The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
ileen ileen Those are beautiful pictures! I think I'll add mexico to my list of places I'd like to go. I spent six months back-packing around South America in my younger days and had a wonderful time. Do you speak Spanish? My Spanish is kind of basic, do you think that would be a problem in Mexico?

My positive is that today Button Moon and Heidi are five years old. :bday:

Here they are as little feral kittens. I managed to lure them in by feeding them just inside the window.

ButtonWill1.jpg
heidi1.jpg

Some more recent pictures now they're all grown up.

Button7.jpg
Heidi13.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Norachan Norachan - Happy Birthday to Heidi and Button Moon; no doubt we'd all like to see them celebrated here as well:

♥ The ♥ Birthday ♥ Thread ♥

No post today, because of the doom and gloom spread by local meteorologists, predicting several feet of ice, meters of rain, frozen custard, howling winds and meteors. In fact, we got a bit of sleet here, perhaps an half inch of snow, and the winds began tapering off in the later afternoon. It appears that the area has escaped whatever invisible disaster it might have been that managed to close nearby airports, and send public officials into a tizzy. The sky. It is not falling, Chicken Little.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy birthday to Heidi and Button Moon @Norcan !
Very grateful the sky isn't falling 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . We did get a light coating of ice overnight, but I think our lilacs will survive.
View attachment 227075
We have about the same here, donnae donnae - a faint coating of ice, but so far no damage to the trees. We've had two power outages though - 15 minutes ad 55 minutes. Ten of the cats slept through them, but Moo Shu was running madly around the house, jumping at light switches and pawing the remote controls, totally perplexed by the fact that they wouldn't do her bidding.

It's actually very pretty out there right now, and I believe that it might just be time for a walk in the crackling woods, as the ice breaks up.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks Norachan Norachan . I would think it depends on where you go in Mexico. My Spanish is fair, but my cousins are fluent and I was with them most of the time. Still, many people spoke enough English that it wasn't an issue. I was able to have conversations in Spanish with the three people who work at Casa Viva for the most part. I highly recommend Casa Viva in Troncones, especially if you have a group.
My pawsitive for the day are sunrise & sunset photos from Mexico. We saw sunrise on Easter morning in the mountains, sunsets at the beach.
CIMG4407.JPG
CIMG4409.JPG
CIMG4410.JPG
CIMG4412.JPG
CIMG4413.JPG
CIMG4420.JPG
CIMG4421.JPG
CIMG4423.JPG
CIMG4424.JPG
CIMG4425.JPG
CIMG4426.JPG
CIMG4498.JPG
CIMG4514.JPG
CIMG4516.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Norachan Norachan . I would think it depends on where you go in Mexico. My Spanish is fair, but my cousins are fluent and I was with them most of the time. Still, many people spoke enough English that it wasn't an issue. I was able to have conversations in Spanish with the three people who work at Casa Viva for the most part. I highly recommend Casa Viva in Troncones, especially if you have a group.
My pawsitive for the day are sunrise & sunset photos from Mexico. We saw sunrise on Easter morning in the mountains, sunsets at the beach.
View attachment 227082 View attachment 227083 View attachment 227084 View attachment 227085 View attachment 227086 View attachment 227087 View attachment 227088 View attachment 227089 View attachment 227090 View attachment 227091 View attachment 227092 View attachment 227093 View attachment 227094 View attachment 227095
ileen ileen - The penultimate sunset photo in this group - looking off toward Hawaii, across the Pacific - is positively smashing; even Thomas Kinkade would have been jealous!

We're thawing just a bit here, and now and again a patch of sunlight illuminates the icy trees, diffracting the light across the ice-covered lawn, and causing you to walk across prisms - an incredible natural phenomenon.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ileen ileen Those are beautiful pictures! I think I'll add mexico to my list of places I'd like to go. I spent six months back-packing around South America in my younger days and had a wonderful time. Do you speak Spanish? My Spanish is kind of basic, do you think that would be a problem in Mexico?

My positive is that today Button Moon and Heidi are five years old. :bday:

Here they are as little feral kittens. I managed to lure them in by feeding them just inside the window.

View attachment 227027 View attachment 227028
Some more recent pictures now they're all grown up.

View attachment 227029 View attachment 227030
Happy birthday to the handsome Button Moon and the lovely Heidi!!! :bday::bunnydance:

I agree with 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . Those beauties deserve a spot in the birthday thread. :jive:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae - The trees and plants have just about shed their icy coats now, but a couple of hours ago, they were still shimmering:

icy1.jpg

One of the Corkscrew Willows, lightly encased in ice.

icy2.jpg

A mossy granite boulder at the base of one of the big Maples, showing a faint prism in a pocket of ice filling a deep depression.

icy3.jpg

A Ginko, just beginning to melt out of its icy cloak.

icy4.jpg

A Crab Apple, looking like some strange, otherworldly confection.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae - The trees and plants have just about shed their icy coats now, but a couple of hours ago, they were still shimmering:

View attachment 227118

One of the Corkscrew Willows, lightly encased in ice.

View attachment 227119

A mossy granite boulder at the base of one of the big Maples, showing a faint prism in a pocket of ice filling a deep depression.

View attachment 227120

A Ginko, just beginning to melt out of its icy cloak.

View attachment 227121

A Crab Apple, looking like some strange, otherworldly confection.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Gorgeous pix! Being a winter-lover, I can't get enough of snow and ice here in So. Cali. We had a gingko in S. El Monte and also one in the Mojave. They are such beautiful trees. As for crabapples, I'd love a box of those. Or a bag. Or a case of jarred spiced ones. Haven't had those in so long but my folks and I used to love them so much!
Time to go help some cats!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our local pet store is having their Anniversary Birthday Bash this weekend - 10% off all food and 20% off everything else in the store plus free goody bag giveaways for cats and dogs. Carleton will certainly be a happy camper today.
The weather was too nasty to go out yesterday so I went to the Anniversary Birthday Bash at our local pet store today instead. Carleton got a free goody bag in honor of their celebration. I was so surprised to see what they put in his special treat bag. :bliss:(The food I do not feed him will be donated to a cat shelter.)

Bentleys goody bag.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow neely neely , that's quite a haul!

With all the talk of celebrating Spring, I must deviate and celebrate autumn. :thumbsup: It doesn't look very different, but the drop in temperature and humidity is very, very welcome.
Well, mani mani -- I like to say that here in L.A. metro, we have TWO seasons -- hot and dirty. Of course, usually the two are combined :eek2: but since this is a PAWSitive thread, yes, neely neely -- what a beautiful goodie bag Carleton got and how nice of you to donate what you don't give him to cats in need! Crinkle balls and mice are big favorites with most cats, as I hope they are with the handsome man :redtabby:

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm...I think the most zen/happy/aww inducing moment of my day was watching . There is just something so pure and enjoyable about five kittens and a mother cat enjoying a ton of tissue paper. It really made me smile in the middle of a fairly rough day. I’m so showing this to the seniors next week.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa and Desertmouse Desertmouse - I don't know about you Belgian Mice and Desert Mice, but it's bearing down on 2:30 am here on Lake Ontario's damp and windy south shore, and that means that it's time for dinner, and then time to sleep! Holy cats - don't you crazy mice have clocks?

;)
Enjoy your dinner, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and sleep well ; I just had breakfast with Missycat and we're ready to work.
And yes, we have clocks...

Status
Not open for further replies.