TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As it was my rest day, no cycling today, but I think you guessed it already :D

Walking:
upload_2017-10-21_16-47-53.png

Jogging/Walking:
upload_2017-10-21_16-48-48.png

Kids, don't try this at home, it was below freezing at night and when I did this it was only 1C, rocks were wet and practically same as if those would of been ice, but this is my kind of fun, just need better fitness, that is quite steep uphill:

Winchester Winchester show that and ask if you can start doing the same instead of cycling, you get to cycling in no time :D

Norachan Norachan you will love beginning of this, I'm sure of it! This is 32% incline I could keep up only 40s until exhausting, need to practice more, that is one evil climb, but I did run it down when it was dark and raining earlier this week, now that was best fun I have ever had, some might start to doubt my sanity at least now, not that there has been question about lacking one before either.

Running up 32% climb:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That looks like hard work jtbo jtbo ! Yeah, I would just fall down that, no point trying to run.

:lol:

This week has been really cold and wet. Typhoon Lan is on it's way, I'm already having nightmares about the amount of trees it will bring down. I have Mr Chainsaw's number on speed dial on my phone.

I did yoga every day this week, but the only day I could get out for exercise was Wednesday. Went horse riding for 90 minutes.

Saddles spread out for airing.

Horses51.jpg

Sou Chan getting some TLC.
Horses53.jpg

Suzuki grasses in full bloom.
Horses57.jpg

Forest nuts and berries. All edible except for the flower.
Horses60.jpg

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love your pics Norachan Norachan , I see you got even some sun, no such luck here now, today it was raining white stuff and temperature was around freezing. Actually technically that was yesterday (Sunday) as now is Monday and I'm up just because I fell at sleep too soon, got up and try to wait to go back to sleep, grrr.

Sunday's ride, I had quite stiff legs, but after warming up it was not that bad:
upload_2017-10-23_0-36-33.png

1st place on nation in climbing, 7th place in distance for whole week, luckily others did not climb too much this week it seems, but now I know what it will take to get me to top, I will need a lot more training to be able to keep that pace up all the time.

Also got 1st place on climbing and 3rd place in distance for whole week at local bike club.

Over 3200 meters climbed during the week and there was two days without cycling at all, which surely were needed, if I include walk/run, total I climbed during the week becomes to 4000 vertical meters, that is a lot for me, but really good guys can do 12 000 meters and much faster and keep doing that every other week if not every week, some guys climb over 20 000 meters in a week, which is way beyond my abilities or even what I can comprehend.

So, it is not big achievement, but it took a lot of work from me, so I'm bit proud of it, few rest days and then need to keep practicing.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , what kind of berries are they? I really like your pictures!

Sunday -
2 miles on the treadmill
12/12 hours with 300+ per hour
10,251 steps for the day - 4.85 miles (most of my day was spent in the kitchen, in front of the sink, peeling apples and cooking apples, so I didn't get a lot of extra steps in)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , what kind of berries are they? I really like your pictures!

Sunday -
2 miles on the treadmill
12/12 hours with 300+ per hour
10,251 steps for the day - 4.85 miles (most of my day was spent in the kitchen, in front of the sink, peeling apples and cooking apples, so I didn't get a lot of extra steps in)
The red berries are from a yamaboshi tree. They have the most beautiful white flowers in the summer. I'm thinking of getting one for the garden.

yamaboshi tree - Google 検索

I actually got out for a run today! The trail was pretty rough after all that rain from the typhoon, but it was so nice to see sunshine again.

90 minutes yoga and a 20 minute run today.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 hour jog/walk thing, it was snowing and ground was white, still no need for gloves as jogging produces a lot of heat:
upload_2017-10-23_22-9-30.png

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I wish I could post some pictures from my walk in the morning, but all you'd see would be the inside of the basement window! :lol: I have a very boring walk. Although sometimes an animal will peek in the basement window at me. At this time of year, though, it's just dark.

Monday -
3.25 miles on the treadmill
12/12 hours with 300+ steps per hour
15,105 steps for the day - 7.15 miles

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Got my ride in Sunday and Monday- got my camel pack and saves another 5 minutes so now I got further, pretty soon I will make it to the end of the road. It's so pretty out there-wish I had time to take pictures.

love the pictures everyone!

Winchester that must be funny to have an animal peaking in the window :crackup:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my ride done-super windy and cloudy then sunny-humid 71. Wore my long pants and had to pull over to shed them-had my bike shorts on underneath-sweat like crazy-only got to the fire station-figured I would need the extra minutes to get up the big hill at the end of the ride-it wasn't too bad. Stayed in 4th gear up it until the very top!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good for you foxxycat foxxycat Cycling up hill is hard work.

I did an hour of yoga and a 30 minute run yesterday, 90 minutes of yoga today. It's raining again.

:hmmm:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tuesday -
15,561 steps for the day - 7.37 miles

And this morning? I started the treadmill at 3.4 mph and finished up at 3.7 mph. First time since I started having trouble back at the beginning of August. I'm shooting for 4.0 mph, which would give me 4 15-minute miles in an hour. Still only at a 2% incline though. It will come.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Wednesday -
16,551 steps for the day - 8.3 miles

foxxycat foxxycat There's a really pretty black kitty who's been hanging around our Joe Pye weed, which is planted right by the basement window where the treadmill is (it's been there enough that I've looked for kittens). Every once in a while, it will sit on the outside window sill and watch me. I've tried to go out to it, but it always runs away. I've seen skunks peeking in the window and I saw a raccoon one time, just walking by. I've seen deer walking up the yard, but not close by the window. It would be easier to see animals right now because we have everything cut down for the winter; unfortunately, it's too dark to see much at this time of year.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester sounds very interesting! Yeah some kitties are skittish no matter what.

Today got bike ride in and it was drizzly. I got wet and it was a blast. No mud. Just road sand..getting ready to change out of my clothes now that I finally cooled off. I need better glasses that repell water better.

An annoyance=there were 2 people walking in the road with umbrellas-it's a narrow area-and they would NOT move over-I yelled out please move over-there's no way for me to see over the hill and don't want us to get hit.

I don't know if they got mad or what. But man on a narrow wet road-don't walk in the middle of your road with your Damn umbrellas taking up 4 feet-usually people see me and they move out of the way..they were playing chicken and don't understand...one guy said I should have whizzed through a puddle=I said no I don't want someone soaking me so I won't do it to someone else..so I am sure I annoyed two women today..oh well. Get out of the road already!!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually slow down to walking speed, greet friendly and if I'm in good mood tell a joke to entertain people nearby, sometimes just exchange few words about path/weather conditions.

It just gives me opportunity to accelerate again and that feels absolutely wonderful with 26er MTB with light tires.

Today I did almost 2 hours of walking/jogging, it was snowing (there was 1-2 inch on ground) and dark when I got out, after warmup it was quite easy to jog and as there is more oxygen in cold air, I did not run out of breath so easily, but I still preferred to jog only at level ground or downhill sections.
It was small trails with mud, roots and rocks/stones lurking under the snow and then bit wider trails for skiing during the winter.

I had an injury again, but didn't even notice until back home, little blood is nothing, you should see my legs, it is almost if muscles had been bleeding, blue long stripes everywhere, level of dedication is high, nothing should stop from reaching the goals.
upload_2017-10-26_22-48-44.png

Still quite slow and lot of walking, but as weather gets colder, I think that will improve. It was really cold at the beginning and too hot when running, so I'm not sure what kind of clothing I should use when it gets colder.
upload_2017-10-26_22-50-51.png

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Thursday -
3 miles on the treadmill
13,953 steps for the day - 6.61 miles

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No day without something, derailleur fail, oh goo is not grease, it is swamp mud, it did sank, I did pedal like madman and something got tangled between spokes, it was only SLX Shadow, can't get new one anymore as 9 speed is out of fashion, so I need to get XT I think and that is around 70 euros, grrrrr :( :
upload_2017-10-27_20-21-46.png

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jtbo jtbo crap!!

My bike has been skipping on gear #4 but 6 and 7 don't work-need to have cable adjusted-doesn't matter-I only use a few settings-and I noticed the points are nicked off so I will need to replace the rear cassette this winter. for now it works most of the time.

Another ride today 5.6-5.8 miles I think it is-got a bit further but windy.

Status
Not open for further replies.