The 2017 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
jtbo jtbo that bread looks good! No, we didn't try the Mongolian cuisine this time. I spent about a month backpacking around Mongolia so I remember the food. I ate a lot of sheep's yogurt and not much else. It's probably not the best place for a vegetarian to visit.

;)

Winchester Winchester . I don't think there are any wild wolves in Japan. Wouldn't it be exciting if there were? Not around here, of course, but some other part of Japan.

Great job with the bike rides foxxycat foxxycat

I've been doing yoga every day, but I'm having a break today. I have a cold and it's really difficult to breathe, I got worn out just doing the house work.

Back tomorrow I hope.

:crossfingers:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jtbo jtbo that bread looks good! No, we didn't try the Mongolian cuisine this time. I spent about a month backpacking around Mongolia so I remember the food. I ate a lot of sheep's yogurt and not much else. It's probably not the best place for a vegetarian to visit.

;)
I don't know anyone who really likes from Mongolian cuisine, but it is incredible how they manage with so little.

We have snow globe weather now, I wish I could go for a ride, but I guess I should recover from yesterday instead, so maybe a really long walk? :D
upload_2017-11-23_12-3-6.png

It is kind of hard to really capture all the snow in the air, there is so much of it missing from photo.
upload_2017-11-23_12-11-48.png

Last edited:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today only 30 minutes bike ride, I bought another carpet that was sold at Outlet price, also got groceries, but not much more, snow has been melting so there is too much slush on roads.

I entertain Norachan Norachan a little.

There is a song that I could not find lyrics, I have no idea what song is about, so I simply took liberty to write what I hear and that way find out lyrics and translation.
I hear it starts shiseru monotachi wa so translator spits out しせる ものたち わ

However it continues mei kagi wosamajori so I add that to translator and get しせる ものたち わ めい かぎ をさまじょり which probably starts to be complete nonsense :D

This is the song, what I'm surprised is that translator actually spits out some logical sentences in English from all that, first part is Things to do and that longer one is Those who will let you go, that is quite incredible, so with enough patience and effort I should be able to get whole song written down and I might even get completely ridiculous nonsense out from translator :D

I use that song when walking steep uphills, motivates to go faster.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
got a short ride in-the gate wouldn't open so had to bug someone toopen gate and still didn't work-then backtrack through anther way-lost 8 minutes. Went to bridge and back-found an ipad air on ground in middle of road-turned out guy had it on roof of truck and took off-I thought kid tossed it out window or was stolen...I blew up their facebook with various people trying to find them-they had a name/number on back of case-thank goodness otherwise I would never had found it. I creeped their facebook to find family members so I could get it returned...so that was my fun ride! It's smashed up but still works-they can get screen repaired. Just glad found owners-I am sure they were flipping out-didn't want to take to police-would have tossed in a box or it would walk off etc. Just don't trust people. So anyways hopefully I don't find anymore electronic items in the road.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Got a good ride in yesterday. It was chilly but I dressed in layers. It was snowing with the sun out too! some clouds off in the distance. Windy though. The wind helped push me up the steep hill by work-it was really cool. Oh and the ipad is back with the owners..I looked it up and looks like it's $500 to start- OMG. I bought an Amazon fire but it was only $99. I don't see myself spending that kind of money just to cruise facebook and reddit...anyone else keeping track of exercise?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
jtbo jtbo yeah, I bet that keeps you motivated. It's a bit too fast for me, I could only catch a few words. Something about "Those of us living are...... do/say it one more time........"

I'll try and get a better translation for you.

I've had a cold this week, which has made yoga a bit difficult. I had a few days of just doing slow flows, balance poses and deep stretches. I felt a bit better yesterday so did two 45 minutes Vinyassa flows. I've just done a 90 minute yoga routine. Heading out for a walk soon.

It's become almost a tradition at this time of year for one of my cats to go AWOL. This year Marley had decided to disappear. He's a big boy and I'm sure he can take care of himself, but his girlfriend Sadie misses him. Hopefully he'll show up soon. I'm going to walk around calling him just in case he decides to follow me home again.

:rolleyes3:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Monday -
3 miles on the treadmill
12/12 hours with 300+ steps for hour
13,434 steps for the day - 6.38 miles

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , wasn't Sadie the one who went missing a while back? And it took you a while to find her? I hope you can find Marley soon.

Tuesday -
3.5 miles on the treadmill (most of those miles were at 3.6 and 3.7 mph. I finished at 4 mph the last half-mile. I'm almost back to where I was.....again. Still have to work on incline; that's around 3.5%)
11/12 hours with 300+ steps per hour (I was in a meeting at work for an hour and couldn't get up to walk)
14,354 steps for the day - 6.96 miles

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Winchester Winchester they seem to take it turns to go missing every year at around the same time. Sophie for 6 weeks in 2015 and Twinkle for 6 weeks in 2016. Good news is that Marley just came home.

:yess:

Thanks Winchester and Foxxycat for your support.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Sophie. I was thinking of Sophie. I remember her being gone for quite a while. I'm so glad Marley is home!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , they know what time of year is coming and how you will need that extra room for delicious season food, they are just helping a bit :D

I have been busy with nutritional spreadsheet and piano learning, had terrible bike ride today, wet snow on ground, it would of been same to carry bike and go for a walk at some places, but at least burned some calories.

Low HR was high and high HR was low, somehow I just did not had it today, so only 1 hour 37 minutes.
upload_2017-11-29_19-59-2.png

I did make new page for spreadsheet which calculates daily totals, all sheets that have foods/recipes will be summed here, so it is bit easier to get whole picture. Also I have changed quite a bit of fatty acid calculation and recommendations, however data which I have still lacks some bits. Anyway it is now easier to tell bad Linolic Acid (LA) (one of Omega 6) and it's relative amount compared to good ALA, EPA and DHA (Omega 3) fatty acids, but I need to do bit more learning there. Also you can see high amount of saturated fats, 8 slices of bread with cheese, that is where most of that came from, cheese on those slices to be specific.
upload_2017-11-29_19-48-12.png

Also I made page for logging all of those in pic for each day, so I can collect data for long term analysis. Also some things needs to be still translated, more references added, selection for gender and so on. Bit slow to do all alone, but that Somebody whom should be doing things, has not been seen here, I guess it same for everyone else, always that Somebody missing...

Now what is interesting is that at least with current data which I have from ingredients, it looks like that I have Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio of 1:0.75 while typical is 1:4 not sure if it is because there still is some data missing or if my diet is bit different from general public.

There is small part of spreadsheet that is not shown above, but it just shows percentages of few important aspects and also cost estimation if one should eat the same for whole month.
upload_2017-11-29_20-6-55.png

There are now 23 sheets which are in use, 12 of those are months, only few sheets contain actual recipes or how those planning pages where you add ingredients and amounts of food, should be called, would need to make more of those too.

That spreadsheet took only about 4 hours of my time today, I have no idea how much time I have put to that, but it probably is over 100, might be several hundred as it is several years long project.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sure you're right jtbo jtbo . It must be rabbit season, it's unfair of me to try to keep them all in.

:D

Had a great day today. 90 minutes of yoga. I'm just a few centimeters off being able to get into full splits pose and I managed to do a transition from Crow Pose to Tripod Headstand to Pike Headstand and then a jump back into low plank pose.

Went for a long walk after that. The weather is still really warm, can't believe it's December already.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowing, went ride in woods, after 1 hour bike broke, AGAIN!

Metal fatigue, rear derailleur hanger snapped as tiny wooden stick got in between someplace, so had to push bike back and of course it happened less than 20 meters from end of small trail, I would of got home if it would lasted that 20 meters as I was planning to ride on bigger paths back home, that was naturally furthest position on whole ride, so 1 hour to walk back.

Then another 40 minutes to push back to bike shop, another bike shop and back home, so I could get them to order new part, costs for this ride were 15 euros.

I'm starting to get bored with parts breaking constantly.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My run became a walk as it had snowed a bit, enough to have that annoying inch of bearings under the foot, running would of worked fine I guess, but I did doubt my legs would handle that all, so I walked bit over hour.

So today I burned 2613 with over 4 hours of exercise, total calorie burn for the day looks to be around 4300, so it was a good day, I don't really feel even very tired.

So I'm allowed over 10 grams of salt for this kind of day, because sweating loses salt, heaviest sweating loses 5 grams of salt for each hour, that is around 2.2 grams of sodium, that is pretty much maximum possible, but with weighting before and after exercise one can get amount of sweat lost, 1kg lost is 5 grams of salt or 2.2 grams of sodium, if drinking while exercising and there is no salt/sodium in a drink, then measurement will be off by amount that has been drank.

Now important part of this is that it is very easy to loose too much salt when exercising a lot, that is what makes horrible migraines for me, so eating and getting enough salt before exercise is best medicine for my migraine.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Monday -
3.5 miles on the treadmill
12/12 hours with 300+ steps per hour
14,236 steps for the day - 6.9 miles

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The weather is still really warm, can't believe it's December already.
I can't believe I said that. It started snowing the next day.

:lol:

I've found a new yoga teacher I like on YouTube so I've been doing lots of yoga practice. I'm over my cold now so I can do inversions and more dynamic stuff. I'm really enjoying it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuesday -
3.5 miles on the treadmill
12/12 hours with 300+ steps per hour
14,535 steps for the day - 6.98 miles

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 hour 47 minutes of jogging / walking yesterday.

1 hour of walking day before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.