Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Good job everyone!
Yesterday was a rest day. For some stupid reason my hip is bothering me a lot more than usual-so I decided to skip the ride.

Today was 5.3 miles- windy on ride out-and for some reason I lost 2 minutes so couldn't get up the hill by the fire station. It was cold at first then sun came out and got rid of my heavy winter gloves. No hip pain while riding either.

Must be a fluke-a bit sore now but gonna do gentle stretches.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat you take care!

Wednesday -
3.5 miles on the treadmill (since I've increased my speed, I've lowered my time by almost 3 minutes)
12/12 hours with 300+ steps per hour
15,603 steps for the day - 7.6 miles

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thursday 5.6 miles
today 8 or 9 or 10. took pto and went around the loop of the bay-found trails in woods-got over zealous and bent the back rim a bit-went over a stupid stick which probably ruined it. tomorrow and tues is snow=gonna drop off at bike shop to see if they can fix it and price studded tires. Too bad those trails are 20 minutes away lol.

That was AWESOME. will post pics tonight.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thursday 5.6 miles
today 8 or 9 or 10. took pto and went around the loop of the bay-found trails in woods-got over zealous and bent the back rim a bit-went over a stupid stick which probably ruined it. tomorrow and tues is snow=gonna drop off at bike shop to see if they can fix it and price studded tires. Too bad those trails are 20 minutes away lol.

That was AWESOME. will post pics tonight.
You need double wall rims for trail use, complete somewhat good quality rear wheel might cost around 60 dollars, which would allow normal cassettes to be placed which are cheaper and more available than freewheel setup you currently have. Every time something fails in a bike, that is opportunity to make bike better :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat those woods look awesome! Makes me want to get a pony and canter all over them.

I've been busy this week, I've started another job (which takes me up to 4 now) so I haven't had time to get out for any walks or runs. I've managed to do at least an hour of yoga every day, but that's all.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thursday -
3.5 miles on the treadmill
16,203 steps for the day - 7.69 miles

Friday -
11/12 hours with 250+ steps per hour
12,599 steps for the day - 5.99 miles

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So dry, so flat, those would be so much fun to ride on!

Yesterday I did walk bit over hour, I did not had HR belt on, sadly bike part had not arrived yet to shop, so I guess it will be Monday that I get bike fixed again.

I try to keep rest day today, not sure if I walk tomorrow as walking makes all kinds of issues, tendons hurt, feet hurt, there are rubs and blisters, I so much prefer bike ride over long walk, but I guess it is shoe issue and the fact I don't walk too much usually.

Forecast shows bit colder days now, so hopefully it will be less muddy when I get to ride again.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't do the walking. makes my foot ache too much. It is a flat at the beginning then goes gently downhill. it wasn't bad riding back up. Will def check it out again. There were several trees down across the trail at the bottom of the slope so just wound up and down the trails before that point. it looks like a nice easy going walk. tons of tree roots. broken branches, pine needles and leaves. I love the smell of the woods.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm seriously considering starting to wear large bell in dog collar put around my neck.

People are so blind for anything coming from behind, if I run they literally jump to my path, staring their phone things, I'm sure some of you know of such all too well.

They sell them here at least, probably many other places too:
Beauty 50mm 40mm 10pcs/lot Gold/Silver Jingle Bells Fit Festival Christmas Decoration Jewelry Craft Pendants Phone Decorations-in Christmas Bells from Home & Garden on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I guess that in streets of Tokyo that would be just normal fashion, after all Aisha Clan-Clan from Ctarl-Ctarl Empire wears one, although she is Ctarl-Ctarl with Ctarl-B bloodtype from a planet Ctarl-Ctarl, it should not be any different for local humanoid lifeforms. No that is not confusing at all, it just makes perfect sense to reference planet, empire, species and blood type with a same name :D

Ok, if you haven't read or seen Outlaw Star, you probably won't understand, even then it might be bit too weird, but so am I :D

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
jtbo jtbo I've seen pictures of her, I just didn't know what her name was. People around here carry bear bells to scare the bears off when they're walking in the woods. I'm not convinced that's a good idea though. Wouldn't the bears learn that bells means nice juicy hikers heading their way? Kind of like Pavlov's dogs with the dinner bell?

Maybe just yelling at people would work better. I wonder what you could yell that would make people move fastest? "Fire!" or "Killer Bees!" or "Zombies!"?

:D

1 hour of yoga Saturday and Sunday.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jtbo jtbo I've seen pictures of her, I just didn't know what her name was. People around here carry bear bells to scare the bears off when they're walking in the woods. I'm not convinced that's a good idea though. Wouldn't the bears learn that bells means nice juicy hikers heading their way? Kind of like Pavlov's dogs with the dinner bell?

Maybe just yelling at people would work better. I wonder what you could yell that would make people move fastest? "Fire!" or "Killer Bees!" or "Zombies!"?

:D

1 hour of yoga Saturday and Sunday.
Kilrathi are coming! This is the Cat Site after all :D Kilrathi

"Snowman is really a cat and is chasing me!" might also work?

However these are finns and simply pointing and yelling "free buckets!" will cause mass panic, everyone running towards direction of pointing.

In old Britain you had to be very tactful and mind your manners, Finland is bit of same, you have to be grey odorless, tasteless, if you are different from majority that almost causes panic attack to finns, thus it is my great entertainment to push limits of accepted, so I had my bell tied to zipper of jacket, so I had bell in neck area, it was great fun running around and look shocked faces of people.

Some failed to do anything but stare, some stared, then forced themselves to look ground and few actually might have gotten little laughter for their day.

However I think I need louder bell, they still don't quite gasp concept of spatial awareness.

Then again, I would rather run through supermarket, people are so slow there especially during this time of year that they are like static cones you have to dodge, by running it would be at least bit of fun :D

Anyway, I got bike fixed, sort of, got new part, installed it and rear derailleur seems to have taken bit of hit as it will not move enough far and is bent to many directions, I tried to straighten it, but no luck, so I guess it has finally had it.

Need to get new parts again, but at least bike is working somewhat ok with limited number of gears.

I'm thinking of upgrading bike to 1x11 setup, that would help with rear derailleur issues and also it should have longer service interval.

Today 47 minutes of walking / running and 37 minutes of riding bike, around 900 calories did say bye bye.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat I like the picture of your woods. That be gorgeous with just a wee coating of snow!

I took the weekend off as it was really busy for us.

Monday -
12/12 hours with 300+ steps
13,814 steps for the day - 6.56 miles

This morning (Tuesday) I hit the treadmill and, because of increase in speed, I was able to do 3.75 miles in the time it normally takes to do 3.5 miles. That's pretty good for me; it's been an uphill battle with all the changes in medications and such and having to stop walking for two weeks here and there until I get adjusted to new meds. I don't know that I can do it every morning, but it was good today.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your point of view jtbo jtbo hahaha I am NEVER colorless. If I am wearing grey or drab colors there's something wrong with me. hahahaha. Laughter...always something to laugh at or someone to yell at lol. I am NOT quiet.

Bike ride yesterday-the idiot that plows the road didn't push the snow completely off the roads so I wasn't able to make it to the school-not enough room- made it just before at a side street. about 5 miles out and back. it was 38°F and sun came out so around 42ish in the sun. not bad.

today is snow this morning then rains this afternoon. looks like tomorrow it's going to freeze and be down to 7 at night brr. that's too cold for me. but the furnace will be cranking out heat for us. Honeybee slept on me all night again-she keeps me toasty warm-don't need no heat with her on me.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
57 minutes of bike riding burned 1068 Calories, that is ~1124 Calories in an hour, average heartrate 91.5% of maximum for that 57 minutes. I did ride like a little kid or devil, had ton of fun and shocked many people.

After that did 1 hour 11 minutes of walking, burned 860 Calories, that is ~727 Calories in an hour

You might wonder how walking burns so many calories, snow was ankle deep, I had groceries and I did not slow down on uphill, I hit 85.5% of max HR by just walking, normally HR stays below 70% of max when walking, even with groceries on uphill.

Brightest hour of the day and it is this dark, such is our December, you need lights around the clock:
upload_2017-12-12_17-50-53.png

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
since it just snowed and not sure how icy it is out there=no ride but doing my version of aerobics. no steps just moving around until I sweat. I def burn more calories on my bike. I am guessing around 500 to 600 based on how much sweat I have. and how much I huff and puff but I don't care. In motion is better than stationary.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuesday -
3.75 miles on the treadmill
15,062 steps for the day - 7.23 miles

This morning (Wednesday), the last thing I wanted to do was hit that treadmill. I just didn't want to. Rick came in the house from taking The Beast outside and he could tell I didn't want to go downstairs. He looked at me and his arm came up and he pointed to the basement steps. And down I went. And did most of my 3.75 miles this morning at 4 mph! When you don't want to exercise, that's when you need to exercise!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1.1 hour bike ride, 865 Calories per hour, it was supposed to be light ride, but it never works out like that.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
However these are finns and simply pointing and yelling "free buckets!" will cause mass panic, everyone running towards direction of pointing.
:spew:

I had no idea buckets were such a valuable commodity in Finland! You have so much snow already. It's very cold and dry here, no snow yet though.

I've had a hectic week, but I've been doing 1 hour to 90 minutes yoga every day. The trouble with doing yoga in such cold weather is that I really don't want to take my socks off, but you can't do it properly unless you're bare foot.

I wonder if I should buy myself an electrically heated carpet to put under my yoga mat? Oh no, wait......there are cats in the house. There's no way they'd let me keep it to myself.

:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.