The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I don't know anything about crepuscular, but it sounds terrible, in which case, I imagine it describes Moo Shu.

I'm not so much nocturnal as not allowed to sleep. As to the reason, see "crepuscular" above.

;)
*It is, it does, and "YES" on the above here, too. Sleep? What's that? When you have bedpartners, you don't sleep. When your bedpartners are cats, you're more comfortable than you are with humans, but still. Midnight ramblers all!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was rainy I did not get to setup my cameras. Karen left the cottage:( I took Tuesaday and Wednesday off and chilling with the kitties. Super Duper long weekend at the cottage with the kitties:) If Karen was here it would be Mega Pawsitive instead of just Pawsitive.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Sorry the rain befouled your plans. The storm's about halfway up Lake Erie, and still seems pretty slow-moving. Prepare to be inundated overnight.

Nothing like last night's sunset here, but still rather pretty in a soft, pastel sort of way. The crab apple's in full bloom, as are the purple lilacs at the far left edge here:

sunsetmay21.jpg

It's clear that the overnight rains have done their job, and by the time things dry out on Thursday afternoon, it will be time to give the lawn its second haircut of the season!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Sorry the rain befouled your plans. The storm's about halfway up Lake Erie, and still seems pretty slow-moving. Prepare to be inundated overnight.

Nothing like last night's sunset here, but still rather pretty in a soft, pastel sort of way. The crab apple's in full bloom, as are the purple lilacs at the far left edge here:

View attachment 232781
It's clear that the overnight rains have done their job, and by the time things dry out on Thursday afternoon, it will be time to give the lawn its second haircut of the season!
SO beautiful! That must be the happiest clowder on the planet. *Yes, even the dreaded Moo Shu Snowshoe.*

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had recently gone to the dentist and got a surprise. It seems that these days wisdom teeth are routinely removed and here I am at age 75 and I still have one which is in good shape so it stays in. On the other hand I had been cheated in the teeth department because I did not have permanent small molars which runs in the family and 2 of my children don't have them either. One of them held on to one baby small molar until he was 30 when it finally fell out which caused a gap as there was no permanent small molar under it. Over the years his teeth have moved just enough so that the gap is not noticeable. However, when he was about 15 a tooth bud was found in the roof of his mouth and as it was giving him trouble it had to be surgically removed.
This is basically the same issue I had/have; just not to that extent. I don't remember if I have 2 or 4 baby teeth that I retained because there was no adult tooth. The positive side? I didn't get my wisdom teeth so I've never had to worry about the issues people got with those. It's also a blessing because there is no more room in my jaw for more teeth. And I never needed braces. :D

My DD has actually lost her teeth early. She lost her first molar a full 2 years earlier than average. DS seems more on the average track. But it is a fun time in childhood. I like reliving these things with my kiddos. :agree:

My other big positive of the day? I was able to replace my favorite sheets with another pair of the exact same sheets. :banana1: :lol: I don't remember how long I've had them; at least 5 years if not 6. I wore a hole right through them near the foot of the bed. :dunno: They are the Threshold Performance sheets from Target and I LOVED the color so I was sad about it. But much to my surprise; they still carry them in the same shade of purple!! And they price matched to their own website so I got them 30% off!! :banana2: King size sheets aren't cheap and I try to get ones that feel nice. It's really pleasant to get into bed with comfortable sheets. We've had cheap ones before. It's really worth investing in comfy sheets! :2cents:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
It's a wonderful morning! Here's some flower pictures for all! I have been busy reading books lately so keep forgetting to update this thread but this morning I stopped and smelled the lilacs.

Lilacs classic kind
20180522_054729.jpg
20180522_054727.jpg

My red maple and creeping phlox
20180522_054713.jpg

Bought these flowers this week. Market Basket had some reasonable priced petunias then stopped at Stuarts on route 125 for unusual color. These are called queen of hearts petunias the red n yellow ones. I always enjoy planting some unusual colors.
20180522_054657.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a wonderful morning! Here's some flower pictures for all! I have been busy reading books lately so keep forgetting to update this thread but this morning I stopped and smelled the lilacs.

Lilacs classic kind
View attachment 232879
View attachment 232880

My red maple and creeping phlox
View attachment 232881
Bought these flowers this week. Market Basket had some reasonable priced petunias then stopped at Stuarts on route 125 for unusual color. These are called queen of hearts petunias the red n yellow ones. I always enjoy planting some unusual colors.
View attachment 232882

foxxycat foxxycat - I just love your yard; the Lilacs are fabulous, the Hosta under your Maple is getting huge, and Queen Of Hearts - wowzer - my favourite colour combination! This is what happens in Spring when the Northeast Corridor gets twice-weekly rainfall for six weeks! (Sorry tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - we just got lucky this Spring.)

Here's that 'Queen Of Hearts' colour combination in a new-to-me Tulip whose first open blooms appeared this morning:

tulipsnew.jpg

(Side note to neely neely - the cultivar is Giuseppe Verdi, but it doesn't come with a libretto.)

We had a little more than one inch of rain overnight and through this morning, and not even an hint of wind here. I don't think that my French Lilacs are anywhere near as full as yours are; I have to be more conscientious this year in pruning them to help them fill out. On a pawsitive note, however, this is the best my Crab Apple has looked since it was planted seven years ago!

yardsouthmay22.jpg

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are minutes away from getting rain! Which means time to plant my plants tonight after work! And gonna swing by that Stuarts place to buy another 4 pots of the Queen of hearts petunias just for you 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Plus another 6 pack of yellow petunias-those two colors look lovely together! It isn't my normal color combination. I usually plant deep purple tidal wave petunias or shock wave. The deepest darkest purple I can find. or the fuscia (sp) color hot pink.

Rain is a positive since my area water is super expensive and I have buckets all around the yard to collect rain water=which gets used for these lovely petunias!

Here's a pic of Pumpkin years ago in the garden around June/July. The deep purple Irisis were planted long before I purchased the home-and every summer I enjoy them more and more! The garden here is now a big mess of weeds which I plan on attacking this summer.
pumpy.jpg

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just love Pumpkin's coloring & color pattern. Do you have any shots of the belly?
I will have to see what I have-she doesn't usually lay on her back like Honeybee does-but I will get some! She has the whitest belly! and she lets you pet it! Unlike miss Claws Bee. Bee will just lick my hand and what's more positive than kitty licks?!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a pic of Pumpkin years ago in the garden around June/July. The deep purple Irisis were planted long before I purchased the home-and every summer I enjoy them more and more! The garden here is now a big mess of weeds which I plan on attacking this summer.
View attachment 232903
foxxycat foxxycat - This is so unfair; with Pumpkinface and Honeybee, you have masses of colour just walking around in your garden!

ileen ileen - There's a Pumpkinface belly in this thread:

Show Me Your Belly !!!

at Post #183:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Yeah - but with the dreaded Snowshoe around, sometimes I think about making clowder chowder.

;)

I'm gonna need a refrigerator box for those crabapples, kiddo.
Oh, no! Not clowder chowder! :angrycat:
I forsee a lot of happy birds there with all those crabapples?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehehe 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine that's Honeybee LOL. Not Pumpkin Face hehehe! But still a positive! A fuzzy belly is a positive!

Here's last night's fun! Pumpkin played power play and Bee refused to move..Honeybee was in Pumps spot on the couch..Pumps went and laid down right on Honeybee's feet-which bee looked at her like WHAT are YOU doing?!! So then I calmed her down and then she managed to crowd out Pumpkin...this went on for half an hour..

20180521_194228.jpg

Sorry not a Pumpkin belly=got to look around for a photo of it or take a new one tonight...

Last edited:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH bought me 2 lilac bushes for mother's day. We still need to get them in the ground. But I found the "Yankee Doodle" variety that looks so pretty!! I'd love a long hedge of them. Maybe we can add a traditional one or two someday too. Unfortunately I don't think they'll fit on the side of the house where I'd LOVE to block the view of the neighbor's place (that's literally falling apart). But I've got dreams!

My seeds are sprouting in the garden too. I need to get out there and put up the bunny fence. It's easier with an extra set of hands so hopefully DH will get home from work in time to help me. I need to put bird netting over the top too. So far they are leaving things alone. But I'm not risking it! ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
(Side note to neely neely - the cultivar is Giuseppe Verdi, but it doesn't come with a libretto.)
You mean IL Trovatore doesn't count? P.S. Coming to the Lyric just in time for Thanksgiving.:wink:

My pawsitive for today is "No Rain." It's been raining so much this month that I was late planting my flowers. We are close to breaking the record rain total for the month of May and since it's suppose to rain this weekend we might make it.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehehe 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine that's Honeybee LOL. Not Pumpkin Face hehehe! But still a positive! A fuzzy belly is a positive!

foxxycat foxxycat - I didn't realise that the two images in that post were separate URLs. Pumpkin Face's belly is there, however, at post 183, in the link above:

Show Me Your Belly !!!

I might not be that good with names, but I never forget a Pumpkin Face!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No beautiful purple flowers here
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Maybe not, but wonderful Columbines! Hey - I thought it was still January in your neck of the woods? Have you had the canoe in up at the cottage yet?

Part II of today's rain began a few minutes after foxes were fed, and has just ended. tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - type temperatures tonight; 56º F now, sliding down to near fifty overnight, followed by a western New York style heat wave, with temperatures in the high seventies the following days. Friday - eighty degrees! Shades of Apollo 13!

Status
Not open for further replies.