Tera + 2 - 4

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty the Horrible has learned to open EVERY door in the house. Goddess help me if she ever figures out the deadbolts!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hekitty the Horrible has learned to open EVERY door in the house. Goddess help me if she ever figures out the deadbolts!
probably not. And a housecat her age probably has little desire to go outside. You should be here when I go to the bathroom with the door shut. Before the room fills up with cats.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
YOU'RE ALLOWED TO CLOSE THE BATHROOM DOOR???

I'm off to find food. Again, I haven't eaten all day.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
YOU'RE ALLOWED TO CLOSE THE BATHROOM DOOR???

I'm off to find food. Again, I haven't eaten all day.
Please eat. And no I am NOT allowed to close the bathroom door. I will never do it again. I thought the twins were going to dismantle the door frame. Yet they don't try and follow me outside.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty has actually ventured onto the front porch when Suzanne forgot to close the door as she came out. I was already out there, talking with my neighbor. I turned around to see Hekitty sitting on my little stool like an Egyptian goddess surveying her worshippers. Tossed her back in and reminded Suzanne that doors MUST BE CLOSED! All INTERIOR doors, with the exception of one closet, must be opened at all times. For some reason, she doesn't mind the storage closet off of the dining room staying opened!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hekitty has actually ventured onto the front porch when Suzanne forgot to close the door as she came out. I was already out there, talking with my neighbor. I turned around to see Hekitty sitting on my little stool like an Egyptian goddess surveying her worshippers. Tossed her back in and reminded Suzanne that doors MUST BE CLOSED! All INTERIOR doors, with the exception of one closet, must be opened at all times. For some reason, she doesn't mind the storage closet off of the dining room staying opened!
I would have feinted and then looked for my bat.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...I didn't grab a bat, but she hasn't forgotten THAT again! I was quite forceful.

EEP! Full SD card? What now?

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
LOL...I didn't grab a bat, but she hasn't forgotten THAT again! I was quite forceful.

EEP! Full SD card? What now?
I put mine in our safe deposit box and start a new one. I tried to put one out of another camera in but it wanted to format it and there are pictures on all of them.
I'm looking at cat harnesses. Neither Mook or Mercy would do well but I suspect some time on a lead for the babies may end up being necessary. It's very touchy subject for me because if they love it and they will how do you restructure door protocol with a cat that has been taught to get back when you go out. I'm thinking of getting one of the welded wire dog kennels with a solid roof and a lawn chair. In and out via crate ?

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That would work. But I have friends who harness their cats, and the cats learn very quickly that doors are NOT to be approached WITHOUT harness and leash. As smart as your two are, I'd bet they would pick it up fairly easily!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
That would work. But I have friends who harness their cats, and the cats learn very quickly that doors are NOT to be approached WITHOUT harness and leash. As smart as your two are, I'd bet they would pick it up fairly easily!
Its funny how you sense a need when you're close to them. Getting them used to a harness wouldn't be a bad idea so maybe start there. I have to admit there is a part of me that would love to have the company out there. I'm pretty sure we'll be caged...

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
The holster type harnesses are far more secure, and appear to be more comfortable. Chewy has some good ones as well as this place, which actually patented the original kitty holster: Cats who hate harnesses LOVE the Kitty Holster cat harness! Walk your cat!
I'm probably going to start a thread and get some feedback. We are looking at cat enclosures and you get so little for your money. I came across this. Probably another 500 to put in pet safe screen and hardware fabric plus a connector tunnel. Plus it would really look nice. Doesn't have to be this kit but I really like the style.
https://images.samsclubresources.com/is/image/samsclub/0069153000591_A?$img_size_380x380$

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
THAT is pretty! When you start the thread, be sure to link it here, since we don't get notifications on people we follow anymore. I'm getting used to the new format, but I REALLY miss that!