Tera + 2 - 4

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Or a crime scene cleaner, that actually pays rather well, but in our case, it would be paid in shed claw casing and the odd cast whisker. I've never seen a cat being cruel. I have frequently observed them obeying the instinctive imperative to continuously hone hunting skills. If one is to live with cats, one needs to understand that difference. And I repeat, yet again, apex predators in their weight class.

I think you are wise to bring the seed cakes in at night, given the bears. Although, I might bet on Mook should one have the temerity to threaten THAT lady.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH...it took those pics of Mercy a minute to load! Dear Goddess, she is so beautiful! And she obviously loves her stringy.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
OH...it took those pics of Mercy a minute to load! Dear Goddess, she is so beautiful! And she obviously loves her stringy.
The pictures load really slow here I find using a link to FB makes for a better sized picture and 10X easier.
We heard snarling one day and thought there was a coyote or really big stray dog out our back picture window. My H was outside beating the bushes looking for the culprit to take care of it when I heard it again. It was Mook. How she managed a snarl like that is beyond me. I don't know what upset her.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mercy is 100% sweetie pie until you have to do something with her. I know from her records handed to me at her adoption and at the first vet visit she had a rocky start. Then a failed adoption where I'm not sure what went on. Doing something as simple as flea treating her becomes a major operation. Mook, Frog and Toad were done in less than 2 minutes. It's going to take 2 days to let Mercy calm down enough to try again. Off to put some Neosporin on the totally innocent claw marks on my hand and arm. Even scared to death she tried as hard as she could not to get while getting away. She can turn that tiny body inside out. She's a real challenge.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hekitty does not take well to ANY trifling with her body. Her claws desperately need clipping, but it is a two-person job, and since the only person I know well enough to ask is Suzanne, and she is a stroke survivor with limited use of her left side, she's no good at all for that. I need someone healthy, strong, who knows cats to assist. Gads. And I have to de-flea...well, there are no fleas, it's a pre-emptive strike...as well, I could end up in the ER getting stitches. It has happened before. LOL...last time I took Hekitty to the vet...no, the time before that...the receptionist announced, "Hekitty is here!" and a tiny voice from the back replied, "oh god"!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hekitty does not take well to ANY trifling with her body. Her claws desperately need clipping, but it is a two-person job, and since the only person I know well enough to ask is Suzanne, and she is a stroke survivor with limited use of her left side, she's no good at all for that. I need someone healthy, strong, who knows cats to assist. Gads. And I have to de-flea...well, there are no fleas, it's a pre-emptive strike...as well, I could end up in the ER getting stitches. It has happened before. LOL...last time I took Hekitty to the vet...no, the time before that...the receptionist announced, "Hekitty is here!" and a tiny voice from the back replied, "oh god"!
I haven't see flea activity however it's summer in the desert. I'm hoping that 3 defleaded cats with frontline will be sufficient to take care of a problem even on Mercy. They sleep together all the time. Unless I see what I would consider suspicious activity I'm going to leave it.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't blame you a bit. Here in NC, with our humidity, fleas come in on their own. Even if you don't have an animal, sometimes.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Don't blame you a bit. Here in NC, with our humidity, fleas come in on their own. Even if you don't have an animal, sometimes.
Its raining like crazy. If we keep this up and have a wet monsoon flow it's going to be hell. I stocked up on mosquito dunks and a gallon of mineral oil. Just a squirt in a puddle will oil the surface and kill bug larva. I hate spraying out side the birds have nests but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah. Currently I'm battling the ant infestation in the yard. I saw several new BIG beds, so I'll be going out tonight and putting grits around them. That'll knock them down very quickly.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Currently I'm battling the ant infestation in the yard. I saw several new BIG beds, so I'll be going out tonight and putting grits around them. That'll knock them down very quickly.
I finally got some stuff from the hardware store that got rid of ant hills I could see on google earth.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
So right now it's Mercy 10 and mommy 0 on failed attempts to sneak up with the tube of frontline. Damn she's good. For added effects she slept by my head cuddling with me most of the night.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you do the kitty burrito with a towel or shirt? That's what I have to do with mine to get the Frontline on them.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Can you do the kitty burrito with a towel or shirt? That's what I have to do with mine to get the Frontline on them.
I did that yesterday. She is so tiny and agile she turned around wrapped like a stuffed sausage. Right now she is sitting next to me making love blinks. Oh it's now Mercy 11 mommy 0. she took a poop in my bathroom. Mercy upset = poop in my bathroom. It's pretty rare but I connected the dots to Mercy and a misplaced pile long ago. In fact I can give Vegas odds on when it's going to happen .

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mercy looks so innocent! :D
She's a little doll. She seems to have had a rough month with the people who returned her to the shelter. Those formative weeks when you teach them to trust are missing so we have to undo and repair. She's 99% angel. Just a few quirks.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
99% Perfect is still pretty good.:redheartpump: Mine don't like it either, I think they hate the wetness on the back of their necks.