The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Afternoon! Just a brilliant day here - perfect for finishing the lawn's first cut.

Last night, a lovely twilight, and perfect for sitting on the patio, enjoying a cigar, and watching these fellows perform their evening ballet (sorry neely neely - it's not a real ballet):

batsofmay.jpg

The fact is that if not for these Brown Bats, sitting on the patio would be almost impossible in mosquito time. Let's have a cheer for bats - defenders of the nighttime deck, patio and back yard everywhere!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bats are great. We wouldn't be alive without bats. Two locations ago, we used to watch them flying in and out of the attic windows of the big house up at the end of the cul-de-sac at dusk. One once flew into the chest of a guy I once knew when he was standing in the kitchen talking with me (that was another place entirely). Bats are really adorable.

Yes, Happy Mother's Day all! I miss mine very much and remember how happy she used to be with the big florist bouquets I'd get her.

Interesting video 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine -- I'm not really knowledgeable of a lot of domestic pop culture so this is my first hearing of them. Nice!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Norachan Norachan - He should be on the sofa in my front parlour.

;)
And Carpet should be on mine, I just go ga-ga every time @norachan posts pictures of her no matter which coat she wears at the time

Rained here from about five until just past seven o'clock this morning, and the whole world's green and fresh. Looks like things are drying out enough now to get a few hours in on the mower later this afternoon.

A walk down the bank revealed this fellow, just taking off from the island in search of brunch.

View attachment 231109

It appears that the Mute Swans and a Snowy Egret couple are sharing the island, with the Swans at the north side and the Egrets to the south. No wars, no border disputes, no angry words.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Luna, the young, extremely energetic, long-haired German Shepherd that was seized back in January has finally found a home! We're all thrilled, because it was beginning to look like nobody wanted such a hyper dog. She's very lovable, but exhausting, and wasn't doing well at the shelter. The people who took her have lots of experience with GSDs from shelters or rescues.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful weekend in the Ottawa area. Karen and I went to some church bazaars on Saturday. I got some more small knitted blankets for the cat furniture and Karen got some baked goods.

The flowers here are starting to pop out.
IMG_0808.JPG

Some little critter, or critters, ate the tops of Karen's tulips. We have squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits on the property so I am not certain which critter does it. Oh well, the tulips are short term where the critters offer up window entertainment to the cats most of the year.

I think a neighbor's cat left my cats a gift on the weekend. There was a dead mouse on the back patio and I know it wasn't Zoe or Taz.

Have a great Monday everyone :)

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Another day of thunderstorms here but the pawsitive news is that I have a fresh bag of coffee beans and don't have to go into work today. :thumbsup: The downpour is supposed to stop close to noon and return with the possibility of hail later in the day so I have a window of time to dash out and run some errands.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day yesterday (well, in those countries where Mother's Day was yesterday; I know it's in March in the UK). We took my mom out to brunch at a place called Norma's. The food there is wonderful; pictured below is brioche french toast with berries. Then we went to see RBG, the new documentary about Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. It's a film well worth seeing.
Luciano did not get me anything for Mother's Day. True, I am his foster mother, but he has no source of income & I don't believe any skills to make anything. He didn't attempt to bite or scratch me or my boyfriend yesterday, that's gift enough. :)
IMG_1003[1].JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ileen ileen What a wonderful day you must have had -- that looks scrumptious!

Shane Kent Shane Kent Aren't you fortunate to receive such a "gift"! :lolup:o_O
Your bleeding hearts are beautiful. I miss ours in the Mojave, right by the front door. View attachment 231406
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I love both the old fashioned and modern hybrid Bleeding Hearts - and these are just divine!

Three days cutting has left the lawn in somewhat better shape, and having had the chance to mulch in March certainly made Life easier in May. The largest of the old Lilacs (in the sunniest location) has gone from bud to bloom in just four days, and the rest are beginning to open.

lilacsmay14.jpg

There's still a great deal left to do, however, and so, this week-end, the annual TCS Spring Fling will be here in Olcott Beach! There will be lots of fun activities like bed shaping and sharpening, edging, trimming, pruning and sucker clipping, and there will be fabulous door prizes like glasses of cold water, several half bags of cat food, and a wonderful Snowshoe cat! Don't forget your spades, edging shovels, trimmers, pruners and garden gloves.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I love both the old fashioned and modern hybrid Bleeding Hearts - and these are just divine!

Three days cutting has left the lawn in somewhat better shape, and having had the chance to mulch in March certainly made Life easier in May. The largest of the old Lilacs (in the sunniest location) has gone from bud to bloom in just four days, and the rest are beginning to open.

View attachment 231436

There's still a great deal left to do, however, and so, this week-end, the annual TCS Spring Fling will be here in Olcott Beach! There will be lots of fun activities like bed shaping and sharpening, edging, trimming, pruning and sucker clipping, and there will be fabulous door prizes like glasses of cold water, several half bags of cat food, and a wonderful Snowshoe cat! Don't forget your spades, edging shovels, trimmers, pruners and garden gloves.
*Not to mention, no doubt, the Kevlar suits. Because Snowshoe.*
That is SO beautiful! Looks like a park. I was looking at my lilac photos and of course they're beautiful, but they look like poor cousins of yours, being only bushes...

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stop trying to get rid of poor Moo Shu 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - she loves you!

It's been busy over here. The bf and I got the keys to the new place yesterday, so I need to start thinking about moving, tomorrow is our two year anniversary, and I have four weeks left with my students. At least it's good things.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was looking at my lilac photos and of course they're beautiful, but they look like poor cousins of yours, being only bushes...
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Oh, Baloney; you've posted photos here, and you have - and have had - some of the most beautiful gardens anywhere - and at one point, in one of the least hospitable places considering the plants you grew in the Mojave!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lari Lari hope that all works out well for you! *And I agree about Moo Shu, but there'll always be a place for a Snowshoe here* :insertevillaugh:

Shane Kent Shane Kent -- what a gorgeous cat collection! First and foremost, of course, a certain lovely calico lady ;)

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine TYSM, but it wasn't down in the flats, it was at 4,100 feet -- our little community called itself, "Where The Desert Meets The Mountains" as it really is. It's part of what's called "The Tri-Communities" -- the other two being an actual town, and the ski resort of Wrightwood. We had conifers, joshuas, junipers, cedars, cacti, and yucca on our land, plus the plants that the owners had put in including fruit and nut trees, flowers, etc. Just about everything grows there except palms, because we got snow and frost in winter, and citrus, ditto. The yards here ain't all that much to write home about, up close -- but I'm glad they please in photos! It's a continual work in progress, like all gardens, I guess. I've lost quite a few plants to the drought, actually.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 231436

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , that is the nicest Lilac I've seen and very tall! Absolutely beautiful! The lawn in the photo is absolutely grand, too. Speedy and I are looking forward to the TCS Spring Gardening Fling where you are, we are hoping that by attending we will win the door prize of a wonderful Snowshoe Cat, as you mentioned. ;)

Shane Kent Shane Kent , you and others here may remember I mentioned before that I do like Siamese cat figurines. I do like your new additions very much! Your Slender Cat reminds me a lot of my treasured Siamese figurine. I don't have a name for her, but maybe I will now call her Sweetie Cat, as you have given a nice name to yours. So, here is Sweetie cat and Speedycat -
20180329_115509-2.jpg
A closer look at my Sweetie Cat -
20171023_132518.jpg She's missing some of her rhinestone necklace, but I love her!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , that is the nicest Lilac I've seen and very tall!
R raysmyheart - I think it's the camera angle and the orientation of the photo. I can *barely* get the tractor under the lowest branch on the right side, and the top of the cab is just a fraction over seven feet, so the Lilac is really only a shade over twenty-five feet or so. As nice as it might appear here, however, it smells far better in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.