The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope those turtles are protected! They are captive, I can see. In a sanctuary?
lol tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , no need for concern, that's tile work on the bottom of a pool in Patzcuaro! I thought it was really well done, so I took a picture. Your reaction confirms my thought. My cousin's young sons take swimming lessons in that pool & they're kind of afraid of those turtles, they think they're creepy. I thought they were beautiful, but I wasn't swimming in 'their' lane.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
lol tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , no need for concern, that's tile work on the bottom of a pool in Patzcuaro! I thought it was really well done, so I took a picture. Your reaction confirms my thought. My cousin's young sons take swimming lessons in that pool & they're kind of afraid of those turtles, they think they're creepy. I thought they were beautiful, but I wasn't swimming in 'their' lane.
Oh, is that what they are? I've been staring at that picture thinking "They look like.....but no...."

:headscratch:

That's very well done.

Looks like you had a very nice vacation. Love that open air market.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just hope the turtles are okay and well treated. That would be the PAWSitive thing to know about them!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Friday! I had teacher pd today and it was the best in this series we've been going to this year (though the other two were awful so it was not a high bar, but I did get something out of it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for clarifying that, ileen ileen -- they do absolutely look real! That's a PAWSitive finish to the subject! :fish:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yay for Friday! Got some yard work done, and attempted to fix my hair dye catastrophe. It isn't perfect, but it's much better. And, after all the chemical baths, I got to come back to this sight:
IMG_9653.JPG

So long as this cuddle party is happening, I'm there!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay for Friday! Got some yard work done, and attempted to fix my hair dye catastrophe. It isn't perfect, but it's much better. And, after all the chemical baths, I got to come back to this sight:
View attachment 226870
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer , this is one of the most precious photos I have ever seen! My Speedy does approve, she looked toward the screen at these precious faces and seemed to be saying "Hello, nice to meet you, Friends"!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I had been wondering what those turtles were doing in a chlorinated swimming pool, didn't think that was too healthy for them. I had seen pics of alligators who took a dip in a neighborhood swimming pool in Florida but they obviously didn't stay very long, where these turtles did not look as if they could even get out of the pool if they tried. So I am glad to know that the turtles were an optical illusion making people think they were real, very cleverly done. Thank you for sharing.
The fruit and veggies at the open air market are available here too, here are pics of the one I go to,
Sunday farmers market 050414 019.JPG
Sunday farmers market 050414 022.JPG
Sunday farmers market 050414 026.JPG
Sunday farmers market 050414 034.JPG
Farmers' Markets have whatever is in season and most of what grows in Mexico grows here also, even bananas but that is a backyard crop and not really grown commercially here although I know there is one around Santa Barbara who sells his to the local clientele. I know one person in the City of Orange who has a big banana tree in the side yard and once they gave me some right off the tree and I've never tasted bananas like that, no starch, just sweet nectar. Wow. The Farmers' Markets are usually in a parking lot and the same farmers show up every week with produce that was picked a day or two before, these pics were taken last summer but the market is open year round which is really great. One can also get veggies you've never heard of or seen before, particularly all the Asian greens which are grown by Asian immigrants. These are so good when they are really fresh, no pesticides or chemical fertilizers so that makes them extra positive.
Sunday farmers market 050414 027.JPG

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 226870
tinydestroyer tinydestroyer - That makes two of us! It's nice to have a little jump on Spring clean-up, before Summer bursts in and eats up our whole... well... Summer.

The rain returns tomorrow, which means a day off from mulching flower beds - and who doesn't like a day off every now and then?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
A Japanese badger just ran past my window!

I had to Google pictures of local wildlife to find out what it was. It definitely wasn't a cat, that's for sure.

It looked very shiny and healthy. That's one more thing I can add to my list of "Japanese Critters I Have Seen."

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is awesome tile work ileen ileen sure looks likes turtles were let loose in the pool! Beautiful pictures. Love the balancing rocks.
Pawsitive for today: I missed some episodes of "The Truth About Pet Cancer" docu-series this week and just got an email that they are running the entire thing free all weekend!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Our local pet store is having their Anniversary Birthday Bash this weekend - 10% off all food and 20% off everything else in the store plus free goody bag giveaways for cats and dogs. Carleton will certainly be a happy camper today. :happycat:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ileen ileen thanks for sharing more beautiful pix with us!
neely neely -- I hope Carleton very much enjoys his surprises!
Watered the yards after 7 this morning -- everything is still green and I want to try to keep it that way as long as possible, since we are not getting our normal rains. Going to be sort of hot today, but hopefully not too bad. Tortoiseshell laptop is warming us both as it is still cool morning here.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What a joy it is to read this thread after being gone for a couple of weeks! There are so many wonderful stories and photos here to gladden the heart. It's pretty wonderful to come to a thread where there is no bad news, ever. R raysmyheart gave me a bit of a scare with the story of the wild turkey caught in traffic, though! Wings. I wish I had a set to get out of traffic!

Just reading this thread is a PAWsitive experience but I have another one to mention. I have been watching verbena flower buds for weeks, waiting for them to open. I probably have about 300 photographs of verbena buds in various stages of development but finally yesterday, one set of florets on one flower head on one plant out of 17 plants covered with dozens of flower heads...uh, where was I going with that? Oh yes, giving a big buildup to six little florets who are finally greeting the world!

DSC_7430.jpg

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
margd margd , the photo of verbena is just wonderful! As I look at the detail you have captured in the buds that have opened into white flowers, I am struck by the detail (I can see) that Nature has put into every one of these flowers, carefully, deliberately and just about perfectly. It makes me think happily about something I like to do in Summer outside, that is to take a close look at plants and flowers and many times you can spot a perfect heart in a leaf or a petal if you look closely, just like it was drawn right into the scheme of things.

Another positive is that Speedy has become quite lively tonight, glad that I am home with her, playing wand toy together, zipping up and down the stairs and I think she is having the time of her Life!

Desertmouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well today I’m volunteering at an assisted living home. This is a residential home with three residents and a caregiver. I like to come over and give the caregiver a break, plus they know they can call me if something comes up and they need me to keep a eye on things. Anyways, the reason I bring this up is that one of the resident’s husband have put 7 bird feeders around the back yard and side of the house. There are three in front of the window where they eat. I love sitting with them and watching the beautiful birds. Today I saw this beautiful one with tan feathers....it looks so soft....it was my “happy moment” of the day ☺

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Today was a lovely dreary day with a French toast brunch. Afterwards, I did a lot of leisurely activities, including reading, napping, watching a movie, and even my recent guilty pleasure - a video game! All the whole while the pup and kitty kins cuddled me on the sofa. And the day is not over yet! Think I'll have a pizza party and ANOTHER movie tonight! Sometimes, you just need to veg out, and eat yummy foods!

Status
Not open for further replies.