The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@foxxycat - Another fabulous set of photos! I'm especially fond of the sign, "Travel On Shoulder Prohibited;" given that there's a couple of feet of snow and ice covering it, one would expect so.

;)

The weather not being satisfied with appearing Spring-like, it's trying hard to be Summer here on Lake Ontario's south shore, and the temperature has already climbed into the fifties, headed for 60º - Fahrenheit, of course. At 60º Celsius I'd be getting ready to cook my eggs on the driveway.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
There's a big storm heading south and west. My son was in the panhandle of Idaho yesterday and he was snowed in with the big rig he drives. Was stuck in a Walmart parking lot with about 30 other big trucks. His little dog which rides with him was very unhappy with the snow as he did not get all the walks he wants and he got back into the truck as fast as he could when he had to get out. Finally got to his destination in Kalispell, MT by 6 pm, an hour too late to unload so was stuck there until this morning. Still more snow coming down so he has to drive with chains on which means he can't go faster than 30 mph, that will make him late for the next stop. As he will be going south that storm will be following him or maybe dump snow in front of him, making him even later. What's positive about this? The storm will hit Central California in a day or so and maybe dump some snow, and certainly some rain there, and if we are very lucky will even get some rain in Southern California. We need it badly as we have had only 2 days of rain this winter. We are not even complaining about the forecast of frost which means the farmers have to protect their oranges and avocados from it. The cold will cause higher heating bills but if we get rain we won't even mind that. So overall, the storm is a positive thing, at least here, it will also cause my fur balls staying close to me - cuddle time is here!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@alicia88 One PAWSitive thing to start with is that I've never been to that restaurant and I never will! ;)
segelkatt segelkatt Agree 100% and seconding that hope for RAIN. Both Lil BUB and Grumpy Cat say we should get some later in the 10-day. *PRAYERS* it actually happens!
And most PAWSitively of all, Happy PURRthday, Dudley! Brian007 Brian007 *and many, many more, in good health, happiness, and love!* :bday::celebrate::bunnydance::dunce::jester::party::party2::party3::woohoo:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's my cat, Dudley's, 2nd birthday today. :bday: Hip, hip, hurray! Here's to many more happy days....
Brian007 Brian007 - Tell Dudley, "Happy Second BirdDay," from all of us at TCS!

We're getting a light mist of rain here now, and the river is fogged over, lending an almost dreamlike quality to the landscape. All in all, it was a gorgeous day here!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy birthday to Dudley Brian007 Brian007 !

My pawsitive was having the day off. I forced myself to go to the gym and I'm going to have Thai take out with the bf and his parents tonight. I'm really glad that I like his family so much. Makes doing family stuff really pleasant.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bday: Dudley:dancingblackcat:
Brian007 Brian007

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - Same in Ottawa, light misty rain this afternoon. Lots of melt the past two days but still plenty of snow and ice.

View attachment 219571

Both Taz and Zoe were on the front step this morning, before the light rain. Zoe ventured down the walkway as it was dry and not too cold on the paws.
Double fluff on an amazing tree -- who wouldn't feel PAWSitive seeing this great pic? Two very, very fine felines there, Shane Kent Shane Kent :creampersian::silver:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - Same in Ottawa, light misty rain this afternoon. Lots of melt the past two days but still plenty of snow and ice.
Shane Kent Shane Kent - This was taken just after the invisible sun dipped below the hill just beyond the river. The camera sees better than I do; in the flesh, it was foggy enough that I wished I'd dropped a trail of gumdrops out to the foxes' feeding station - although they probably would have spoiled my dinner.

misty.jpg

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUDLEY !!! :clover: :bluebutterfly: :daisy: :purplebutterfly: :daisy: :butterfly: :daisy: :bliss: Brian007 Brian007 , what a pretty fondant cake with the beautiful birds! R raysmyheart and Speedy wish you many more.

There is a very mild, gentle rain here tonight on the way home. The fog is beautiful rising off of the recent snowfall, but not enough fog to obscure my view of my best friend Speedy sitting in the window watching me come home.

Last night there was no fog but a pinkish sunset on the way home.

20180218_174231.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DUDLEY !!! :clover: :bluebutterfly: :daisy: :purplebutterfly: :daisy: :butterfly: :daisy: :bliss: Brian007 Brian007 , what a pretty fondant cake with the beautiful birds! R raysmyheart and Speedy wish you many more.

There is a very mild, gentle rain here tonight on the way home. The fog is beautiful rising off of the recent snowfall, but not enough fog to obscure my view of my best friend Speedy sitting in the window watching me come home.

Last night there was no fog but a pinkish sunset on the way home.

View attachment 219607
R raysmyheart - What a beautiful photo! The fog here rolled in so early that the sunset was quite nearly in black and white.

As much as it sounds like some crazy appliance store commercial, it's Summer in February in the north east - sixties beginning tomorrow, and temperatures as high as the low 70s on Wednesday in most of New England. Quite a contrast from this:

Mid-February 2015 North American blizzard - Wikipedia

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@foxxycat - Another fabulous set of photos! I'm especially fond of the sign, "Travel On Shoulder Prohibited;" given that there's a couple of feet of snow and ice covering it, one would expect so.

;)

The weather not being satisfied with appearing Spring-like, it's trying hard to be Summer here on Lake Ontario's south shore, and the temperature has already climbed into the fifties, headed for 60º - Fahrenheit, of course. At 60º Celsius I'd be getting ready to cook my eggs on the driveway.
You liked that road sign? How about this one from Everglades National Park? The tour guides are all ready to go to work! :lol: :running:

Brian007 Brian007 Happy birthday Dudley!! :bunnydance::celebrate::bday:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , I remember the 2015 Blizzard, that is when I joined the catsite.com. I remember members posting about their experiences.

Lari Lari , my pretty Lelia catching the rain.

Something very paw-sitive today, I have been out sick last week from work. As I returned to work, I was happy because my bosses were happy to see me and welcomed me, I am sitting here saying, wow, what great supervisors and co-workers I do have. I really want to go the distance for them, in return. I thank God for them.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You liked that road sign? How about this one from Everglades National Park? The tour guides are all ready to go to work! :lol: :running:

Brian007 Brian007 Happy birthday Dudley!! :bunnydance::celebrate::bday:

Kat0121 Kat0121 - Oh, please... those are just alligators.

catsign.jpg

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine , I remember the 2015 Blizzard, that is when I joined the catsite.com. I remember members posting about their experiences.
R raysmyheart - Quite a difference between now and then, eh? You're little neck of the woods might break seventy degrees on Wednesday; Enjoy it while you can!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I love those road signs! Here are a few I've spotted while out and about in Japan.

I think they were just kidding about the first one.

Tateshina30.jpg

They weren't kidding about this one though.
Walk51.jpg

Here's one I saw in the UK. :flail:
UK3.jpg

Mr Husband went off at about 5 am this morning, muttering about a mountain that had to be climbed up or slid down or something. A few hours later he sent me this. Apparently ski lifts are for wimps. You have to strap your snowboard to your back, hike up and then slide back down again. :dunno:
Ski13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.