The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've got a chest infection. My doctor prescribed loads of different medicine and told me to drink plenty of fluids and get some rest. Apart from a bit of outdoor work I haven't been able to do anything active. Usually by now I'd be having one of my didn't-get-enough-exercise tantrums, but I can't take deep enough breaths for that.
Hope the meds work quickly, and you start to feel better soon.

Oh dear, this is turning into the sickness and injury thread.
Just to add my aches and pains, I think I have "tech neck". And walking would probably help, but the weather isn't co-operating. Tomorrow hopefully.

As for my neck pain, it seems I'm in good company.
‘Tech neck’ epidemic: How to treat the rise in chronic neck pain | Back and Spine | Orthopaedics and Rehab | UT Southwestern Medical Center

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I possibly have a shin splint, but I did my two miles yesterday and my training plan says 40 minute walk today.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
We're going to be able to make a TCS team for the Paralympics at this rate.

:lol:

I did an hour of yin yoga yesterday, which is where you hold deep stretchy poses for 20 to 30 slow breaths. Today I walked for 30 minutes then did another hour of yin yoga.

Still coughing and breathless, but feeling better than I did.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I possibly have a shin splint, but I did my two miles yesterday and my training plan says 40 minute walk today.
My 40 minute walk ended up being 55 minutes with a stop at a playground.

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise
We're going to be able to make a TCS team for the Paralympics at this rate.

:lol:

I did an hour of yin yoga yesterday, which is where you hold deep stretchy poses for 20 to 30 slow breaths. Today I walked for 30 minutes then did another hour of yin yoga.

Still coughing and breathless, but feeling better than I did.
Do a covid test box, just yesterday my neighbor went to a Minnesota high school sport event and came home positive!
I thought we were done with that...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Do a covid test
I don't think it can have been Covid. I didn't have a fever and the antibiotics seem to have cleared it up. I'm almost completely well now.

:)

I did an hour of yoga on Wednesday, a 45 minute walk yesterday and an hour of yoga and an hour walk today. Slowly working my way back up to me usual routine.

This is the first time for ages that I don't actually have any yard work to do, so I'm going to focus on longer yoga practices and some sitting out on the deck this week.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, I have to do 2.25 miles today and it's supposed to be like 89°. I feel like there's going to be a lot of walking.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
An hour of yoga and an hour walk on Sunday. 90 minutes yoga and an hour walk yesterday.

Starting on the outdoor work again today. About 4 hours of taking down the old fence, sorting out what can be recycled and preparing to put up the new bit.

It's very hot and sticky out there.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's monsoon season here so my outdoor work is only getting done between rain storms. I've done about an hour of yoga every day this week, as well as a couple of hours taking down the old fence and moving wood around. My arms hurt!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finally getting a bit of regular walking done.

Monday - just under 30 minutes

Friday - 33 minutes, 3.06 km
Saturday - 32 minutes, 2.91 km

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Well, you got me beat. I haven't been out for any walks so far this month. All my spare time is spent doing outdoor work, but I've been doing yoga every morning too. Hoping to have the enclosure fence completely renewed all the way round by the end of this month (I started doing it in March) and then I'll be back to my regular walks

Status
Not open for further replies.