Tera + 2 - 4

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL...and apparently the best I can get from my individual is, "If you come near me with those clippers, you will bleed." But I am eternally optimistic and continue.
Some cats seem to carry the saber tooth gene. Its why I find it so offensive when someone wants to get a cat because they don't need much care.

paddy_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just tried the burrito thing and it kind of worked! I took the big towel and my Blacky was relatively calm, even seemed quite curious about the new "game". Maybe it's because she anyway likes to playfully hide and seek in clothes etc.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Just tried the burrito thing and it kind of worked! I took the big towel and my Blacky was relatively calm, even seemed quite curious about the new "game". Maybe it's because she anyway likes to playfully hide and seek in clothes etc.
I use an old robe I've found the collar makes it easier to wrap the cat up and make a snug neck hole. I lay the robe on the counter put cat on and wrap so the bulk of the robe is on top.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea, I'll have to see if I have an old robe. It would be longer than a towel, so might work better to cover their claws without folding them up too much.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey, I'm back. I wasn't here yesterday because a small crew of people was digging up my backyard and replacing a bad stretch of cable. Of course, that wasn't the reason I keep losing my internet. GRIN...when they came to verify that all was well, and it wasn't, one of the guys was poking around behind the television and realized the the installer had put the connectors on the lengths of cable incorrectly. LOL...they fixed that, and I haven't had a stutter since!

I don't even own a bathrobe. I wonder if my winter coat would work?

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I'm back. I wasn't here yesterday because a small crew of people was digging up my backyard and replacing a bad stretch of cable. Of course, that wasn't the reason I keep losing my internet. GRIN...when they came to verify that all was well, and it wasn't, one of the guys was poking around behind the television and realized the the installer had put the connectors on the lengths of cable incorrectly. LOL...they fixed that, and I haven't had a stutter since!

I don't even own a bathrobe. I wonder if my winter coat would work?
Maybe one of those Kevlar dog training suits for you ?

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind!

I adore those napping cat shots. Especially Mercy, who is so saying what I get from Hekitty ALL THE TIME!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
It's a tortie thing. Anyone who thinks it's a myth has not had that look directed at them.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mercy and Mook are both Torties right? What is the difference between Tortie and Calico, do Calicos have white on them? I had two when I was a child, but I have no idea which they were, we just called them Calico. I'll have to find some pictures and see if they had white on them.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mook is a blue smoke tortoiseshell , Mercy is tortoiseshell. Kitten was a blue cream dilute tortoiseshell.

paddy_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use an old robe I've found the collar makes it easier to wrap the cat up and make a snug neck hole. I lay the robe on the counter put cat on and wrap so the bulk of the robe is on top.
Good idea with the robe! It may work better than a towel!? I have an old one and will try it next time...

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Mercy and Mook are both Torties right? What is the difference between Tortie and Calico, do Calicos have white on them? I had two when I was a child, but I have no idea which they were, we just called them Calico. I'll have to find some pictures and see if they had white on them.
As I understand it, torties may or may not have white. A calico always has white and has solid blocks of color like this: calico.jpg

while a tortie's colors are more...blended, like this:
Teh Big Lap.JPG

Hekitty actually has small patches of white. Very small. And ONE white whisker, don't ask me why.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My childhood cats were probably Torties then because they looked more like the second picture with the darker colors all throughout, not splotches like the first picture. Thanks for the info!