The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've had a good week. Yoga every day and lots of gardening and cleaning. The garden is just about done for now, so I did an hour of yoga and walked for an hour this afternoon. How's everyone else doing?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rained and/or was drizzly and cold all week here. Finally sunny and warm today, so will probably get in a walk or some garden work.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got back to Stroller Strides yesterday! M got fussy halfway though, so I had to wear her and modify half the workout, but better than nothing.

I feel so out of shape.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I went for a walk on Monday, set a pace and practiced my songs for the minstrel group. That was challenging, lol.
Weights yesterday.
Probably try to get another walk in tonight.
I haven’t been running because my knee has been popping a lot lately. 🫤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I've decided to train for a 5k I can't actually run because it's the evening of my birthday with the stroller strides crew because this baby weight isn't really budging.

Tuesday I walked/jogged 1.5 miles and yesterday I went to Stroller Strides. I'm planning to go to the cardio based class tonight to get today's 1.5 miles in.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've had a visitor from home over the past month so I haven't posted here much, but I've had plenty of exercise. We had a day sight seeing in Tokyo, then 2 and a half days in Kyoto. We did loads of walking, 3 to 6 hours each day, up and down hundreds of steps as we looked around the old temples.

Then we had a week here, but did some very long walks around the forest and lakes. Then three days on the Izu Peninsular, which was just gorgeous! I got up at 6 am to do yoga on the beach, as well as lots of walking and even a bit of a swim.

Not my pictures, but this is the beach we stayed near.

1685696956232.png
1685696989276.png

90 minutes walk yesterday, 90 minutes of yoga today. Feeling very refreshed after my trip to the sea side.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far in training:

5-30 1.5 mi jog
6-1 1.5 mi through class
6-3 1.5 mi jog
6-4 30 min walk
6-6 1.75 mi jog
6-8 1.5 mi jog
6-10 1.75 mi jog
6-11 35 min walk

I've been trying to up my intensity. I've gone from jogging for a count of 45 and walking to a count of 120, to jogging for a count of 65 and then walking for a count of 11.

Today's walk was to Dunkin and home, though, so maybe not the best training day.
20230611_113049.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good job Lari Lari When I first started jogging, after a very long break, I used to do "lampposts". That's where you jog between one set of lampposts, then walk between the second, jog between the third and so on. I miss running, but our roads are way too steep, rocky and uneven for me to risk it.

I've been doing a lot of yard work, I had loads of wood that I needed to move, a new shed to put up and some other DIY. I've done yoga every day and walked for 90 minutes yesterday.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good for you furmonster mom furmonster mom

I'm not doing so well today. I've had a cold for about 2 weeks now and it's turned into a really persistent dry cough. I started a one hour yoga routine yesterday, but only got 40 minutes done and then took an early shavasana for the rest of the time.

Today I can't even walk up and down the stairs without coughing. Going to the doctor tomorrow if it doesn't feel any better.

:ohwell:

lunch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am recovering from both a back injury and a head injury. Back wants exercise and head wants rest, it's such a balance. I get psyched out a lot from the recovery work but after reading this thread I'm feeling jazzed to get into it. Starting small, going to walk to the market and back this afternoon, and bring lots of water to sip :)

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Was standing on a chair to fix a smoke detector, stepped off and tweaked my knee something fierce. I believe I may have used my entire lexicon of colorful adult language all at once. The neighbors haven’t mentioned anything…. yet.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh dear, this is turning into the sickness and injury thread.

I've got a chest infection. My doctor prescribed loads of different medicine and told me to drink plenty of fluids and get some rest. Apart from a bit of outdoor work I haven't been able to do anything active. Usually by now I'd be having one of my didn't-get-enough-exercise tantrums, but I can't take deep enough breaths for that.

:lol:

Going to try some very gentle stretching today, because I get too stiff just sitting around.

Get well soon everyone!

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Weight training today. Lower body (legs).

Thankfully my trainer is giving me exercises that are low impact, but still work the muscles. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.