The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
every pound i regain means a lil bit more muscle mass along with being that much more stronger :biggrin:finally broke 140 on my last weighing for that mri i had to do.
I'd be happy to switch weights with you.

2.75 yesterday, halfway through today's 55 minute walk (currently stopped at Dunkin).

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So muggy today it took all my energy just to get myself out the door, so only managed 22 minutes and 2.08 km (1.29 mi). Better tomorrow, maybe. However, there's possible showers in the forecast, so it will likely still be humid.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Where is everyone? Surely I'm not the only one getting out there regularly. 🚶‍♀️

Rained Monday - no walk
Drizzle Tuesday - 25 minutes
Foggy/muggy today - 30 minutes, 2.64 km (1.64 mi)

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
We’ve officially hit summer. Last week was 105-108°. This week is supposed to get into the 115° range.
I keep telling myself it’s time for my late night walks again.
Today is weight training; upper body.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Where is everyone? Surely I'm not the only one getting out there regularly.
I've been walking! I got up early yesterday and walked for an hour before it go too hot, then did 40 minutes yoga in the afternoon. Today I started with an hour of yoga, then walked for an hour in the rain.

I'm giving my self a break from fence duty today. My wrist is getting really tired using the power tools. They're not that heavy, but my poor old arthritic bones are struggling with the amount of work they have to do.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've been doing 2.5-3.5 mile walks Saturday and Sunday mornings. Just added in the gym before work starting this week. Due to timing, I only get an hour in the gym each morning. Starting off slow with just a combo of bike, electrical, and/or treadmill at low intensity. Probably looking to add in weight later in the month or maybe do weights Saturday and Sunday before my walk..... haven't decided.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two miles today involved a wipeout about 2/3 through. I apparently tripped over absolutely nothing and skinned my knee badly and the palms of my hands a little. I was at like a 15 min 30 sec pace, but had to walk most of the rest of my distance and ruined it.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just got done with an hour workout, although the last half I did the bike on low. First week of the gym is on the books and I made it in every morning. Still debating if I am going to life weights before my walk tomorrow. Might do it just to keep my schedule normalized through the weekend so the early AM gets easier.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thursday: 30 minutes, Total distance: 2.80 km (1.74 mi)

No walk today. I was still outside at 8 AM working on my front garden that gets baked by the sun from morning till evening. Worked an hour, before coming in and showering off the dirt and sweat. 🛀

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've been trying to walk around 3 miles a day but am taking today off because of the rain and thunderstorms.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No walk for 2 days now. The humidity has won out.
Rain all next week too, so not looking good for walking.
Hopefully the weather will be better in August.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did three miles yesterday. I didn't run as much because the scab and bruise on my knee were bothering me some, but I still managed about 17:30 a mile.

60 minute walk today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm planning to get up early and walk tomorrow morning before it gets too hot. I've been doing lots of yoga. I found a new teacher on YouTube who does these really nice, bendy, stretchy yoga flows. It's a bit too sticky to do lots of vinyasa at the moment, but the warmer weather always means my flexibility is better so I'm making the most of that.

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm planning to get up early and walk tomorrow morning before it gets too hot. I've been doing lots of yoga. I found a new teacher on YouTube who does these really nice, bendy, stretchy yoga flows. It's a bit too sticky to do lots of vinyasa at the moment, but the warmer weather always means my flexibility is better so I'm making the most of that.
post a pict. of what a coach helps with....

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.