The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I use both ironite and urea; gets the lawn green fast, and keeps it green right into October. Until the lawn desperately needs cutting, I'm fortunate to live in the rain belt microclimate just south of the lake - more days of measurable precipitation than Portland, and nearly as much rainfall as Seattle. Our high Summer (July) average high is 79.9º F, with Summer lows in the fifties. If you can't maintain a lawn here, you must have a black thumb, because, as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh says, "The Grass Grows By Itself." Our snowfall is also three times the national average, so root beds are already deep under water by the first thaw.
Oh, he's definitely right about that! I'd prefer a xerigraphic setup and am on the list to get funded for that (our state has a program, which ran out of money, and I hear it's back up and running) but in the meantime, I wish the grass no good whatsoever. Most useless plant on the planet, unless it's a food-producing grass. The multitudinous dandelions provide lots of joy for bees, though, so I wish them well.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been noticing in the last few weeks, more and more birds coming to the birdfeeder! :daisy: This is wonderful! I am thinking that the birds are enjoying the food at the feeder and have told their friends about it, but mostly I think they are coming because they have made friends with Speedy, who patiently waits at the window for them. The beautiful, various birds are no doubt very happy to hear Speedy say "Hello, Friends, glad you are here today"!:daisy:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
It is 4:30AM the cats woke me at 2:00. At the cottage and the cats are rather excited. Taz caught a mouse and now they are playing with it. Poor mouse picked the wrong cottage to live in. Actually probably mice.

@Alejandra Rico - Wishing the best for you. Karen, the cats and I are all in your corner. Big hugs and kisses.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've never heard of these before. Is it just a pillowcase with a picture of the Tooth Fairy on it, or is there more to it than that?

Thank you. :blush: It is lovely here when the weather gets warmer.

My positive for the day is that I got all my goya plants in planters next to the nets I put up yesterday. I love goya. They smell beautiful, taste great and if they cover the nets I've put up for them will provide a nice bit of shade on the deck this summer.

Happy is very particular about inspecting the goya nets. She thought they needed to go up a bit higher, so I adjusted them just like she said.
View attachment 232285 View attachment 232286 View attachment 232287
My day has just been made by Happy Action Shots! What could be more uplifting than an uplifted Happy? :thumbsup:

:hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It is raining fiercely right now and a gloomy forecast is predicted for the remainder of the day. :storm: Sometimes I need this type of weather to give myself permission to sit back and relax. As it turns out, Carleton thinks so too. He is comfortably nestled beside me. :catlove:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have kids, but I'm going to jump in here. I think a tooth fairy pillow is a tiny pillow with a pocket a kid puts the lost tooth in so the tooth fairy can find it more easily at night & puts the reward back in the pocket.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I don't have kids, but I'm going to jump in here. I think a tooth fairy pillow is a tiny pillow with a pocket a kid puts the lost tooth in so the tooth fairy can find it more easily at night & puts the reward back in the pocket.
That's what I thought too --- oops, not enough words to qualify, now it's enough:p

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a difference a night makes. Woke up to my cereus having fully opened up. The last picture shows 2 more buds which will probably take a week before they are open.View attachment 232353 View attachment 232354 View attachment 232355 View attachment 232356
segelkatt segelkatt - This is absolutely amazing! I don't suppose it would do well in USDA Zone five, eh?

;)

ileen ileen - All this Tooth Fairy talk makes me a little bit sad. I remember the year that I learned that the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny weren't real.

:(

Despite the memories of that year, I still wouldn't mind being 37 again.

Mama Fox is still being very cautious with her babies. I caught her and the Alpha male kit last night from quite some distance off, but her other three were still hiding in the underbrush at the edge of the woods.

foxielasers.jpg

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Was rainy at the cottage this morning so we went into the thriving metropolis of Perth, Ontario. OK not a metropolis but a very quaint town:)

Karen and I went to the flea market I got chrome kitty at.
BlackCatAtTheCottage.jpg

Still not the black kitty I am looking for but I couldn't resist.

Hope everyone is having a Super Saturday.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I've never heard of these before. Is it just a pillowcase with a picture of the Tooth Fairy on it, or is there more to it than that?
@Norachan Both ileen ileen & segelkatt segelkatt are correct about the tooth fairy.
BTW, @MoochNNoodles, congrats to your DS on the arrival of the pillow. All this talk rekindled fond feelings about my daughters' tooth fairy pillow.

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Real or not, they live in our hearts. :redheartpump: Remember the song - fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you if you're young at heart?

Being the sentimental fool that I am I have saved their tooth fairy pillow and tucked it away.
Here is a pic I took of it for old times' sake.
tooth fairy pillow.jpg

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
segelkatt segelkatt - This is absolutely amazing! I don't suppose it would do well in USDA Zone five, eh?

;)

Don't know how cold it gets there. This is a cactus, the jungle kind, not the desert kind. I had sent a few cuttings to Margd who lives in Maryland a few years ago and it's growing well inside her home, she has no patio, balcony or even a front door that opens to the outside, so the plant stays inside all the time. It has grown to about 2 feet high next to a window and just now the first "leaf" has started to start to droop. I have only seen flowers on drooping "leaves" so it might take a bit longer before she gets flowers if any.
So if you are patient and possibly not get any flowers ever I would be happy to send you a few cuttings once the flowering is over as I will be pruning the plant then and those cutting will end up in the trash unless somebody wants them. You can send me a message to my inbox.

ileen ileen - All this Tooth Fairy talk makes me a little bit sad. I remember the year that I learned that the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny weren't real.

:(

Despite the memories of that year, I still wouldn't mind being 37 again.

Mama Fox is still being very cautious with her babies. I caught her and the Alpha male kit last night from quite some distance off, but her other three were still hiding in the underbrush at the edge of the woods.

View attachment 232582

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Real or not, they live in our hearts. :redheartpump: Remember the song - fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you if you're young at heart?

Being the sentimental fool that I am I have saved their tooth fairy pillow and tucked it away.
Here is a pic I took of it for old times' sake. View attachment 232592
"For it's hard, you will find,
To be narrow of mind
If you're young at heart."

Thanks for that, neely neely - I always imagine Jimmy Durante's version when I hear the lyrics, and yes, I remember... I remember it as though it were only sixty years ago yesterday.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking good, there, Shane Kent Shane Kent -- quite lovely comfy kitties! :thumbsup:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine One of my dearest online friends was an amazing guy who, among other things, had an intense presence on social media with friends all over the world, let us see his beautiful home, gardens (which were officially designated a wildlife-friendly habitat) and sweet cat via 3 webcams, and wrote a book about his life and his family. He would have been amazing at any age, but he lived to be 99 and shared all of this almost until he left us. He will always be a beloved inspiration to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.