, but thankfully seems to have learned from Mama to give Humans a wide berth.

Kitties have twelve fresh boxes, trash and recycling are out at the curb, and the night air is sweet with the mixed scent of lilacs, Kerria, apple blossoms, flowering Almond, and newly-mown grass. A good night to relax on the patio, I think, and watch the smaller, richer world go by.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Brian007 Brian007 not so clashy, I see some violet color in both the rug and the cover, but I really like your idea/excuse/thought :tongue:.

@white shadow and also PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws I'm giving a shout out to you, (pushpurrcatpaws for not only 'creating' astoundingly gorgeous and winning cats but in addition) for being wonderfully techie types!! I'd never heard of the internet archive, AND neither had a very talented network engineer I know :biggrin:

Oh by the way, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I don't know about acidic soil but I do know that this year I have a lupine in the back yard that is a particularly strong, rich and deep purple color, really a standout. I've done nothing different. The white and purple lilac bushes were wonderful this year, but those have had wood ash worked into the soil each spring for the past couple of years.

So a couple days go by, I'm busy, on TCS, phone, errands etc, and I'm not seeing hummingbirds whenever I glance out the kitchen window at my feeders.
I'm all w-a-a-h :bawling2: where are they ?? (realizing full well that I probably just missed seeing them - they are so fast and don't spend a lot of time at the feeders).

Tonight I'm sitting out by my lilac bushes and :yess: . So, I guarantee even if you're familiar with the military you have NEVER undergone an inspection as intense as one by a hummingbird trying to determine if you are friend, foe or simply there. :cloud9:

Last edited:

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sitting in the morning sun in my east facing room, Parker is flonked out on the sunniest patch on the floor. I'm not normally up in time to see the rainbows cast upon my walls by my crystal suncatcher, they're really rather beautiful.

IMG_E2455.jpg IMG_E2434.jpg IMG_E2439.jpg IMG_E2438.jpg IMG_E2437.jpg IMG_E2448.jpg

Shame about the window grot but it's clean on the inside, promise.

Furballsmom Furballsmom you're right about the lilac stripe in the rug, I spotted it myself. But I can be a wee touch obsessive about colour and pattern matching. However, the lilac is coming out of its shell now, so it looks to be ok after all. Thanks, though, for your words of reason, they're always most appreciated.

I was so excited about the rug that I forgot that you must leave a gap between posting, and wanting to raise an extra few pence, I posted straight after my BBC extravaganza scene. Apologies to the moderator that had to join my two posts. It's been praying on my mind that I accidentally did the cause out of a donation, so I'm ever so pleased that the morning sun is so pawsitive today. It's given me reason.

And it's certainly charging Parker's batteries so I better expect the unexpected from him when he reaches full power. Dudley is taking things easy in the shade. No, wait, Dudley has just gone over to splatter Parker. Furfairies are dancing in the sunbeam.

:sunshine:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, wait, Dudley has just gone over to splatter Parker.
LOL, what fun!! Although perhaps not for Parker....?

I have columbine blooming!! Speaking of color, it's a very pale yellow - something a bit like Duchess Catherine's pale yellow outfit at the wedding that apparently some people thought was white (gasp, what was she THINKING??!!) :crackup:Honestly, it's amazing to me sometimes the things people take the time to complain about.

In any case, MY pale yellow flowers are completely lovely :bluebutterfly:

And by the way, you could suggest in a PM to Anne a 501C cat rescue organization that deals directly with cats. --Not that I want any competition for the one I suggested that is being considered for June :gift: :dance::musicnote:

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very glad it's Friday and there is a long weekend ahead. :woohoo:

Have you all seen these two neat stories this week, with the cool animal videos? (Be sure to watch the videos in each article after reading the stories!)

I found them on a site I like to check out daily, ScienceAlert-dot-com...

For this one scroll down the story a bit to find the full video:
Amazing Photos Have Captured The Moment an Eagle Swooped a Fox Clutching a Rabbit
(mild warning for 1catovertheline: a fox involved here but it survives to tell the tale!)

and this story too,
These Lynx Yelling at Each Other Sound Like People, And It's Hilarious

Have a good weekend!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Furballsmom Furballsmom The lupines grow best in poor soil-so don't do a thing to it-compost is fine but they tend to like the dirt on the side of the road-sandy with not much in it-I have no clue why but everything I read up on it states it likes poor soil best-I still compost every other year and they seem to like it-I also have pine needles in my gardens=maybe that helps? I do notice they don't always come up yearly-wonder if they are biyearly? I have this white lupine I got at a church plant sale in 2010 and it's only bloomed 3 times. I did see a pale yellow one at the nursery the other day but I know I have enough work on my hands for now.

Someone mentioned Night shade petunias=yes I would LOVE it if they made those tidal wave petunias=these are my alll time favorite=they grow 2 feet up and up to 4 feet out! I planted a bunch of them one summer and they engulfed that huge boulder covering it completely! Somewhere there's photos of it.. That year was before they made us pay for water so I was out there every night giving it a drink and some very mild mixture of fertilizer which I absolutely hate doing since it disrupts the earthworms etc but I only feed them once a week and only half of recommended amount. They seemed to do well! So this year let's pray the rain comes twice a week for a good 4 to 5 hours long-because it takes a good hour of rain to soak in an inch-the roots on these puppies goes down to about 8 to 10 inches! I just love flowers! I don't usually like greenery but I am starting to come around!

Yesterday was perfect warm spring day! It was 75 and I took a long bike ride-the same route as last week but a tad bit further and the lilacs!! omg! almost every house has lilacs growing! It was like riding through a flower bed farm! And the wood phlox is now blooming or is it a geranium?They grow in part shade with these lavender light purple blooms-I didn't get any photos as I was zooming by but I did get some of the lilacs which I will post soon!

I also found a house that's got stone walls and reminded me of someone else's house! There was this huge tree out front that I took pictures of as it just is so pretty! The train station is diagonally across the street from this house. I wish the big roads were further out so I could keep riding but I turned around and headed back towards the bike path further down the road.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine I am not sure what was outside but Rusty was running from window to window meowing. There is a woman that has a house along the road into the cottage, she has 4 or 5 cats. Some are indoor and some outdoor. I think it may have been one of her cats because Rusty kept running to me meowing as if to say "There is a cat out there daddy, go get it, go get the cat!". Unlike Zoe and Taz, Kitty and Rusty have no interest whatsoever to go outside. Being X-feral cats I can't say I blame them for preferring the easy life indoors.

Speaking of Kitty and Rusty, today is the end of what I am sure was their birth place. The big pile of rusty beams are leaving. It is where Rusty gets his name from.
KittyRustyBeams1.jpg

The following photo is from when they were still outside.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I also have pine needles in my gardens=maybe that helps?
Oh, now that you mention it, I do as well!
I'm having mine bloom every year, but that's not to say that maybe there are different types? They are wonderful plants. I have a couple of monster sized, very happy and extremely busy bumble-bees just a-working over the flowers.

I have enough work on my hands for now.
:yeah: isn't it the truth? I held off on some things as well.

I'm doing another happy dance :banana1: I've seen a hummingbird twice at my feeders this morning. Wouldn't it be interesting to know where they go?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I can't complain because I spent the first 35 or so years of my life being able to eat whatever I wanted and never gaining significant weight. But even when I was 18 years old & 95 pounds, I still didn't have a thigh gap. Belts were never a concern for me. :)
Congratulations, ileen ileen ! You made post #5000. Anne Anne will be in touch with you about your prize.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday to @Norachan 's beautiful boy, Marley!

Shane Kent Shane Kent - It's good to know yours were safe inside, no matter the "outside movement."

It's a perfect day here - perfect for finishing the lawn, and that's exactly what I have scheduled! Be safe out there, everyone - but do try to get outside if your weather's fair and fine!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am like that too. I have NO hips and my jeans don't need to be unzipped to come off. Belts. Belts are a good thing. ;)
Belts and drawstrings!! At least kids pants are made with adjustable waists. But it's not usually enough. Mine only ever slip in the back. :rolleyes:
Woohooo, thanks AbbysMom AbbysMom ! Who would have thought that my fat thighs would ever win me a prize? :lol:
:spew: :lol:

Congratulations!! :bunnydance:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great posts, everyone! and congratulations ileen ileen !
I read that used coffee grounds are great mulch, so that's what I've been doing with mine for the last couple of years or so.
Brian007 Brian007 , we have one of those crystal suncatchers as well, a gift from a friend in the UK! and yes, don't they make incredible rainbows?! I like to spin mine when the cats are in the master bedroom and let them enjoy the rainbows on the walls.
Shane Kent Shane Kent I love the slender little black cat! and the "medium sized" one as well. I have several white Persian type ceramics, most from when I was a small girl.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine WOW! What whirlwind blew through your place? Sounds like all is well!
...and lastly, I never knew a "thigh gap" was a thing that was to be sought after. You could drive a truck through mine. "Rexy legs" :sigh:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, and by the way foxxycat foxxycat , I REALLY love it when I can watch something grow without having to do anything LOL :thumbsup:

Furballsmom Furballsmom - "Weeds. Those things that grow without your having to do anything as called, "weeds."

It's incredibly warm here for May as I take a little lunch break. The outside temperature gauge in the tractor was reading 88º at about two o'clock - almost a heat wave here even in mid-August, and too warm for lunch al fresco. Sorry about that, Al.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL!
Heh, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine my oh my and lordy!! There's some little THING that is seriously trying to take over the old garden area this year. I washed and scrubbed and I still have dirt stains on my thumb from pulling massive quantities from around my (unmarked) carrots that --woohoo-- are just starting to come up :crazy:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's some little THING that is seriously trying to take over the old garden area this year.
Furballsmom Furballsmom - Well, at least we all know it's not Bob.

Ahhh... the lawn's mowed, save for a bit of clean-up tomorrow, and a lovely day it was out there. Tomorrow's the big Memorial Day classic car cruise at the beach, and while it doesn't draw the sheer numbers that the Summer show does, there are still usually between 1200 and 1300 classics parked overlooking the lake - a good excuse to get outside and enjoy the area's seven days of Summer weather.

"olcott beach" over 1000 cars - Google Search

Status
Not open for further replies.