The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My morning started off well. I woke up to find Sophie laying beside me. I reached over to give her some pets and she wrapped her front legs around my wrist and held my hand close to her for more. :cloud9:

I got up and went to the kitchen to give the girls their breakfast and start my coffee. I noticed the small water bowl was sitting further out from the wall than I normally leave it so I put it back. As soon as I did that and walked away, Lily walked into the kitchen, grabbed the edge of the bowl with her paw and dragged it to where it had been before I moved it. I just laughed and said, "OK little girl. You win." She just looked at me like, "Yeah. I know. I always do". :lol:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*OMC CARLETON!!!* He is SO gorgeous. Wishing you both a gloriously relaxing relaxing day, neely neely :redtabby::cloud9:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ...that would be a/k/a Fujiyama Floofball, wouldn't it? :crackup:

Norachan Norachan What a clowder! Looks like a feline PURRadise there.

The 10-day on Weather Kitty, Grumpy Cat Weather AND Lil' BUB Weather forecasts nice cool days and nights! I've brought a sweater back out and am comfortably seated with a tortoiseshell laptop atop a soft red cat blanket. Pure bliss!:cloud9:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I picked up some Hostas for my shade garden DD and I are planting! I don't typically like Hostas but they were the best option for the area I think. DD and I already put in several Coleus plants from this mix: Shop 12-Pack Tray Coleus (L2567) at Lowes.com. And I have pavers placed in case I add some potted Inpatients or something like that.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up some Hostas for my shade garden DD and I are planting! I don't typically like Hostas but they were the best option for the area I think. DD and I already put in several Coleus plants from this mix: Shop 12-Pack Tray Coleus (L2567) at Lowes.com. And I have pavers placed in case I add some potted Inpatients or something like that.
Personally, I've always loved coleus and remember when my mom had a lot of them in the house. They were very popular. Impatiens are lovely, too, and it sounds like your gardening project will turn out very well -- pix, please, when complete! (Or even as a work in progress.)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, no. This is a Fujiyama Puffball.
View attachment 230884
Norachan Norachan - You clearly meant 'THE Fujiyama Puffball.'

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine ...that would be a/k/a Fujiyama Floofball, wouldn't it? :crackup:
:cloud9:
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Obviously you intended 'THE Fujiyama Floofball.'

Okay - both of you - let's stamp this out right now.

foreststamp.jpg

In other non-Forest Cat news, I mowed half the lawn today!

The non-pawsitive news: the rain has begun.

The pawsitive news: I'm in no hurry to finish.

;)

x

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - You clearly meant 'THE Fujiyama Puffball.'

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Obviously you intended 'THE Fujiyama Floofball.'

Okay - both of you - let's stamp this out right now.

View attachment 230989

In other non-Forest Cat news, I mowed half the lawn today!

The non-pawsitive news: the rain has begun.

The pawsitive news: I'm in no hurry to finish.

;)

x
*All of the above* and then some! I used to love mowing the lawn two houses ago. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*All of the above* and then some! I used to love mowing the lawn two houses ago. Yeah, I know, I'm weird.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Mowing the lawn is relaxing as heck, and when you're finished, you can see your productivity instantly - not like taking in feral cats and then spending four years convincing them that you Love them. If I didn't enjoy it, I'd allow four or five acres simply to naturalise itself, cut just a couple of acres around the buildings, and be done with it.

I guess what I'm saying is that we're not weird - and by "we" of course, I mean "me," because - let's face it - you're a little bit... well, what I mean is that I'm perfectly normal in every respect.

catslide.gif

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Personally, I've always loved coleus and remember when my mom had a lot of them in the house. They were very popular. Impatiens are lovely, too, and it sounds like your gardening project will turn out very well -- pix, please, when complete! (Or even as a work in progress.)
I will see what I can get! I started googling for little statuary and decorative accents earlier. I could get lost on the interwebs doing that. :lol:

I did manage to get everything I bought yesterday in the ground before dark. Hopefully tomorrow we will be getting my petunias, tomatoes and peppers. And maybe a lavender to replace what didn't grow back this year (potted). Then I'll be done except adding to the shade garden. :thumbsup:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The temperature has dropped... a perfect opportunity to visit the wellness center for a sauna, a steam bath, a massage and a little plunge/swim in the pool. Nothing more effective to detoxify the body and the mind.
I enjoyed the visit to the wellness center; contrary to the weather forecast, we had a very sunny and warm day.

Uri and Sussex girl had their own wellness moment (a cozy dust bath for two).

IMG_9431.JPG

It's hard to believe that Ocha transformed from a chick into a chicken in less than a month.

On April 19th

IMG_8638 (2).JPG

Today

IMG_9447 (2).JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, very good! He should be on stamps. He should be on the 1,000 yen notes too.:D
Norachan Norachan - He should be on the sofa in my front parlour.

;)

Rained here from about five until just past seven o'clock this morning, and the whole world's green and fresh. Looks like things are drying out enough now to get a few hours in on the mower later this afternoon.

A walk down the bank revealed this fellow, just taking off from the island in search of brunch.

egretisland5-12-18.jpg

It appears that the Mute Swans and a Snowy Egret couple are sharing the island, with the Swans at the north side and the Egrets to the south. No wars, no border disputes, no angry words.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles Good on ya! Sounds like you're going to be having a lot of good things to eat before long. *and I got lost in the interwebs a long time ago. Neighbors probably wonder.*
mama africa mama africa *AWWWWWWWWWWWW!* (fond memories of flock members having sand baths)
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine How beautiful! Two locations ago, we were coming home from somewhere one time and saw snowy egrets just covering the lawn by our local schoolyard. IDK what they were doing there -- maybe an LAUSD conference or something. Big surprise for me as I'd never seen those numbers before. *and as we all know, speaking just for myself, "bizarre" would probably be the word most often applied by those seeking to describe yours truly. My folks always said a man is judged by the company he keeps. You are warned.*

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday was a very busy but positive day! First teacher pd and then happy hour and then member's night at the Field Museum (I'm not a member, but I get an invite due to the science program we use at school) to see all the behind the scenes stuff. It's pretty cool.

20180511_180212.jpg

Fish skulls in the underground.

20180511_191319.jpg

Hello live birds of prey!

20180511_195742.jpg

Where they make the models.

20180511_200120.jpg

The new Sue exhibit that's still under construction.

And the bf stopped by to feed the kitty so she was good with me being gone all day.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*and as we all know, speaking just for myself, "bizarre" would probably be the word most often applied by those seeking to describe yours truly. My folks always said a man is judged by the company he keeps. You are warned.*
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I'd say that I was in pretty darned good company with you.

Only a trifle damp here today; dry enough that the lawn's better than two-thirds mowed. The cool overnight temperatures exchanged themselves for a much warmer afternoon, and by four o'clock I had the air on in the tractor.

The news from the grass clippings pile overlooking the high bank is that there are, indeed, three pair of swans nesting this year - the higher vantage point showing a third site clearly. Cattails and arrowheads all filling in well, and the spadderdock have a clear head start on the white water lilies that inhabit the little eddy just upstream of the island.

It was a very fine day indeed to spend outdoors - but then, when is it not?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - I'd say that I was in pretty darned good company with you.

Only a trifle damp here today; dry enough that the lawn's better than two-thirds mowed. The cool overnight temperatures exchanged themselves for a much warmer afternoon, and by four o'clock I had the air on in the tractor.

The news from the grass clippings pile overlooking the high bank is that there are, indeed, three pair of swans nesting this year - the higher vantage point showing a third site clearly. Cattails and arrowheads all filling in well, and the spadderdock have a clear head start on the white water lilies that inhabit the little eddy just upstream of the island.

It was a very fine day indeed to spend outdoors - but then, when is it not?
*Spadderdock & Eddy* sounds like a good name for a musical duo. They write amazingly intelligent ballads, don't they? :cool2::cool2:
Sounds like a Paradise on earth!
No wading birds here, but there is a purring tortoiseshell laptop. :dancingblackcat:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
neely neely Carleton is so majestic! What a gorgeous guy!

I'm having a great day relaxing with the animals. Mog and Lucy have been keeping cool on the cat tree, and Mondo has been begging for scraps as we make up some shrimp and steak kabobs for the grill. Days off work really are just heaven.
IMG_9902.JPG

And the Fujiyama Fluffball reminded me of just the music to play while I grill:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH took the kids and I to Walmart to get my pepper and tomato plants! I picked up a few my petunias and another potted geranium I couldn't resist the color of. :cloud9: I also found bleeding heart plants! They are good size too! I really haven't done well growing them from roots.

Now it's time to sit back with some Chick-Fil-A chocolate chunk cookies. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.