Tera + 2 - 4

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
But its the quirks that make them so very themselves! I'm still waiting for the moment to try to sneak the frontline in. I'm hoping she will think I've forgotten about it.

I love the visual of Mercy wrapped around your head with a little smirk on her kittyface!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to cheek it like the old spy movies did cyanide and then when she has her backside stuffed in my face I'm going to bite down and spit...Thoughts on how this might work out ?

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Mercy was riding in the crook of my arm this morning supervising breakfast making and I just reached up squirted the frontline and kept walking. She knows, I'm getting her stinkeye between her slow blinking me.
Sometimes we get so in the moment of getting the job done we're our own worst enemies. I had simply put it out of mine until I realized the vial was 6 inches from my nose and Mercy had her attention diverted elsewhere. It may not have went on in the perfect place and a drop was till in the vial but it's on her and no one is bleeding or hiding behind the furniture.
frog and toad 21 007.JPG
Mercy , post apocalypse.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great job! Did you have the top off the vial already? I learned to do that ahead of time because it takes too long if you try to get the top off while holding the cat.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Great job! Did you have the top off the vial already? I learned to do that ahead of time because it takes too long if you try to get the top off while holding the cat.
Yes, It's been there on the shelf. Normally I would have opened one and got her first but I had two volunteers and I thought she was sleeping in the back room. Apparently not.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm going to cheek it like the old spy movies did cyanide and then when she has her backside stuffed in my face I'm going to bite down and spit...Thoughts on how this might work out ?
:flail::crackup::lolup::spew:

Mercy was riding in the crook of my arm this morning supervising breakfast making and I just reached up squirted the frontline and kept walking. She knows, I'm getting her stinkeye between her slow blinking me.
Sometimes we get so in the moment of getting the job done we're our own worst enemies. I had simply put it out of mine until I realized the vial was 6 inches from my nose and Mercy had her attention diverted elsewhere. It may not have went on in the perfect place and a drop was till in the vial but it's on her and no one is bleeding or hiding behind the furniture.
View attachment 186184
Mercy , post apocalypse.
VERY nicely done! Any time you get that job done and no stitches are required, it's a win in my book!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A kitty burrito is when you wrap the kitty up in a towel like a burrito so you can do stuff to them like put their flea medication on the back of their neck or pill them, etc. :)

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
A kitty burrito is when you wrap the kitty up in a towel like a burrito so you can do stuff to them like put their flea medication on the back of their neck or pill them, etc. :)
I know. It usually works quite well Unless you have a Mercy. When you wrap a cat there is a point where they usually give up if only for a few seconds Mercy goes into a deeper panic mode and is in danger of hurting themselves. I spent yesterday touching her between the shoulder blades and saying her name the way she likes it. While she felt the frontline go on there was less of a shock and only a few minutes of sitting and glaring.

paddy_cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All right, thanks for your explanation! :) Seems to be worth trying next time...let's see how my Blacky is going to react. Hopefully no deeper panic mode as mentioned above.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
All right, thanks for your explanation! :) Seems to be worth trying next time...let's see how my Blacky is going to react. Hopefully no deeper panic mode as mentioned above.
Even wrapping a cat up for treatment requires a level of trust.
Mercy was taken in at 4 weeks
Put in a foster
Put in the shelter
Adopted
Returned to the shelter all before 4 months of age. Her adoption was a fail and she was returned for behavior issues. She also had baby kitten issues like diarrhea , worms on repeated trips to the vet. She is either made fearful or more naturally sensitive.
It is always important to remember when making that kitty burrito you can wrap them so tight you can cause an injury and that wrapped under the right emotional state their last defense is to bite you out of fear.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I don't wrap the towel or shirt very tight. I have to wrap mine in something, they are ex-feral and they try to claw me to death. They start flailing their arms around as soon as you pick them up.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I don't wrap the towel or shirt very tight. I have to wrap mine in something, they are ex-feral and they try to claw me to death. They start flailing their arms around as soon as you pick them up.
Sounds fun. We play the pick up and put down game

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
What is the pick up and put down game?
Tolerance. Cat , horse any animal you are having issues with. You push the limit to just before they struggle. Back off, repeat. With cats it teaches them , eventually to ask to be put down rather than go into flight mode. Initially you may only be able to pick your cat up for a second. Toad even though she has been handled since birth does not like to be picked up. Realistically you need to be able to handle your pets so it's a work in progress. Not only is she doing better she's been coming to us for loves more.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can, once they tolerate being picked up, extend the same principle to other areas. I gently stroke Hekitty's paws for a few seconds, or hold them with two fingers, one on top, one on the bottom. The theory is that eventually, I'll be able to clip her claws myself without ending up with stitches.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
You can, once they tolerate being picked up, extend the same principle to other areas. I gently stroke Hekitty's paws for a few seconds, or hold them with two fingers, one on top, one on the bottom. The theory is that eventually, I'll be able to clip her claws myself without ending up with stitches.
It's a very positive training method. All animals and humans have varying tolerance limits. You aim for the best you can get from an individual not conformity across the board.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...and apparently the best I can get from my individual is, "If you come near me with those clippers, you will bleed." But I am eternally optimistic and continue.