The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a cake carrier that would fit that cake perfectly so no touching necessary 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine :anticipation:

Today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day. When I was in my favorite coffee shop this afternoon someone paid me a complement and asked for a referral. I not only volunteered the requested information but gave them a link for a very generous discount. :thumbsup: Off to spread some more kindness: Random Acts Of Kindness Day
That is AMAZING! I've never heard of such tradition, but I think it should be one in each country. Maybe we could then modify it and make it a whole week. Then a month. Then a year... and so on. Hope for humankind :)

My little pawsitive tonight is that Freya and Lutari "touched noses" an hour ago, so I tjink there is a chance they will eventually become good friends :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I know this is rampant consumerism rather than pawsitive, but it feels pretty jolly pawsitive to me.. :lol:
I managed to save up enough pennies to buy a Smart TV. It's incredible! (I know many of you know that, but to me it's like being a kid in a lolly shop.. what will I watch next? When will I ever get to bed?? :lol::lol:) I can see some serious rationing happening very soon, but it's the weekend, so.. just one more episode...

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We only get 4 channels on our tv so I spend a lot of time rewatching dvds. I just checked the mail from yesterday and I received the PBS series Poldark. Yeah! Something NEW to watch!
weebeasties weebeasties - The television here allegedly receives 318 channels. The last time it was on - a little over a year ago - I watched a rerun of The Andy Griffith Show.

Quite a different story outside, however. There are Snowdrops in abundance just outside the windows, and a walk in the bright sunny yard will be required to turn up whatever else might be blooming - in February!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
neely neely - I have a cake carrier that it would fit in perfectly too, and mine has a shirt covering it. Wait! A lid. I meant, "mine has a lid covering it!"
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine LOL, this reminds me of the old Tom Paxton song for a commercial, "My Dog's Bigger Than Your Dog."
My pawsitive news of the day is quite simple, i.e. after last night's wind and snow the sun is shining brightly today.:sunshine:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine LOL, this reminds me of the old Tom Paxton song for a commercial, "My Dog's Bigger Than Your Dog."
My pawsitive news of the day is quite simple, i.e. after last night's wind and snow the sun is shining brightly today.:sunshine:
neely neely - "Ah, yes - I remember it well."

;)

A lot less going on in the woods than I'd hoped for today; a few Snowdrops, mostly still closed up, and just the beginnings of Daffodil noses poking out to get an idea of when it might be safe to show themselves - and not a Crocus in sight. A few ducks enjoyed the open water again, and on the way back up the hill, I nearly switched off the power on the camera to save battery life since the sky was getting dark anyway. Just to my right, something - a gull, I imagined - glided past, and I turned to realise that it wasn't a gull, and clicked the shutter - just before I'd stopped moving the camera, resulting in what is certainly a contender for the world's worst photo of a Snowy Owl.

snowy_owl.jpg

So what? How often do you walk through the back yard and see a Great Snowy Owl fifteen meters away?

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@AbbysMom That cake looks delicious! Looks like in addition to catnapper we have cake nappers!!
:redtongue::redtongue::redtongue::redtongue::flail::flail::flail::flail:
foxxycat foxxycat - Please! We in the vocation prefer to call it, "Confection Procurement."

;)

Lord but those are wonderful photos!

Here, our white stuff is limited to a few piles left over from snowblowing. Awwww.... :(

;)

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All the photos are wonderful! 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine that is quite a capture. foxxycat foxxycat , you seem to have gotten about the same as here in Central Mass, but, today all day, the sun was bright and when I looked out, the pine trees looked so green against the perfect blue sky. My other paw-sitive is that recently, I've been the recipient of much caring and compassion on this site.

A very paw-sitive is that my nephew is working for a major league sports team here in Massachusetts., he is just one year out of college and I am very glad for him, for this opportunity.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine isn't there also an element of Confectionary Quality Control in there somewhere? *Please, won't ya save me a skinny sliver of that? I'm pretty discerning when it comes to, uh, quality control...* :insertevillaugh::yummy:
So many gorgeous snow photos! *Envying you all*
No rain here, and none forecast, but at least next week is supposed to be quite a lot cooler, which means probably ALL cats on deck (bed) at night. I'll take it! :cloud9::dancingblackcat::kneading::cutecat:
A fairly new twitter pal says I'm being a major positive influence, and that makes me very happy. Any time is a good time for more PAWSitive, yes? :geekcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're about to go out for dinner. We're treating ourselves with our state refund. The rest is going to baby stuff and bills. And we'll be saving our federal refund for moving.
Alicia88 Alicia88 Sounds like full steam ahead and all good PAWSitive things. Enjoy your dinner! I don't remember what going out to dinner is :think: but I hope yours is great.

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine isn't there also an element of Confectionary Quality Control in there somewhere? *Please, won't ya save me a skinny sliver of that? I'm pretty discerning when it comes to, uh, quality control...* :insertevillaugh::yummy:
So many gorgeous snow photos! *Envying you all*
No rain here, and none forecast, but at least next week is supposed to be quite a lot cooler, which means probably ALL cats on deck (bed) at night. I'll take it! :cloud9::dancingblackcat::kneading::cutecat:
A fairly new twitter pal says I'm being a major positive influence, and that makes me very happy. Any time is a good time for more PAWSitive, yes? :geekcat:
And I know two kitties that used to be feral that would say they know you are a Mega Pawsitive Human:) You and @ondine are definitely Mega Pawsitive people as well as all the other members on here.

Then there are the gonna get your cake and kitty people we will not mention, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and his cohorts, that we all must put up security lighting and cameras for. Thanks, like I needed the extra expenses!

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I know two kitties that used to be feral that would say they know you are a Mega Pawsitive Human:) You and @ondine are definitely Mega Pawsitive people as well as all the other members on here.

Then there are the gonna get your cake and kitty people we will not mention, 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and his cohorts, that we all must put up security lighting and cameras for. Thanks, like I needed the extra expenses!
TYSVM, Shane Kent Shane Kent but hey, as long as 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine shares a little bitta that cake after he liberates it, it's cool with me :insertevillaugh: Just a SLIVER, I'm sayin' :yummy:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Norachan Norachan - The similarities between your place and mine are amazing. This is my little path down to the river in Winter:

View attachment 219203

You live in a wonderful place, my Friend.
That picture looks like it could have been taken anywhere around here.

:agree:

My positive for the day is that I've got all the chores done before noon and I'm working 5 pm to 11 pm today, so that means I've got the whole afternoon to do as I please.

:bliss:

I think I'll go for a walk as soon as I've finished my coffee.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know this is rampant consumerism rather than pawsitive, but it feels pretty jolly pawsitive to me.. :lol:
I managed to save up enough pennies to buy a Smart TV. It's incredible! (I know many of you know that, but to me it's like being a kid in a lolly shop.. what will I watch next? When will I ever get to bed?? :lol::lol:) I can see some serious rationing happening very soon, but it's the weekend, so.. just one more episode...
Congrats on your new purchase! We recently got a smart tv as well. At first, I was a bit disappointed in it, because everything looked strange. I'm no connoisseur, but shows I knew to be quite pretty in the cinematography dept. looked as if they were filmed with a cheap digital camera. Everything looked hyper realistic. Some fiddling with the settings eventuallyade it a bit better...or maybe I just got used to it. Nature shows, like Planet Earth, are really fun to watch on one of these new-fangled contraptions. As are newer movies filmed with HD viewing in mind.

Speaking of, we've had quite a bit of fun this week with "Round Earth," which is a spoof on the entire nature show genre. Humor is always a positive addition after work, especially that which reminds one to not take oneself too seriously. :p

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like Mondays; that's why I prefer to work from home on that day.
With Missy around and with plenty of sweets and treats in the fridge, working on Monday is always a great pleasure.

Missy started her day by inspecting my desk and reported "all clear" for a productive working day.

IMG_6943.JPG

Last edited:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Another lovely day here in cold NH. Got a cool photo of sunrise and ice/snow. I don't know why but I am fascinated by the ice on the ledges here-always loved the look of ice.

When I got home most of the snow has already started to melt-the roof has an inch or less. I shoveled the deck off of 4 inches so Miss Honeybee can play outside this week. We are supposed to get in the high 60s by Thursday-which means more bike riding! YAY~!

20180219_062914.jpg

20180219_063023.jpg

This was yesterday morning.

20180217_062540.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.