The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart - This is a great photo; I love the snow cover seen through the evergreen woods!

We just had a sixty second snowstorm here - flakes of enormous size, some individual flakes well over an inch in length. It began without warning, and ceased just as abruptly, leaving only tiny damp spots in its wake. Nature is always full of little surprises!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sky was clear and blue most of the day but got a little playful tonight with fast-moving clouds. I love to see photos at sunset with traffic lights. A favorite thing of mine is to travel just after dark on the highway and see a string of taillights far ahead on the road. This was tonight on the way from work. Who would know there was a major snowstorm two days ago?
20180315_163900.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sky was clear and blue most of the day but got a little playful tonight with fast-moving clouds. I love to see photos at sunset with traffic lights. A favorite thing of mine is to travel just after dark on the highway and see a string of taillights far ahead on the road. This was tonight on the way from work. Who would know there was a major snowstorm two days ago?
View attachment 222897
Your beautiful photo reminds me of one of my favorite songs, which is to me more about the desert than anything else, but your description begs this video:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Working from home again, with my sweet Missy, Queen of the desk.
It's a challenge to stay focused, but I love to have her here, right by my side.

View attachment 222934 View attachment 222936 View attachment 222937 View attachment 222938 View attachment 222939View attachment 222940View attachment 222941
mama africa mama africa - Nice to see that your Personal Assistant is right by your side. By the way, this photo:

really belongs in this thread:

But, But, But....

The weather here on Lake Ontario's south shore finally matches the calendar - rather cooler than it's been of late. The good news is that the coming week's forecast shows no precipitation at all, which means that I might get a jump on Spring cleanup in the woods. Yeah, yeah - I know, @Shane Kent - any excuse to be outside.

x /\_/\

xx( o o )
x .•:*¨¨*:•.E.•:*¨¨*:•.D.•:*¨ ==_Y_== ¨*:•.I.•:*¨¨*:•.T.•:*¨¨*:•.

For those who might have missed it, @mani has already posted the Monthly Contest thread:

Contest - March Picture Of The Month: Cats In The Kitchen!

and so far we have only fifteen Kitchen Cats participating. Typically we have dozens of entries on the first day, and this is an easy subject because - well, you know - cats in the kitchen. TCS currently has 122,828 members - let's see if we can get at least half that many entries this month, okay?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Pawsitivity.
moozoom.gif

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I flew out Wednesday to dog sit for my daughter & son-in-law while they're away on vacation. I was a little worried due to the impending snow storm out East but made it safely with no problems. I had a glorious early morning walk in the dog park and it felt fabulous to not be on a schedule. :yess: Just my daughter's pup and me taking our time, enjoying the sights and scenery.

@Alejandra Rico Congrats on the new G.D. puppies, they are magnificent! :bouquet:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Working from home again, with my sweet Missy, Queen of the desk.
It's a challenge to stay focused, but I love to have her here, right by my side.

View attachment 222934 View attachment 222936 View attachment 222937 View attachment 222938 View attachment 222939View attachment 222940View attachment 222941
I know, I know, mama africa mama africa -- there are several versions of this here. Tarifa is the particularly squirmelly, fidgety one and so we go through a routine before I log on, where I stroke and talk to her and she converses with me, circling, kneading, purring and yelling in my ear, before I say, "Settle!" and she completely ignores me, stomping and yelling some more :dancingblackcat:The desk is OFF LIMITS to all but me. Elvis is somewhat more sedate, but a lot larger, so when he settles, it's like my chair goes down a couple of inches through the floor :bluecat: but eventually, we get there. Suha occasionally pays me a visit in the office, and she's very sweet and settles down very well. :clapcat:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your beautiful photo reminds me of one of my favorite songs, which is to me more about the desert than anything else, but your description begs this video:

tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , you couldn't have put a better song to match my love of driving long distance on the highway after dark. It would be my dream to drive across country, no destinations, just drive and drive and enjoy what I see.

Yesterday after work I spotted a swan on the water. As I approached to take a photo, this beautiful creature started to come out to meet me. I only stayed a minute, I did not want to distract him or her. I just said hi - nice to meet you!:daisy:
20180315_163446-1-1 (1).jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , you couldn't have put a better song to match my love of driving long distance on the highway after dark. It would be my dream to drive across country, no destinations, just drive and drive and enjoy what I see.

Yesterday after work I spotted a swan on the water. As I approached to take a photo, this beautiful creature started to come out to meet me. I only stayed a minute, I did not want to distract him or her. I just said hi - nice to meet you!:daisy:
View attachment 222983
What a beautiful swan encounter and what a nice pic! Thanks for sharing, R raysmyheart -- I wish my friendly blue jay would sit still for long enough to let me take some pix of him (or her)!
Glad you enjoyed the video. Me, too. It used to be an hour commute between our place in the Mojave and "down the hill" to L.A. Metro. We also did a lot of driving out on the Pearblossom Highway and this music was perfect for setting the mood.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful swan encounter and what a nice pic! Thanks for sharing, R raysmyheart -- I wish my friendly blue jay would sit still for long enough to let me take some pix of him (or her)!
Glad you enjoyed the video. Me, too. It used to be an hour commute between our place in the Mojave and "down the hill" to L.A. Metro. We also did a lot of driving out on the Pearblossom Highway and this music was perfect for setting the mood.
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 , you share my love of driving!

A very paw-sitive development here is that I am spotting Robins coming to and from the holly bushes!:purplebutterfly: :daisy:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I am super excited that the alarm won’t be going off at 5 am tomorrow. :bliss: Knowing me I will be awake anyway.

I bought two cases of wine at a really good price today. I also did something way out of my comfort zone this morning.

I am enjoying a glass of wine right now and have some soup bubbling away on the stove. All in all not a bad Friday.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 222983

R raysmyheart - I'm so glad that you posted this photo to TCS - it's really a great shot, in a delightful setting!

Despite a little chill in the air, it was a very fine day here, with the sun never taking a single break. Off shortly to meet my vet for a real sit-down prime rib dinner, which can only mean one thing - I'm paying.

;)

Still cheap at twice the price; he's a fine chap, and a good Friend - and I'll be sticking him with the bill for lunch tomorrow on Saint Corned Beef's Patrick's Day!

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mama africa mama africa - Nice to see that your Personal Assistant is right by your side. By the way, this photo:

really belongs in this thread:

But, But, But....

The weather here on Lake Ontario's south shore finally matches the calendar - rather cooler than it's been of late. The good news is that the coming week's forecast shows no precipitation at all, which means that I might get a jump on Spring cleanup in the woods. Yeah, yeah - I know, @Shane Kent - any excuse to be outside.

x /\_/\

xx( o o )
x .•:*¨¨*:•.E.•:*¨¨*:•.D.•:*¨ ==_Y_== ¨*:•.I.•:*¨¨*:•.T.•:*¨¨*:•.

For those who might have missed it, @mani has already posted the Monthly Contest thread:

Contest - March Picture Of The Month: Cats In The Kitchen!

and so far we have only fifteen Kitchen Cats participating. Typically we have dozens of entries on the first day, and this is an easy subject because - well, you know - cats in the kitchen. TCS currently has 122,828 members - let's see if we can get at least half that many entries this month, okay?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Pawsitivity.
Thanks for the reminder about the photo contest. I posted mine, it’s not a contest winner but still cute.

Today was just a wonderful day. I went to the Shelter and they had plenty of helpers so I got to brush and pet cats instead of cleaning cages. I fall in love every time a new cat comes in, and today there were some real beauties!
After that I spent some lovely time outdoors and then took a nap with my fosters, a purrfect day.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R raysmyheart -- strangely enough, I do not drive. I am terrified of it. I was forced to learn as I went to school here, but that was as far as it went. I could probably do it in an emergency, maybe. I DO love riding with people who love to drive, though :) and being on the road is very much beloved of me.
SheriB SheriB How wonderful! And your footer quote could also be mine, btw. I often tell people I have never met a cat I didn't love. Said that to my dad once, and he thought about it and agreed with me. :yess:
We have a holly plant here, and yes, I have seen robins hanging around it and the camellia next to it! They are such beautiful birds, aren't they?

Last edited:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Someone a few weeks ago said that in SoCal there are only cacti, palms and succulents. Well, here's to show that this is not true. There is not a cactus or succulent among these pics and recycled water is used throughout. The embankments are all within a short walk from where I live, just at the side of the road. The trees usually bloom starting in late January but this year, just like last year, Mother Nature has been confused. I took these pics today, lilac colored Jacarandas will bloom in a few months and I'll take pics then.

031618 018.JPG 031618 019.JPG 031618 021.JPG 031618 022.JPG 031618 023.JPG 031618 024.JPG 031618 025.JPG 031618 026.JPG 031618 027.JPG .

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Someone a few weeks ago said that in SoCal there are only cacti, palms and succulents. Well, here's to show that this is not true. There is not a cactus or succulent among these pics and recycled water is used throughout. The embankments are all within a short walk from where I live, just at the side of the road. The trees usually bloom starting in late January but this year, just like last year, Mother Nature has been confused. I took these pics today, lilac colored Jacarandas will bloom in a few months and I'll take pics then.

View attachment 223013 View attachment 223014 View attachment 223015 View attachment 223016 View attachment 223017 View attachment 223018 View attachment 223019 View attachment 223020 View attachment 223021 .
So gorgeous -- thank you for sharing! Yes, as a second-generation So Cali born person, I can attest to that. Cacti, palms and succulents are my favorite plants, but all plants are pretty wonderful IMHO. Yes, it's almost like the winter started late this year and it's just now "normal" weather for our winter. I for one am very happy about it and want it to last as long as possible!
Jacarandas -- such a beautiful tree, if you don't have a car, a sidewalk, or anything else under them :sigh:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have any pictures of Lelia in the kitchen! But I am trying to clean it up a bit so I can take one.

We had a special St Patrick's day lunch today and the priest got us a dispensation to eat the corned beef today. So yummy.

Lelia's been kind of loving today. Perhaps the end of teenagerdom is in sight...

Status
Not open for further replies.