The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I'm making corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot tomorrow, takes about 8 hours and the recipe is from Betty Crocker. How much easier can you get? Put it all in the pot tonight, turn it on when I get up around 8:30 (still haven't adjusted to the time change), put the potatoes and cabbage on top of the meat in the pot in the last hour and I'll have dinner ready for company tomorrow evening. I invited 6 people, two never responded (how rude is that?) and two won't be in town. That leaves me with just two and those are both men, what kind of dinner party is that? How can I get a few more people to come on such short notice? I'll try one of my neighbors but I'm not very hopeful. On the positive side: there will be more corned beef left over for hash and sandwiches. Sorry, kitties, no corned beef for you, too much salt and two of you don't like people food anyway.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just back from a karaoke night with my lovely Irish friend. I had so much fun and enjoyed every minute with her, as we haven't been able to meet often since she had her baby a year an a half ago. She is one of my favourite people in the world, so tonight has been really pawsitive for me :)

Thanks, neely neely ! They are really sweet, and Deneb (who is now renamed Blondie) is just like a gigant cat, climbing to high places all the time and mischievously plotting naughty strategies to get her brother into trouble :D

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@mama africa what a fantastic work day that you and Missy had! She's such a pretty lady. :lovecat:

I, too, attempted to work at home today. But it was so rainy, and dreary, and cozy, and...and...

IMG_9430.JPG

Well, YOU just try getting a bunch of work done when this little furball wants cuddles!
I love typing with a kitty lap warmer! :kneading:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just about to cross two in the morning here, and the night is so clear that you'd think that someone had torn a page out of a Star Atlas and pasted it overhead. This is one of the great Blessings of living away from the civilised world, tucked away between the lake and the woods, and it's one of those little things which one recalls on the 35 minute trip into the nearest real town.

Shane Kent Shane Kent - I hope you're lookin' up, wherever you are tonight.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I haven't checked this thread for a few days. It's nice being able to read all these positive posts.

Some of you are having serious amounts of snow! I thought winter was over. We're already into early flowers and spring allergies over here.

Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico Those puppies are so sweet! I'm not sure if I'd describe them as "little" though, they look close to pony size already.

I've been really busy all week making up progress reports for students, but I've only got two more to do and then I'm free!

:bliss:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Happy St. Patrick's Day whether you celebrate or not! :clover: They dye the Chicago River green and have not one but two parades every year so on this day everyone is Irish in our fair city. ;)

I had another amazing morning walking to the dog park with my daughter's pup. It was quite crisp out but the farmer's market kept things lively and I went home with a freshly baked blueberry scone. :yummy:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, I'm so excited and just had to share. After I got home from the dog park I received a long distance call from DH. (He's back home looking after Carleton while I'm out East dog sitting for our daughter.) He went to the Chicagoland Pet Expo today, it's once a year and we've been going for literally 20 years. He spent a long time talking with one of the volunteers for a cat rescue group that we both like and he agreed to be a transporter for them. I'm jumping for joy! :jump:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just about to cross two in the morning here, and the night is so clear that you'd think that someone had torn a page out of a Star Atlas and pasted it overhead. This is one of the great Blessings of living away from the civilised world, tucked away between the lake and the woods, and it's one of those little things which one recalls on the 35 minute trip into the nearest real town.

Shane Kent Shane Kent - I hope you're lookin' up, wherever you are tonight.
Sounds wonderful -- I miss seeing the stars like that out in the Mojave. You could actually see the Milky Way. It was so clear, and very little light pollution. Truly a blessing!
To all who celebrate, a happy St. CATrick's Day!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico Those puppies are so sweet! I'm not sure if I'd describe them as "little" though, they look close to pony size already.
It just depends to what are you comparing them with :D Compared to their father, they are little ^-^ Compared to an adult Newfoundland, they are small. Compared to an adult whippet... they are the same size :lol: I hope you have already finished thise progress reports and can enjoy the weekend :)

I am just about to change my bed sheets, which is always pawsitive because the fabric softener I use smells soooo good (Lady of the Night and normal jasmin).

Shane Kent Shane Kent , your project looks quite nice, will you share with us the end result?

neely neely those are great news! Will he take pictures so you can show them to us?

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG, I'm so excited and just had to share. After I got home from the dog park I received a long distance call from DH. (He's back home looking after Carleton while I'm out East dog sitting for our daughter.) He went to the Chicagoland Pet Expo today, it's once a year and we've been going for literally 20 years. He spent a long time talking with one of the volunteers for a cat rescue group that we both like and he agreed to be a transporter for them. I'm jumping for joy! :jump:
Neely that’s awesome! Be warned, cat rescue work can be addictive!

Shane Kent Shane Kent that sky sure is blue!

My positive, seven cats from the shelter where I volunteer got adopted today, including one gorgeous little Snowshoe. He and his sister only came in yesterday, so they were rehomed in less than 24 hours.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely - This really IS exiting - Carleton's getting a new Brother or Sister!

No; he certainly is not!
Yes he is; maybe a new Brother AND a new Sister!

No; he agreed to be a transporter for them.
Yeah, sure; and we all know exactly where he'll be transporting them!

;)

It's as clear tonight as last night here, and given the New Moon, the sky is an absolute profusion of stars. A very good reason indeed to watch two o'clock come and go from the edge of the woods.

Edit: neely neely : maybe he'll even bring home a couple of Snowshoes!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've finished writing the student progress reports!

:woo:

Have a few errands I have to run this evening, but after that I'll be able to read a book or do some drawing or something.

That's great news about all the adoptions SheriB SheriB Are the snowshoe brother and sister going together?

That's a nice table Shane Kent Shane Kent Is it for humans or for cats? I know it will probably end up being used by the cats either way, but is it meant for them?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely those are great news! Will he take pictures so you can show them to us?
First he has to e-mail the Director of Operations for the cat rescue group so no pics yet. :camera:

neely neely - This really IS exiting - Carleton's getting a new Brother or Sister!
Yeah, sure; and we all know exactly where he'll be transporting them!;)
No plans for a new brother or sister albeit I think Carleton would do well with a middle aged chap like himself. :coolcat:

My Sunday pawsitive is that I had a repeat of yesterday's glorious walk in the dog park with my daughter's pup. I'd love to post a pic but will have to wait until I come home in a week. Getting ready to head out to a different farmer's market, one of my favorite pastimes while I'm here. :thumbsup:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No plans for a new brother or sister albeit I think Carleton would do well with a middle aged chap like himself.
neely neely - Hey! I'm sixty-three; sixty-three's the new "Middle Aged" no?

;)

Just glorious here today with the temperature already climbing mid-forties. Time for a quick brunch before getting down to the business of finishing the last of the tax paperwork.

Most pawsitive thing of all: we're less than 24½ hours from the arrival of Spring!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice posts since I last checked in -- TYSM to all for upping the PAWSitive!
Shane Kent Shane Kent I, too, wonder who that table is for. And yes, oil paint is worth all the cleanup. I was trained as an artist and everyone has his or her favorite medium -- mine is and will always be oils, though you put those together with the Queen of Klutz and you'd often get more of the paint on the painter than on the canvas :crackup: But it was all good.
A chilly day, for here, in the upper 50sF and may get up to 60F. Tortoiseshell laptop is warming us both. I'm feeling kind of somber today thinking of several friends with health issues and the world, etc., etc., but always I am grateful and always I count our blessings, which are actually countless. My beloved Sis (not biological, but Sis just the same) once sent my dad a card that said, "every day is a gift" and surely she was right. :heartshape:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It's always a joy to return to this thread after missing a few days. Carleton is getting is not getting a new sibling, kitties and puppies are being adopted, delicious meals are being made, felines are busy keeping laps warm, progress reports are finished, dogs are having fun walks in the park, projects are in progress, the milky way really does exist and great photos have been posted. So much PAWsitivity in one place!

Shane Kent Shane Kent 's gorgeous photo of a deep blue Canadian sky inspired me to post my own blue sky photo. I know it's got all of these cherry blossoms in the way but it's a spring blue sky and that's what counts.;)
DSC_4069.jpg

While walking today, I saw my first butterfly of the season. In the first shot it's busy sipping nectar and in the next shot, it's ready to take off, hopefully taking lots of pollen with it. Not being a butterflyologist :rolleyes: I don't know what kind it is, only that any sight of a pollenizer is a PAWSitive thing indeed! :bunnydance:

DSC_4256.jpg

DSC_4266.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We celebrated my mother's recent birthday today and my DS used chopsticks for the first time and did amazing! The weather is gorgeous too. Now how can it not be a pawsitive day with this face? Plus those paws. She's really become affectionate since moms older female passed a few months ago. I'm not used to her being affectionate!

IMG_3223.JPG
IMG_3228.JPG
IMG_3233.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.