The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No worries 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - I have another one in the bedroom; this one is the most reliable.

mama africa mama africa - Just for your amusement there in the lovely town of Mice, a brief history of the Dugan and Klump Hickory Dickory Mouse Clock:

Dungan & Klump History, Dickory, Dickory Dock Clock, Antique Clocks Guy: Antique Clocks and Mechanical Musical Instruments. We bring collectors and buyers together. Always the highest quality antique clocks available; fabulous antique automatic musical instruments.

The ice storm over, it's brought out the Red Squirrels in abundance here - more than I've ever seen before, and a very welcome sight indeed. I'd planned to stay in today, but I'm down to my last bag of walnuts, and so shall have to brave the weather (it's climbed already up into the forties here) to replenish the Squirrel Stores.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa - Just for your amusement there in the lovely town of Mice, a brief history of the Dugan and Klump Hickory Dickory Mouse Clock:

Dungan & Klump History, Dickory, Dickory Dock Clock, Antique Clocks Guy: Antique Clocks and Mechanical Musical Instruments. We bring collectors and buyers together. Always the highest quality antique clocks available; fabulous antique automatic musical instruments.

The ice storm over, it's brought out the Red Squirrels in abundance here - more than I've ever seen before, and a very welcome sight indeed. I'd planned to stay in today, but I'm down to my last bag of walnuts, and so shall have to brave the weather (it's climbed already up into the forties here) to replenish the Squirrel Stores.
Ooh, these Mouse Clocks are magnificent, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine !!!
I am still working from home, but I lost my spirit when Missy started doing this...

IMG_8594.JPG IMG_8594.JPG IMG_8594.JPG

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa and Desertmouse Desertmouse - I don't know about you Belgian Mice and Desert Mice, but it's bearing down on 2:30 am here on Lake Ontario's damp and windy south shore, and that means that it's time for dinner, and then time to sleep! Holy cats - don't you crazy mice have clocks?

;)
Dinner at 2:30am? Sounds like someone is learning from their cats ! For me it was 11 pm (I’m in Arizona) when I posted that and then I was off to bed. I’m trying to get to bed earlier but I swear sometimes I have little thought mice running in my head. I hope your dinner was good!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Hmm...I think the most zen/happy/aww inducing moment of my day was watching . There is just something so pure and enjoyable about five kittens and a mother cat enjoying a ton of tissue paper. It really made me smile in the middle of a fairly rough day. I’m so showing this to the seniors next week.
This is the cutest thing EVER! Now I need to go find some crinkle paper for Miss Bee Kitty..she shredded her paperbag in half-still sleeps on top of it but I bet she would play just like these kittens..she still chases toys all over the house- gonna try ping pong balls-most end up under the frig and stove but what the hey? She has fun batting them around and I don't mind!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, Desertmouse Desertmouse , that is so wonderful! And yes, PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws , that thought came to my mind, too, along with the thought that it's also a lot cleaner and cuter than a CEC's could ever be!
mama africa mama africa -- that clock is TOO cute. I'm not quite sure how to read Missy's expression there -- amused? Outraged? Not quite sure. :kneading:

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the cutest thing EVER! Now I need to go find some crinkle paper for Miss Bee Kitty..she shredded her paperbag in half-still sleeps on top of it but I bet she would play just like these kittens..she still chases toys all over the house- gonna try ping pong balls-most end up under the frig and stove but what the hey? She has fun batting them around and I don't mind!
Have you tried ping pong balls in the tub? It can be so funny to watch!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll always have fond memories of bathtub antics involving cats. My beloved Sunny used to love when I'd throw a foam soccer ball cat toy in the tub. There would be a mad scramble as he tried to capture it. And more recently, my angel Rani had never shown any interest in the tub until shortly before she ascended. I was fortunate enough to get a couple of photos of her "tubbin' it".
IMG_0115.JPG

Our beloved Rani angel, shortly before she ascended, enjoying the tub for the first time. :lovecat4:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello pawsitive thread! I have been busy and distracted, but had a good weekend where I got to spend quality time with friends I don't see very often. And I had a productive day in my classroom today.

Given the nature of this thread I will not say how I felt about our April 16th snow.

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello pawsitive thread! I have been busy and distracted, but had a good weekend where I got to spend quality time with friends I don't see very often. And I had a productive day in my classroom today.

Given the nature of this thread I will not say how I felt about our April 16th snow.
I sure feel for you guys getting the snow. We don’t even get snow in the winter! I would be yelling at the weather man if I had it now :p

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lari Lari - I gotcher April 16th snow right here - snowflakes as big as SmartCars - but still better than an all-day rain!

@dessertmouse Desertmouse Desertmouse - I call the weather man almost every day; it doesn't do a bit of good, and those darned kids won't get off my lawn!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi everyone!
Usually when I come back onto TCS after errands/chores/et al I go through my alerts, but THIS is too terrific, so I came here first this evening to share (after laughing at 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine )
#1, the Big Guy liked, and even ATE, my latest offering of food hallelujah!!
#2 - this will be a little longer...
So I pop onto my neighborhood Next Door today and see a post for Free Cats.
My heart just dropped to the floor. Well, the lady's situation is that her son was just diagnosed as super allergic to cats and they have two 8 month old darlings - her words. She's giving away the cats and all of their stuff, trees, scratchers, toys, everything.
I PM'd her and asked if she would consider reposting with a re-homing fee in order to try and avoid the ugliness that's out there regarding free cats. I also mentioned that even if she didn't do that, anyone who approached her who was authentic and honest should offer to pay her, if for nothing else than for all the items.
Long story short, a neighbor lady did exactly that, --paid a rehoming fee so that the original poster would know the cats were coming home with her, and also said she would keep in touch with the family.
The original poster came back to me and thanked me for my kindness. (Apparently, some ugliness spilled into the OP's inbox regarding her "free cats" post).
Two 8 month old sweethearts are in a new, safe home tonight, and a young man is better able to breath.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!
Usually when I come back onto TCS after errands/chores/et al I go through my alerts, but THIS is too terrific, so I came here first this evening to share (after laughing at 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine )
#1, the Big Guy liked, and even ATE, my latest offering of food hallelujah!!
#2 - this will be a little longer...
So I pop onto my neighborhood Next Door today and see a post for Free Cats.
My heart just dropped to the floor. Well, the lady's situation is that her son was just diagnosed as super allergic to cats and they have two 8 month old darlings - her words. She's giving away the cats and all of their stuff, trees, scratchers, toys, everything.
I PM'd her and asked if she would consider reposting with a re-homing fee in order to try and avoid the ugliness that's out there regarding free cats. I also mentioned that even if she didn't do that, anyone who approached her who was authentic and honest should offer to pay her, if for nothing else than for all the items.
Long story short, a neighbor lady did exactly that, --paid a rehoming fee so that the original poster would know the cats were coming home with her, and also said she would keep in touch with the family.
The original poster came back to me and thanked me for my kindness. (Apparently, some ugliness spilled into the OP's inbox regarding her "free cats" post).
Two 8 month old sweethearts are in a new, safe home tonight, and a young man is better able to breath.
Furballsmom Furballsmom - FREE CATS??? Only two thousand miles away? Holy jumpin' pumpkins - how'd I miss this?

It appears that our weather will take a decided turn for the better overnight, and temperatures should climb into the mid-fifties later in the week. We ended up with plenty of rain on the spot-seeded lawn over the last five days, so maybe we can now get back to Spring, huh?

FREE CATS??????????????

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
LOL, wait, wait, --moo shu called, said nope, nopy nope the house is full :redtabby:
So, in keeping with the positive rules, I saw a baby squirrel get blown out of it's nest, and mama worked tirelessly to first get it to let go of the branch it was hanging on to, and darn if she didn't get it back up and tucked in again :)

Last edited:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Everyone's posts on here really made me smile today! Had a pretty boring rainy day at work, but got to pass the time one looking at my coworkers new cat pictures! She adopted an 9 month old kitten from a shelter, and recently introduced him to her resident cat successfully. I was very happy for her!

Status
Not open for further replies.