The "Look what I received from my Secret Santa" Thread - 2008

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Those look very popular! I may have to get one of those!
they look like something a big boy would enjoy - like Smudge & Chip!
Amy - you said you were going to take a break... is it too late to order one or 2 of those?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, DH and I opened up the presents late last night after I got near confirmation that my Secret Santa was Eileen (eilcon)!!!

First of all, I'd like to say that I had to be the most challenging person on this site. I have literally a closet full of pet toys and beds and I told my SS that I didn't want any of those. DH has hundreds of CD's, and our friend lends us any DVD's that we might want to watch, so those were out also. Talk about being difficult!!

But with that said, Eileen did a fantastic job picking out the perfect things.

The box arrived yesterday as I was shopping. The return address was from Cincinnati and there were no other clues in the box. And for the record Eileen, "the feral nun" by your name was the final giveaway, seeing that the present had a return address of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati!

I opened up the box and put the presents on the table. Of course Scarlett had to inspect the box while Koko picked out the presents for her:

Koko found them. A bag loaded with Feline Greenies:

I decided not to open presents until I figured out who my SS was. Thanks to a few people that I won't mention, I put it together. But in the mean time, the cats had a great time rolling in the paper and the box:

Spanky and Scarlett:

Stumpy:

Scarlett, and for the record, this was taken later in the evening (doesn't she look good in wrapping paper?):

Then our "puppies" got their treats:

Lola, Spike and Sam had never had liver flavored snacks before. Oh my they absolutely loved them!!!

And finally, we unwrapped all of the gifts. Here is the big haul:

And the very coolest gift was one that came from Peru. I have native American (mostly southwest, some central American) decorations in deep earth tones. This is a hand woven wool mat with cats on it. I have been collecting wool mats like this for many years, and Eileen had no idea that I did that. Talk about a perfect gift!

And last, the kids snicky snacks. I haven't opened up the Greenies yet, as I'm going to tempt mine over to me with them when the vet shows up in a little while.

If you can't see everything in the picture, I received:
The wool cat mat
A vanilla scented candle
A jigsaw puzzle of the windows of the world (I love puzzles)
Cat coasters (I was looking for new ones this past week)
Christmas soap
Moose Munch (my all time favorite snack)
Mixed nuts (another favorite snack)
Ghiradelli hot chocolate (that gets opened tonight)
An inspiration book - Love Adds a Little Chocolate (can't wait to start that)
Feline Greenies
Dog liver snacks
And who can forget the big ol' bad of hershey's kisses?!?!?

Eileen - you're the best!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

they look like something a big boy would enjoy - like Smudge & Chip!
Amy - you said you were going to take a break... is it too late to order one or 2 of those?
Nope, not too late - PM me if you want one. My doctor's appointment got delayed until 1/6.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!!!!!!! My camera ran out of batteries as I was taking my last picture of my Secret Santa package so I'm charging it right now.....but I figured out who my Secret Santa is (I think).......There were TONS of clues, but the biggest one was "Isabella, Kojak and Velvet"

So I believe my Secret Santa is Nikki, Starry Eyed Tiger........am I correct????

P. S. I LOVE everything, but I'm making the kitties wait until Christmas to get their gifts!

Pics to follow!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

Hello everyone!!!!!!! My camera ran out of batteries as I was taking my last picture of my Secret Santa package so I'm charging it right now.....but I figured out who my Secret Santa is (I think).......There were TONS of clues, but the biggest one was "Isabella, Kojak and Velvet"

So I believe my Secret Santa is Nikki, Starry Eyed Tiger........am I correct????

P. S. I LOVE everything, but I'm making the kitties wait until Christmas to get their gifts!

Pics to follow!
Yay! That's who I would guess from those hints!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK..... Just so Jan doesn't flip her lid and go completely insane... I opened another gift last night. We are so busy at work and with all the snow we've been getting it's been tough to get on and post, but here I am, having a couple of spare moments, so I am going to put up the pics.

Here is Kitters with her mouse, waiting for me to open the gift!
Picked a very heavy, squishy present. Thought it might be another ROCK!

She wanted to play with her mousey more than anything even though I was trying to open my pressie!

And what I got was a very lovely smelling candle, handmade I believe by Jan's sister. It smells like chocolate cake!!
I swear I didn't try to lick it either!

Thanks Jan!
Stay tuned for the next SS Pressie installment!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Great gifts everyone! The Cuddlers do really look like they are going over well... I wonder how Kitters would react to them.. Do they have catnip in them?
yes, they do. i'm ordering 3 of them!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OK..... Just so Jan doesn't flip her lid and go completely insane... I opened another gift last night. We are so busy at work and with all the snow we've been getting it's been tough to get on and post, but here I am, having a couple of spare moments, so I am going to put up the pics.

Here is Kitters with her mouse, waiting for me to open the gift!
Picked a very heavy, squishy present. Thought it might be another ROCK!

She wanted to play with her mousey more than anything even though I was trying to open my pressie!

And what I got was a very lovely smelling candle, handmade I believe by Jan's sister. It smells like chocolate cake!!
I swear I didn't try to lick it either!

Thanks Jan!
Stay tuned for the next SS Pressie installment!
Yep, that is one of my Sister's soy wax candles in chocolate cake flavor - er - scent. Great to burn or even warm on a candle warmer or in a microwave.

Glad to see Kitters enjoying her mouse!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad you like everything, Amy!
So much for me trying to be secretive, though.

The pictures are great! The puppies are adorable waiting for their treats and Scarlett is gorgeous in her wrapping paper.

I remember seeing in the hints thread that you like Native American decorations, so was hoping you'd appreciate the mat. I'm thrilled that you do!

It was fun having you as my SS!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My package came today but I wasn't home. DARNIT!! So I'm going to have to try to leave work in the morning, run to the downtown post office, and pick it up before they close early for the day! I can't wait!!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I would like a chocolate cookie please

I was feeling pretty miserable today so I decided to join the Dark Side

Here are the nicely wrapped packages. You can see that the lovely blue feather toy is already proving to be an object of interest to Marcie.

Included in the cat gifts were a pack of catnip socks, a pack of pretty blue assorted cat toys (I don't know what they are coated with, but I gave Marcie a mouse out of this pack and she has been playing with it for over an hour which I have never seen her do that - brilliant!), and a pop-up cat pyramid. Included in the other gifts were two pairs of cat socks that were unbelivably cute, pajamas (they fit and hubby Likes them!
), a bottle of Pinot Griggio that was in a beautiful gift sack, two cute notepads, some gnomes (the girls insisted in tipping them over), a cat statue, some chocolate trail mix, Hershey's dark chocolate pot of gold chocolates, and some plant sticks with cats on them. I LOVE everything! Thanks Patty!!!!!

Darcy has claimed the cat pyramid as her little house - it even has a doorbell!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Great gifts everyone! The Cuddlers do really look like they are going over well... I wonder how Kitters would react to them.. Do they have catnip in them?
Originally Posted by laureen227

yes, they do. i'm ordering 3 of them!
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Marinated in catnip even.
Oh yes- definitely lots of catnip! It created chaos with only one Cuddler and 3 cats who desperately wanted it!
. Would have been 5 but Ophelia got her own 'nip and Mojo chased Annie out of the room before I even opened the box so she got one of the honeysuckle toys, which hasn't been seen since.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad you all like everything!!
I had the box sitting for weeks, adding stuff
as I found it.
I hope the wine is good.
Let me know, I may have to try a bottle myself.

Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Ok, I would like a chocolate cookie please

I was feeling pretty miserable today so I decided to join the Dark Side

Here are the nicely wrapped packages. You can see that the lovely blue feather toy is already proving to be an object of interest to Marcie.

Included in the cat gifts were a pack of catnip socks, a pack of pretty blue assorted cat toys (I don't know what they are coated with, but I gave Marcie a mouse out of this pack and she has been playing with it for over an hour which I have never seen her do that - brilliant!), and a pop-up cat pyramid. Included in the other gifts were two pairs of cat socks that were unbelivably cute, pajamas (they fit and hubby Likes them!
), a bottle of Pinot Griggio that was in a beautiful gift sack, two cute notepads, some gnomes (the girls insisted in tipping them over), a cat statue, some chocolate trail mix, Hershey's dark chocolate pot of gold chocolates, and some plant sticks with cats on them. I LOVE everything! Thanks Patty!!!!!

Darcy has claimed the cat pyramid as her little house - it even has a doorbell!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pjk5900

I am so glad you all like everything!!
I had the box sitting for weeks, adding stuff
as I found it.
I hope the wine is good.
Let me know, I may have to try a bottle myself.
I have had several other varities from Barefoot and have been pleasantly surprised by all of them.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've had several Barefoot wines. The reds were perfectly acceptable, but undistinguished. I see in my wine log that we have a recommendation for the Pinot Grigio, from Rob Jr, who knows his wines and knows a good value, so that bodes well for it. We haven't actually had it yet, though, so I can't give you my own impression.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

Pics to follow!
You're correct!
I so glad you liked everything!!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone's getting such wonderful gifts! Good job Santas!

I'm back home now, and I can indeed confirm that there is a ginormous box from my SS, who is Helen (Bella713)!

Of course, being a steadfast member of the light side, it won't be opened until Christmas Eve at the earliest.