The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Dudley thanks you for all your pawsitive birthday greetings yesterday. This is him all tired out, snuggled against my leg.

IMG_1974.jpg

This is also pawsitive because it shows how calm and content Dudley is since starting his new 'calming' treatments and food. He wouldn't sit next to me before even though it was obvious that he wanted to. It's wonderful to have my fluffy all happy beside me.

:cloud9:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr Husband went off at about 5 am this morning, muttering about a mountain that had to be climbed up or slid down or something. A few hours later he sent me this. Apparently ski lifts are for wimps. You have to strap your snowboard to your back, hike up and then slide back down again. :dunno:
Norachan Norachan - Trails have to be hiked, mountains have to be climbed (and slid down), and rivers have to be explored. You knew that when you met him. You could have Married one of those chaps who only goes outside to get in the car.

;)

60º Fahrenheit here; 16º Celsius; 289 Kelvin; Open All The Windows! Cat.

A few small areas of standing water are all that remain of what little Winter we've had here, and the ten day forecast shows nothing below the freezing mark, let alone below zero. Here in the northeast, it's a good day to hike a trail, and a very, very bad day for snowboarding. :)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's my cat, Dudley's, 2nd birthday today. :bday: Hip, hip, hurray! Here's to many more happy days....
Sorry I'm late to the party, any leftovers? :wink: Happy Belated 2nd Birthday, Dudley! :gift:

My BIG news today is that I went to the dentist this morning and had them load me up with novocaine so I wouldn't feel a thing. It worked and for me this is very, very pawsitive news. :yess:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
neely neely I always tell my dentist to shoot me before he starts work. He laughs and so do I. I've told him that if he doesn't shoot me first, he'll find me on the ceiling. :insertevillaugh:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine Wild Snowshoes at large? With dangerously long, sharp fangs and scimitar claws? YIKES! :crackup:

Really quite cool here (for here) -- not even supposed to hit 60F today and going down almost to freezing tonight. Loving this, and looking forward to 3-cat nights for the forseeable future. :cloud9:

Not my sort of music, but it's Kurt Cobain's anniversary and one thing I do know about him that's PAWSitive is that he loved cats and kittens:
kurtkitten.jpg

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's been a nice day. I hasn't stopped raining, but it was nice, gentle rain, not depressing at all.

I've studied, exercised while watching a French movie and had "the Mother lf all Showers" afterwards, listening to music and singing as loud as I wanted meanwhile :)

Best part lf the day, however, was probably this:

IMG_20180220_211248_228.JPG

It is the second time in a row that I see them sleeping almost touching each other .nd it makes me soooo happy seeing them like this. And no, Freya is not giving me the stink eye, she is really sending me an eye kiss :p

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's sixty-three degrees here at eight o'clock - one day away from beginning the final week of February - and the sky is filled with ships stars. The Wodliparri is clearly marked, with no help from Phil Farmer's Riverworld necessary. It's a beautiful night out there.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very beautiful and mild night here also, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine . I carried Speedy outside for several minutes and of course, she always hears things that I cannot, looking this way and that. Soon, when the days get longer, it will be time to go for our treasured walks. :) Then, there will be our after-dark walks where she loves to leap after moths! It is quite a wonderful site. :)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So a lady in my tap dance class has a calico like Lelia where the orange is more of a brownish/tannish and calls her cat's color "chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream."

I like it and may steal it.
I think that's great Lari Lari ! Sometimes I look at the fur on Speedy's back and I tell her she looks like a marble cake or a cafe latte.:dunno:

My very paw-sitive is that Speedy does not mind getting her nails clipped at all. She never did mind. Maybe it is because I tickle her toes or the treat she gets after? ;)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's wonderfully, unseasonably warm here also. My kids and I stood outside looking at the stars for a few minutes after we got groceries. The winter sky is SO beautiful but usually too cold to enjoy. They said they saw a rocket ship too. I said it was a plane but they said it has to be a rocket ship because it was moving too fast for a plane! :paranoid: :lol:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's wonderfully, unseasonably warm here also. My kids and I stood outside looking at the stars for a few minutes after we got groceries. The winter sky is SO beautiful but usually too cold to enjoy.
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles - The Winter sky is indeed beautiful - and having the chance to see the moon again was dazzling on so clear an evening.

They said they saw a rocket ship too. I said it was a plane but they said it has to be a rocket ship because it was moving too fast for a plane! :paranoid: :lol:
It's nice to know that kids haven't changed all that much since the fifties. We saw rocket ships almost every night - before there ever were any rocket ships.

Officially here, as the hour hand climbs midnight, it's 69º F:

upload_2018-2-20_23-44-18.png

although unofficially, the thermometer says seventy degrees. Time to go back outside - to look for rocket ships.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
So a lady in my tap dance class has a calico like Lelia where the orange is more of a brownish/tannish and calls her cat's color "chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream."

I like it and may steal it.
Oh, I love that! I always tell my orange tabby boy that he reminds me of gingerbread and ice cream.

:drool:

Brian007 Brian007 I'm glad he had a nice birthday.

:bday:

1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine You're right, if he was the kind of guy who sat in front of the TV all day I'd be bored of him by now.

My positive for the day is that I had a long yoga practice this morning and was able to hold some arm balances much better than I usually can.

:yess:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom , I saw this while shopping the other day and thought of you and the beautiful cake you made.
(Watch out for cake snatchers, however).;) -
That's cute!

My positive is that we normally go away for a long weekend up north in April or May. My brother texted last night to see if we wanted to use one of his timeshare certificates, so we are getting a free week instead.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine You're right, if he was the kind of guy who sat in front of the TV all day I'd be bored of him by now.
Norachan Norachan - Bored? If he'd been a couch potato, you wouldn't even have given him a second look.

;)

February 21st and it was Plus 9 degrees Celsius when I left for work at 6:20.

View of the sunrise at work this morning.

View attachment 219718

That was at 6:55 and now at 9:15 it is clouded over and raining.

Seeing that an icy rainy day isn't very Pawsitive, Zoe on the black pet couch with a tiny stuffed toy:)

View attachment 219719
Shane Kent Shane Kent - Another beauty of a photo - and that lone tree really is something - mysterious and majestic at once. If you cropped the edges, this could be the cover of a Tolkien book.

Our overnight rain seems to have run its course, and the temperature is almost on the right side of 40º again, and headed in the proper direction. The forecast is for 40s and 50s through the week, and I have an hunch that there will be crocus and perhaps daffodils in evidence by week's end here. Mildest February I've seen in my Lifetime.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Another great day folks! Forecast to be 70! It was 32 at my house this morning-clouds and fog. I thought I saw the sun poke out a few times this morning. Should be more melting going on. Still a foot of snow at my house but not much snow here at work. Lots of melting snow! I am ready for spring!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what they are called but the big silver maple gets these reddish clusters like buds but not leaf buds (maybe they make the "helicopters" that the cats love?) and they are starting to turn green and open. :cheerleader:
MoochNNoodles MoochNNoodles - they do, indeed, make the helicopter-like schizocarps - the winged seeds or 'samaras' from which Maples reproduce. The florets which are currently opening are just that - the flowers which produce the seeds. Look closely at the clusters of florets and you'll see two distinct types of flowers. The staminate florets, which are bundles of stamens crowned with red or yellow pollen are the boys, and the pistilate florets, which are groups of deep red pistils, are the girls.

As the pollen on the staminate florets matures, the moisture content declines, and it "fluffs up" to become the wind-borne yellow stuff that covers your car and driveway. The spent staminate florets then wither and fall from the tree, to become the red stuff which covers your car and driveway. When viable pollen successfully finds its way onto a pistil, the female flower is pollinated, and begins forming fruit like any other fruit tree, which matures into the brown "helicopters" which cover your car and driveway.

If you have hedges, a lawn or a garden, roughly 129% of the seeds will be viable, instantly sprouting Maple trees with infiltrate everything they touch, and which require an army to weed out of the flower beds and hedges. If your neighbours have Maple trees, these seeds too will find their way into your hedges, lawn or flower beds. If you're without a greenscape, the seeds will attach themselves to the smallest particles of soil on your driveway or patios, sometimes growing sixty feet overnight, their roots boring through your hardscapes like tunnel boring machines - but it won't really matter, since you won't need your driveway because your windshields will be so encrusted with effluvia that you'll never be able to drive the cars again.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.