The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Folks almost three yes THREE feet of snow!

The deck i need to shovel when I get home. Some of the snow is from off the roof.

View attachment 222646
Tree at work
View attachment 222647
View attachment 222648
View attachment 222649

View attachment 222650

This is at entrance to the park.
View attachment 222651
This is my yard at 5:30. Its deeper now.

How did everyone else fare?
@foxxycat - Every one of these photos is fabulous! Here in Olcott Beach, we got hit overnight too, with the snow very nearly covering the driveway.

;)

Speedy is enjoying watching her feathered friends outside the window, it is brilliant sunshine here upon our recent snow. I just laughed at myself. That is, before I leave for work every day I say to Speedy "Speedy, you going to be good today"? That's silly, of course she will.:)
R raysmyheart - That's sweet. Whenever I go out, I always say, "now you be good kitties," and then add, "oh, you're always good kitties." Then I look at Moo Shu....

It's definitely a pretty snow out there. Today I am thankful for snow blowers that work.

View attachment 222664 View attachment 222665 View attachment 222666
@AbbysMom - These are wonderful shots too, and what a lovely yard! I see the snowblower, hard at work.

((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((> ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((> ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>

It's grey and overcast here this morning, and - with a nod to a previous thread in The Lounge - we could use a little colour here and there. Mother Nature did send us a dusting overnight, but as it did yesterday, it's primarily melted out already. Take Heart, those of you in New England - Spring is on its way! The view from the office window just now, looking northwest:

noreaster2.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOVING the snow photos everyone has posted (and missing snow in the Mojave, of course, as well as a certain Snowshoe princess).
Feeling PAWSitive about the marches taking place today, praying they actually soften the hard hearts and even harder heads, and feeling PAWSitive on some level that Prof. Hawking has transcended the boundaries of his physical structure and gone on to what I pray will amaze him eternally!
Here, on a somewhat more ordinary level, we're enjoying a cool, sunny-and-cloudy day, and looking forward to more rain as soon as possible.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always tell Lelia to be a good girl when I'm gone, too.

My students have been, oddly, asking for pie lately, and since it's Pi Day (not that they understand that) and they finally earned 100 points on class dojo, I bought them a cherry pie (their vote).

I don't like cherry pie, so that's good because I've had enough treats today!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
feeling PAWSitive on some level that Prof. Hawking has transcended the boundaries of his physical structure and gone on to what I pray will amaze him eternally!
:yeah::yeah::yeah: It's inspiring and PAWsitive to realize that the human species actually can produce such brilliance, humor, strength, and perseverance in its members. So often, we seem like bumbling idiots. (Present company excepted, of course. :wave2:)

@foxxycat and @AbbysMom, thank you for posting your breathtaking snow pictures for those of us who have seen little, if any, this or any other year. I hope it all melts quickly, though! Those picturesque white pillowy mounds are heavy and wet - no fun for humans with snow shovels and trees with groaning branches!

Add me to those who bid farewell to their kitties by reminding them to behave themselves while we're gone.
BlkCatUnrollsTP.gif
TanCatScratchingChair.gif

I wonder how many of us do that? :wavey:

I can't let a chance to post a botanical photo go by so here's a racy daffodil photo.

Daffodil.jpg

Finally, here is something else very PAWsitive. With paws no less. This gorgeous leopard showed up in some trail camera images I was evaluating for Panthera, a conservation group looking out for big and wild cats.

S18__Station5__Camera1__CAM52129__2017-09-04__15-20-12 2.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOVING the snow photos everyone has posted (and missing snow in the Mojave, of course, as well as a certain Snowshoe princess).
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 - Sishya is there in your Heart every day until you and she can be reunited. I hope that I'll have the chance to meet here in the next place, if for no other reason than to show Moo Shu that Snowshoes don't necessarily have to be evil.

Pawsitive: after a day of cat food, treats and new toys shopping, I'm too lazy to make dinner, so it will be pizza time very shortly!

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, all those beautiful pictures!

If I wanted to really show a tenth of the enthusiasm I am feeling right now, these letters would be written in bright, sparkly gold with rubies, diamonds and every other existing precious and semiprecious gemstone, and a few that can only be found in fantasy novels. However, as I respect all of you and have your sight in high steem, I'll keep things sobber and try to contain all the exclamation marks that just want to jump here ;)

My father asked me to go downstairs this morning, while I was studying. He had a very serious face, and I was a little bit worried, to be honest. I went downstairs and met him in the garden, where I saw a tall man with a big car. My dad said that the man wanted to talk with me. He introduced himself as a friend of my mother, and said he had something to show me... Then he let go down the car three Great Danes: an enormous male and two puppies.

Guess what!

The puppies were for me. For me! An early birthday present. I know this is a cat forum, but these lovely tiny little things are too cute for not sharing ;) I hope you'll forgive me for the quality of the pictures :)

IMG_20180314_160258.jpg
IMG_20180314_212935_086.JPG

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
margd margd Agree 100% about Prof. Hawking and about the human race in general (and thank you for the props). I think this site tends to attract people who are of higher intellect -- after all, it is The CAT Site :geekcat:and so, back at'cha :winkcat:
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine OMC there'll be a lotta :lovecat3:up there then! Between Snowshoe Sishya and Birman Tashi, those two girls had more "IT" than the whole bunch of "IT girls" in human form. My ex called Tashi the "Mae West cat" because of her sashaying hips and off-the-charts "appeal". Seesh was more the little Lolita type, but once she worked her magic, the viewer would be HISTORY. Since you've got a heavy Snowshoe jones, I predict all will truly be lost upon your first meeting. Just sayin'.

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
23" of snow yesterday, but no major trees down near the house and the power is on.

As I was clearing the walks and driveway this morning, I looked up to see my black clowder in the windows, watching me as I worked. My eyes caught Pepper's and I wondered if she remembered the horrible storm just over two years ago when her younger sibling had been killed by a snowplow. Or later that terrifying experience when her feral mom, younger brothers, and she had been trapped. I'm grateful that she and my others made a successful transition from ferals to house cats.

Today, we're all safe, we're all warm, it's all good.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
23" of snow yesterday, but no major trees down near the house and the power is on.

As I was clearing the walks and driveway this morning, I looked up to see my black clowder in the windows, watching me as I worked. My eyes caught Pepper's and I wondered if she remembered the horrible storm just over two years ago when her younger sibling had been killed by a snowplow. Or later that terrifying experience when her feral mom, younger brothers, and she had been trapped. I'm grateful that she and my others made a successful transition from ferals to house cats.

Today, we're all safe, we're all warm, it's all good.
What a moving story, theyremine theyremine and I join you in being grateful that the surviving family is well, safe, and loved in your care! *I'm partial to black cats, aesthetically -- they are the most beautiful, glossy, elegant, stylish and gorgeous of all IMHO!* :bigeyes:

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry if I gave the impression that I have all of Pepper's family. I don't. Momma cat after several days of observation was deemed too feral (and older) and TNR'ed. The man who reported the incident and asked for our rescue's help agreed to be her caretaker. Pepper was 6 months old and considered a deterrent to the socialization of her younger (10-11 week old) brothers, so I took her as a foster. (I recently officially adopted her.) One of her brothers was adopted by the man who fostered them, another was adopted by the man who reported the incident, another was adopted by my next door neighbors, and the fourth was adopted by a nice family. All the brothers live indoors with people who love them. My other 3 black former ferals have other back stories!

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another beautiful day today! The proverbial sunshine and rainbows came out after the rain showers, with just enough daylight to take some polaroids. Can't ask for more, really.

All the pictures of snow are so gorgeous! Thanks to everyone for sharing!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the photos are so wonderful and really do make me smile.
margd margd , I love the little animations of the cats shredding toilet paper and scratching the couch! Sadly, I never had one cat that shredded toilet paper. My Rachel chewed the seal off of my birth certificate many years ago, that I left on the table for copying the next day. Had to request another. If I bring in groceries and put them on the counter, then turn my back, Speedy has many times put her claws through bananas, styrofoam cups, bread and many varieties of fruit. Not paw-sitive, you say? Not true, I wouldn't trade these little antics for anything!:) :hearthrob:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Momma cat after several days of observation was deemed too feral....
I've had three ferals who were truly difficult cases - Black Friday and her Daughter, Clawed-Ya, who required 22 months in their own house before finally coming inside - and one who even my veterinarian - who never gives up - said would never come around. It was more than a year before I could touch her, and more than three years before I could pick her up without losing vast swaths of skin from my forearms. Undoubtedly the wildest cat I've ever encountered in more than sixty years of Cat Encounters - White Tip.

Sssshhhh... she's sleeping.

Omniavincitamor.jpg

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico the puppies are so adorable! What an amazing birthday present!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine White Tip looks so happy and comfortable! So good to hear stories of ferals changing their ways. Your perseverance paid off. Gives me hope for poor Nanny who has yet to let me touch her. She has gotten braver over the last year, allowing me to be within a few feet of her if I move slowly and don’t look at her.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico the puppies are so adorable! What an amazing birthday present!

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine White Tip looks so happy and comfortable! So good to hear stories of ferals changing their ways. Your perseverance paid off. Gives me hope for poor Nanny who has yet to let me touch her. She has gotten braver over the last year, allowing me to be within a few feet of her if I move slowly and don’t look at her.
SheriB SheriB - White Tip is now the gentlest cat I've ever known. She's the Comforter, the Welcomer and the Teacher to any newcomer.

Your Nanny will doubtless come along eventually. Stay low to the ground, speak softly, and never give up. No force on earth nor in the Heavens can stand against Love.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico - They are very cute birthday gifts :)

After several days of snow the Sun broke through the clouds today and it is somewhat bright outside.
:sunshine:

Sun at 8:00 am out back of work. It was just starting to break through the clouds.

IMG_0283.JPG

Next few days are supposed to be a little cold but at the same time partly cloudy with Sunshine. The Sun is always appreciated this time of year.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been able to post much this week but I'm taking the time to say: ITS NEW DISHWASHER DAY!!! :bunnydance::banana2::dance:

My current dishwasher is about 9 years old but its recently become so loud you have to raise your voice to be heard in the kitchen and I've seriously debated ear plugs. DH agreed to the quietest dishwasher Lowes had in stock. :p I like to run the dishwasher in the morning while the kids eat breakfast but its not done before we start school in the kitchen. So a quiet dishwasher is really something we will appreciate!

In other pawsitive news; DD brought me a math lesson at bedtime last night. She's getting an introduction to equations already. So sure we can do math on the couch, in pjs, 10 minutes before lights out!:lol:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all, SheriB SheriB , jcat jcat and Shane Kent Shane Kent :)

Freya and Raistlin are really enjoying the new brand of cat food I brought on Tuesday with one of the best discounts I've ever seen: 12 cans of wet food for free with every 2'5 kg bag of kibble (I bought 3, so I have 36 cans, and I am planning to buy some more before the end of the month, which is when the promo ends).

Day here is pearly grey, wich is just fine as long as it doesn't rain much :)

I'm looking forward seeing some more pictures of all your gardens and forests!

Have a great day you all and be safe ;)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico , the puppies are amazing! This is wonderful!
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , White Tip is beautiful!

My co-worker told me today that her dog who just celebrated turning two enjoyed a nice cake she made for him on his special day. She was so happy to show us photos and tell us about the new toys she gave him. It is hearing happy moments from my co-workers that make a day shine.

On my way home - a little windy but nice today -
20180315_164029.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.