The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm suffering from a case of Fresh Homegrown Vegetable Envy right now.
LOL :greenpaw::greenpaw::greenpaw: :sunshine:

Gracious SAKES that was a lot of toil and labor 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine

My positive is a new semi-healthy treat for The Finicky Feline, sent as a sample along with something else, that HE LIKES :clap2: . I feel as though I'm gradually finding more and more variety that's helping me offset some of those bad additives in the foods he absolutely won't get away from. :cheerleader:

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I meant to ask yesterday, is there anything in cornbread that cats shouldn't eat? I brought home a couple of cornbread muffins in a ziplock bag & Luciano had his head buried in my bag the moment I got home. He hardly ever expresses any interest in human food so I gave him a couple of crumbs and he licked them off my hand.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico I've been thinking about you, how are you?
Aw, I've been thinking about all of you too, but I am in some sort of crazy studying circle right now. The exams for being a state teacher are in a few weeks, so I am really bussy until the date arrives and may not be able to come here as often as I would like.

Thanks for the wonderful time I've spent with all of you, I hope I'll be able to be fully back here soon.

I love you all.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Lots of nice posts and lovely pictures on this thread again.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

It's been hot here today, it feels like it's almost summer. I woke up to bird song and cicada this morning. Here's a bit of film of the enclosure at around 8 am.

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, I've been thinking about all of you too, but I am in some sort of crazy studying circle right now. The exams for being a state teacher are in a few weeks, so I am really bussy until the date arrives and may not be able to come here as often as I would like.

Thanks for the wonderful time I've spent with all of you, I hope I'll be able to be fully back here soon.

I love you all.
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico - We'll still all be here on June 23rd, when your exams are over - just don't forget that we miss you!

Lots of nice posts and lovely pictures on this thread again.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

It's been hot here today, it feels like it's almost summer. I woke up to bird song and cicada this morning. Here's a bit of film of the enclosure at around 8 am.

Norachan Norachan - Absolutely fabulous video. In a short while, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 will be along to say, "I want your cats and your land," and I'll probably agree with her - you have twenty-two gorgeous kitties, and you truly do live in a magical place.

»-(¯`v´¯)׺°” кошечка!”°º×»-(¯`v´¯)-»​

Today's word is, "productive." Like the U.S. Army, I did more before noon than most people do before eight o'clock, and if I wasn't so darned old, I could actually remember what I did!

Crabapple and Lilacs blooming together today - and yet another brilliant day here!

crab.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine there is a similarity in your photo and video -- both are beautiful! 1Cat, that is an amazing transformation/amount of work/labor of love! I love the "before" and "after" pix. Interesting that you get high winds there. We did out in the Mojave, too -- in fact, the folks who built the house/sold us the place said the wind blew the roof off the 4-stall barn when they were there! We get some pretty high winds over here, too, actually.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
See? The whole reason 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine did all that work over these past years is so that WE all get to share in the results --WOW--!!

I'm taking advantage of my own yards' green-ness (Heh, I like inventing new words :jive:) and currently lovely day to put some more radish seeds in the ground. And, oh so very positive, a new food (for the cat, of course) was just delivered as I started typing this post.

It's on the $$$$$ scale (in other words, very expensive) so I'm guessing he'll hoover it up so fast it won't be on his plate for more than 2 seconds. :drinking:

However, since the opposite is just as likely, I'm REALLY glad this company allows for small quantity ordering - wish me luck :thumbsup: :musicnote:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan and 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Interesting that you get high winds there. We did out in the Mojave, too -- in fact, the folks who built the house/sold us the place said the wind blew the roof off the 4-stall barn when they were there! We get some pretty high winds over here, too, actually.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Open spaces and all that. Here, the three branches of the river all run down a pretty sharp gradient as Lake Erie finds it way into Lake Ontario, though the Main Branch and the East Branch much more sharply, below Niagara Falls and the hydroelectric dam respectively. The west wind blows pretty consistently across Lake Erie and the Great Lakes beyond, and pours down into the gorges, using the water as a springboard.

niagaramap3.jpg

By the time it climbs up the eastern slopes, it's moving like a cat after a bag of Temptations, and is usually blowing 10 - 15 miles an hour from the back yard to the front as a matter of course. In November, when the gales come up on the Great Lakes, the 50 - 60 mph winds translate to 75 mph and more on the eastern slopes - in the same way as the wind in the Mojave slides down one mountain range, across the Angeles Basin, and then up again, and across the Divide, to emerge as the first scene in The Wizard Of Oz. My little patch of woods is no match for the wind as a buffer zone, and consequently, I worry about "wind-hardiness" before "cold-hardiness" for trees and plant materials.

Edited to add, "rinky-dink," to, "hydro-electric dam."

dinky.jpg

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Well, we couldn't boast any big honkin' waterfalls OR rinky-dink dams out there, but we DID have the aquaduct which was pretty impressive for those of us who like to drink water and wash and irrigate (rather than irritate) our plants, and we also had photovoltaic farms for miles....and miles...and miles, which some folks think is great unless they happen to live in the dez. Which they happen to love. Anyway.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My DS's Tooth Fairy Pillow arrived today! I ordered it from a local Lavender farm. DD has a pink one and it smells amazing! His 2 bottom front teeth are loose and I can see more of one adult tooth every day. So I couldn't wait for a craft fair or famers market. I love their products! I keep one in the freezer for headaches. I need to get down there soon to buy a plant or 2 for my own yard. :cloud9:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My DS's Tooth Fairy Pillow arrived today!
I've never heard of these before. Is it just a pillowcase with a picture of the Tooth Fairy on it, or is there more to it than that?

In a short while, tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 will be along to say, "I want your cats and your land," and I'll probably agree with her - you have twenty-two gorgeous kitties, and you truly do live in a magical place.
Thank you. :blush: It is lovely here when the weather gets warmer.

My positive for the day is that I got all my goya plants in planters next to the nets I put up yesterday. I love goya. They smell beautiful, taste great and if they cover the nets I've put up for them will provide a nice bit of shade on the deck this summer.

Happy is very particular about inspecting the goya nets. She thought they needed to go up a bit higher, so I adjusted them just like she said.
Happy76.jpg
Happy77.jpg
Happy78.jpg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was a particularly bittersweet day for me. It was the 8th grade dance for our students at school. Working in special ed. at a middle school our students are in the program for three years and I become quite attached. It sunk in that they will be leaving but the pawsitive news is that they have matured so much and I know will be excited to enter high school in the fall.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan Cute climbers! *And of course 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine knows my evil intentions far too well* :insertevillaugh:
AmyTheKittyMommy AmyTheKittyMommy So cute! If you haven't been yet, check out catsinsinks.com (and you might want to post that pic of Percy there!)
It's a beautiful cool, cloudy day in the Basin. Watered the happy plants and 'nipped the happy cats.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a beautiful cool, cloudy day in the Basin. Watered the happy plants and 'nipped the happy cats.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Same weather here, with the exception of a two hour soaking rain here beginning around six in the morning. The combination of rain and the first application of iron to the lawn several days ago has worked its usual Spring magic, and despite the still-cloudy skies, the old place doesn't look quite as Winter-tired now:

lawnsouthwest.jpg

Blooming today, the flowering Quince, apparently very pleased with the extra water.

Norachan Norachan - Enough with the pretty kitties - even I want your cats!

;)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Same weather here, with the exception of a two hour soaking rain here beginning around six in the morning. The combination of rain and the first application of iron to the lawn several days ago has worked its usual Spring magic, and despite the still-cloudy skies, the old place doesn't look quite as Winter-tired now:

View attachment 232362

Blooming today, the flowering Quince, apparently very pleased with the extra water.

Norachan Norachan - Enough with the pretty kitties - even I want your cats!

;)
You must keep Krylon VERY happy with all the cases of Ultra Green you buy :crackup:for that greener-than-is-lawnly-possible grass! WOW. Some people say gazing at intense green improves your vision. Fortunately we all have this photo to gaze at ;)
I must admit I don't like grass lawns (for me. Not for other people. Yours is gorgeous.) and I totally neglect mine. I have sprinklers in the front, so the yard gets watered; not so in back. So the window of greenness is very short in drought-starved la-la land. But the trees and plants? They get watered. :D

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I use both ironite and urea; gets the lawn green fast, and keeps it green right into October. Until the lawn desperately needs cutting, I'm fortunate to live in the rain belt microclimate just south of the lake - more days of measurable precipitation than Portland, and nearly as much rainfall as Seattle. Our high Summer (July) average high is 79.9º F, with Summer lows in the fifties. If you can't maintain a lawn here, you must have a black thumb, because, as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh says, "The Grass Grows By Itself." Our snowfall is also three times the national average, so root beds are already deep under water by the first thaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.