The 2017 Exercise Motivation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been riding with this mostly, in 2 weeks about 1500km (932 miles) and top speed of thing is 45km/h (~28mph) at most.

Oh and we have below freezing temps at evening/night so it is quite cold to ride that thing. I should go ride now, but it is 13C/33F out there, if I could get myself to walk/run I might do that instead, would get my mind off from grieving at least.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walk in the darkness, sun did set before I managed to get out. HR was quite low, around middle of walk I did stop for a moment and my HR did fell to 60 bpm.
upload_2017-9-7_0-57-10.png

Why big birds wait until you are almost under the tree and then bolt off making very loud noises all of sudden? Someone might get spooked by such, when only thing you can see is where your torch shines to. Of course torch did run out of juice before I could get home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's a beautiful bike jtbo jtbo What CC is it? It looks like it would be much faster than that. I guess that's a pretty good speed to go in rural areas though.

I have the same problem with wildlife suddenly rushing out in front of me. The birds aren't so bad, the deer almost give me a heart attack every time.

I took a day off today as I needed to get a lot of stuff done around the house. 4 or 5 hours of constant movement, I guess that counts as exercise.

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a beautiful bike jtbo jtbo What CC is it? It looks like it would be much faster than that. I guess that's a pretty good speed to go in rural areas though.

I have the same problem with wildlife suddenly rushing out in front of me. The birds aren't so bad, the deer almost give me a heart attack every time.

I took a day off today as I needed to get a lot of stuff done around the house. 4 or 5 hours of constant movement, I guess that counts as exercise.
That is only 49cc, I can ride that without a license because I'm old person, so that is a plus, but speed is limited by the law to 45kph.

It is much better than those scooter types on gravel roads though.

Every time I park that moped someone completely unknown person comes to chat, then people start to gather and my shopping trip takes longer than anticipated all of sudden.

Today I did cut and chop firewood for 1 hour, that might be last of firewood chopping for now.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wednesday -
1.5 miles on the treadmill
11 of 12 hours with 300+ steps for hour (in a meeting with my boss from 3 to 4)
12,366 steps for the day

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
didn't do anything yesterday. rested foot-so far not too much pain-got to make appointment with ortho at new place but right now it's not hurting. it hurt after my walk but goes away an hour later. So it's healing if I eat more calcium.

Tonight GYM :cloud9:

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did test my resting HR yesterday evening, of course it should be tested right after waking up without getting up from the bed, but there is not much difference for me, I guess:
upload_2017-9-8_8-42-20.png

Slowly I'm getting back where I was more than a year ago:
upload_2017-9-8_8-44-37.png

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Just 90 minutes of yoga today. I think having a rest yesterday did me good. I was more flexible today and could hold the arm balances for longer.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hit the gym last night-lost some strength in arms so have to start all over again but my back and chest still has some good strength left. Feel ok today.

elliptical- 2 miles. the first mile was 11 minutes-yes I pushed myself-the music was good and I had energy left over from my noontime walk-seems when I power walk at lunch it gives me a burst of energy to get through the workout after work..strange how that works.

Sorry you have to be benched Winchester. That really stinks. I so understand your frustration-knock on wood-with my metal insert-minimal pain in foot-but I am only doing 30 min at a time-no more 1 hour power marathons. I hope your meds work FAST.

Got my lunchtime stroll done and got 20 feet further and then turned to go back.

Good job everyone!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's too bad Winchester Winchester Are you feeling any better? I hope the new meds work.

Good job foxxycat foxxycat It's strange how every little bit of exercise affects your energy levels and strength, isn't it? Even those 10 minutes or so that you don't think count for much.

I did pretty much the same routine on Saturday and Sunday; 45 minutes of power yoga, 30 minute run and then an hour of slow flow/deep stretch yoga after that.

I didn't start work until 2 pm today. That gave me time to clean the house, do an hour of yoga and walk for an hour.

jtbo jtbo you're in the elite level! Good for you!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys. Yes, the new med is working well with minimal side effects. I went on the new med last Thursday night and, after about two hours, my heart rate dropped from 97 (lying in bed) to 65. The difference was amazing for me. And I haven't felt that intense pounding of my heart. Blood pressure has also dropped dramatically, down to where it used to be. And it's continued throughout the weekend. I feel so much better. I have to say that I was starting to get worried. I was sitting around, doing nothing, and my heart rate was 117! Not good at all. My resting heart rate has dropped from 72 down to 63.

The doctor really doesn't want me walking for the two weeks because it takes about two weeks to see what's going to happen. And I get it; I don't like it, but I get it. If things continue this way, I should be cleared for walking late next week. (I may try it next Monday, just as a little test, not far.....we're getting into fall and cooler temperatures and I'd really like to get back outside during lunch. I haven't walked outside in months and months, probably not since late winter because of all the stuff going on with knees and feet, the summer heat and humidity, and now this.) No more diet Mt. Dew, no more chocolate, easy on the tomatoes for a while, easy on the salt.....not that I cook with a lot of salt anyway; I gave that up a long time ago. I'm still drinking my morning coffee, but that's pretty much it.

But I can say that the difference between the other med and this one is night and day. I really am feeling a lot better. I had gotten to the point on that other med that I was afraid to do much because of the racing heart rate. It was a horrible feeling.

And I know that's way too much information!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. Yes, the new med is working well with minimal side effects. I went on the new med last Thursday night and, after about two hours, my heart rate dropped from 97 (lying in bed) to 65. The difference was amazing for me. And I haven't felt that intense pounding of my heart. Blood pressure has also dropped dramatically, down to where it used to be. And it's continued throughout the weekend. I feel so much better. I have to say that I was starting to get worried. I was sitting around, doing nothing, and my heart rate was 117! Not good at all. My resting heart rate has dropped from 72 down to 63.

The doctor really doesn't want me walking for the two weeks because it takes about two weeks to see what's going to happen. And I get it; I don't like it, but I get it. If things continue this way, I should be cleared for walking late next week. (I may try it next Monday, just as a little test, not far.....we're getting into fall and cooler temperatures and I'd really like to get back outside during lunch. I haven't walked outside in months and months, probably not since late winter because of all the stuff going on with knees and feet, the summer heat and humidity, and now this.) No more diet Mt. Dew, no more chocolate, easy on the tomatoes for a while, easy on the salt.....not that I cook with a lot of salt anyway; I gave that up a long time ago. I'm still drinking my morning coffee, but that's pretty much it.

But I can say that the difference between the other med and this one is night and day. I really am feeling a lot better. I had gotten to the point on that other med that I was afraid to do much because of the racing heart rate. It was a horrible feeling.

And I know that's way too much information!
That is great news!

I'm having opposite issue at the moment actually, HR is not getting very high, it is amount I eat that seems to effect that, if I have big energy deficit my HR is higher and if I eat more HR is less, also dehydration seems to increase my HR.

Amount of recent exercise does also affect my HR, well rested HR rises higher during exercise.

But with amount you walk, I would think that your HR should be 60 at max when at bed, of course that depends a lot from genetics too, but having it over 70 when in bed is indeed quite high.

Hopefully doctor gives you green light soon!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
jtbo jtbo you're in the elite level! Good for you!
I just wish that would show up bit more in my performance :crackup:

HR did not go any higher, despite I did try a lot and hard, three laps at wonderful fine sand covered road (dual track), I guess yesterday's walk did had some effect, but I was excepting bit more speed, last lap was very slow casual cycling and hardly difference in speed.
upload_2017-9-11_22-52-49.png

Yesterday's walk/run, it just did not go too well, stomach started hurting and HR did not get up very well, so it was more of walking:
upload_2017-9-11_22-58-29.png

HR during warmup before that was around 90bpm, HR got to zone 3 when just walking few months ago, but maybe fitness has improved now, at least somewhat.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad that you're seeing some improvement already Winchester Winchester 2 weeks isn't that long to wait. With any luck you'll be able to start walking again and enjoy the cooler autumn weather.

Why does your stomach hurt when you run jtbo jtbo ? Is it stitch?

90 minutes yoga and a 30 minute run today. It still feels really hot and humid here, I wonder if we're going to get some thunder storms this week.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgot to record my walk yesterday. it was 79 degrees so I couldn't go as fast as usual. only walked 1.4 miles instead of 1.75 as I felt unusually tired and just bloated-ate stupid chips beforehand-won't do that today.

I went home to try to go to bed early since I didn't get much sleep this weekend watching the hurricane stuff-and nope didn't sleep until 1am again...gonna try to hit the gym after work-trying to only do a workout every other day but it's easier for me to do it every day otherwise I get lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.