The Mega Pawsitive Fundraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Although I generally don't click on any "suggested links" online, (I don't want to give the advertising algorithms the satisfaction of being right,) I was tempted by the offering of a YouTube video cartoon entitled "Simon's Cat." I am pretty glad I clicked on it, as they are short, cute cartoons that humorously depict the lives of cats (and owners.) Here is the short which drew me in:

But there are tons of other cute videos on their channel, as well as a "Simons Cat: Logic" series which uses the cartoon, (and cat experts,) to explore common cat behaviors. Those who like British humor will especially appreciate the cartoon, but any cat lover will recognize the movements and behaviors in the titular character. :kitty:

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Although I generally don't click on any "suggested links" online, (I don't want to give the advertising algorithms the satisfaction of being right,) I was tempted by the offering of a YouTube video cartoon entitled "Simon's Cat." I am pretty glad I clicked on it, as they are short, cute cartoons that humorously depict the lives of cats (and owners.) Here is the short which drew me in:

But there are tons of other cute videos on their channel, as well as a "Simons Cat: Logic" series which uses the cartoon, (and cat experts,) to explore common cat behaviors. Those who like British humor will especially appreciate the cartoon, but any cat lover will recognize the movements and behaviors in the titular character. :kitty:
Oh, my friend Diana and I love those cartoons, we've been sharing them on Facebook for a couple of years, I think. They always make me smile :)

It is another cloudy day in Gijón. The sky is not blue, but pearly grey and white and I think that it will start raining in half an hour or so. I like it, hearing the rain is very comforting, and I find it difficult to sleep without that sound :)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As @Brian007 might say, "'tis a dreich day ootside, an' a fret's come in; ye'd need be a glaekit drookit eejit t' be takin' a wee donner in the coille today." That is, it's

The rest of the week? It looks like February - but more like February in Texas than in western New York, with highs near sixty degrees predicted as the new week begins. The river's breaking up now (aye, lassies and laddies - I'm a bit of a glaekit drookit eejit), and the path through the woods is bereft of snow cover. E'en wi' Even with the mist, it's a glorious day here!

Eejit Edit: I see that we now have our weather forecasts from Spain, Belgium and America. Shane Kent Shane Kent - how are things in Glocca Morra Canada?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah, tinydestroyer tinydestroyer -- welcome to the world of Simon's CAT! They are amazing videos, aren't they?
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine You should have gotten that book. You NEED that book. ;) And TSM for the Sinatra. One of the great things about living in these times is you can love anything you want to and find almost anything you want to online. Me, I love Sinatra! Truly one of the GOATs! :cool2:

And to add to the PAWSitive, it's FRIDAY. Repeat, FRIDAY. :cloud9:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - The temperature in Ottawa dipped earlier and it was snowing this morning. Snow has stopped and the temperature is going down further tonight. We didn't get much snow. Supposed to be below zero Celsius tomorrow and above on Sunday. I don't imagine Taz or Zoe will go outside this weekend as it is still icy and wet and not likely to change over the weekend. Oh well, maybe next weekend.

Karen is working tonight so I get all four kitties to myself:) I might setup a couple of video cameras if the gang seem like they will co-operate.:camera:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine - The temperature in Ottawa dipped earlier and it was snowing this morning. Snow has stopped and the temperature is going down further tonight. We didn't get much snow. Supposed to be below zero Celsius tomorrow and above on Sunday. I don't imagine Taz or Zoe will go outside this weekend as it is still icy and wet and not likely to change over the weekend. Oh well, maybe next weekend.

Karen is working tonight so I get all four kitties to myself:) I might setup a couple of video cameras if the gang seem like they will co-operate.:camera:

Shane Kent Shane Kent - It looks like you're in for better weather in a few days as well:

upload_2018-2-16_19-43-15.png

I never thought that Groundhog had much of a future as a meteorologist.

A trace of cloud cover here tonight, but a partly starry sky is still much better than snow clouds!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Something really exciting happened today - all my parent chaperones and students made it to the meeting place at the end of our field trip on time today! If you're not a teacher, you might not know how rare that is. :p

Three day weekend! So ready to relax.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Especially if you live somewhere like you with the possibility of lake effect snow, yikes.

View attachment 219116
Shane Kent Shane Kent - It's not so bad. We've never had more than 88 inches of snow fall at once; not like Norachan Norachan 's digs on Mount Fuji. I can't imagine living somewhere like Illiyama, where they think that a seven foot snowfall is, "a dusting." Here's a shot (courtesy of Weather Underground) of a thirteen foot snowfall there in March of 2006:

Thirteen feet, Shane. That's three feet taller than a U.S. Marine.

;)

Our frail cloud has dissipated entirely now, and to borrow unabashédly from Longfellow, "the sky is filled with stars...." It's a beautiful night out there.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Super PAWsitive news! My best friend got a new cat yesterday from the humane society! She's been wanting to get one for a while, but they are a military family, and moved a lot. Now that they're staying put, she decided it was finally time to adopt! Here is the little cutie:

IMG_9216.JPG

She's named him Banzai because he has issues with his depth perception and balance, but he's a playful little guy who still charges full steam ahead! He's 5 months old. I personally think black cats are especially cool. Also, since her human BFF (me,) is a bit cross-eyed, too, I have a good feeling about their lifelong friendship! :heartshape:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We got off pretty lightly this winter as far as snow and ice are concerned. It only got to around 30 cm and there were no trees down this year. This is the "road" that leads to my house a few winters back. The snow was waist deep.

Snow3.jpg

We had 2 meters of snow one night when I was still living down in the village. Everything closed and it took a couple of days for us all to dig our way out.
Snow27.jpg

I almost want it to snow this week so I can try horse riding through it on my next day off.

:crossfingers:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got off pretty lightly this winter as far as snow and ice are concerned. It only got to around 30 cm and there were no trees down this year. This is the "road" that leads to my house a few winters back. The snow was waist deep.

View attachment 219152
Norachan Norachan - The similarities between your place and mine are amazing. This is my little path down to the river in Winter:

path_head.jpg

You live in a wonderful place, my Friend.

We're passing the freezing mark as I type this, and our seven day forecast now shows temperatures not only in the fifties, but in the sixties as well. To echo the above remark, "we got off pretty lightly this Winter." Here, "lightly," is an understatement.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to a dinner party tonight for a 50th birthday and I'm in charge of the cake. :eek2: I'm pleased with how it's come out. It's a carrot cake with a layer of cinnamon cheesecake in the middle. I just need to get it there in one piece now. :lol:

View attachment 219204 View attachment 219205

AbbysMom AbbysMom - Moving something like this requires great care and a delicate touch. Send me your address, and I'll be glad to come over to get it, and will deliver it for you. Honestly.

Our thaw has slowed a little bit, meaning a reduced chance of flooding all around - a very good thing this time of year.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
AbbysMom AbbysMom - Moving something like this requires great care and a delicate touch. Send me your address, and I'll be glad to come over to get it, and will deliver it for you. Honestly.
I have a cake carrier that would fit that cake perfectly so no touching necessary 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine :anticipation:

Today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day. When I was in my favorite coffee shop this afternoon someone paid me a complement and asked for a referral. I not only volunteered the requested information but gave them a link for a very generous discount. :thumbsup: Off to spread some more kindness: Random Acts Of Kindness Day

Status
Not open for further replies.