Tera + 2 - 4

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

And then there was the night hunt. Someone please explain how one moth can survive 4 cats for most of the night with them eventually dragging their mostly shredded but still moving spit soaked toy onto the foot of the bed to continue the torture in comfort. They were snatching the poor thing out of each other's mouths and from under clawed paws. Your first instinct is to swat the poor thing but this is the nature of cats. That moth has been on the ceiling for two days and it was a hard won prize.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have often told people that they ignore the nature of these small warriors at their peril. We are harboring apex predators in our homes. Pound for pound, in their weight class, nothing can touch them. But they are not wantonly vicious, as YOU well know, they simply are compelled by their instincts to hone their hunting skills. And as difficult as it sometimes is to watch, there is also a grace and beauty to it. And you know this, as well. I'm not saying anything that I think you DON'T know, sometimes it's just a pleasure to say it to someone who knows what I mean.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I have often told people that they ignore the nature of these small warriors at their peril. We are harboring apex predators in our homes. Pound for pound, in their weight class, nothing can touch them. But they are not wantonly vicious, as YOU well know, they simply are compelled by their instincts to hone their hunting skills. And as difficult as it sometimes is to watch, there is also a grace and beauty to it. And you know this, as well. I'm not saying anything that I think you DON'T know, sometimes it's just a pleasure to say it to someone who knows what I mean.
They hunted their prey and treated like I've seen many outdoor cats behave. If you feel your pets needs you see that this needed to be theirs to complete. There were four self satisfied smug cats last night.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They do seem to enjoy having someone praise them, or at least notice, when they've obviously subdued such a dangerous creature!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I highly approve of your Kitchen Guardian.

Hekitty loves tummy rubs, but only on occasion. All OTHER occasions are subject to shredded hands.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Frog is my huggy lovey just pet me over and over anywhere kitty. She'll rear up to meet your hand. Roll around without shame. I accept that any shelf in my home must have butt space for a cat.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think, being honest (and if not with you, then with whom?) that it's more accurate to say "Hekitty's house" than "my house." And I have to admit that I'm quite content that this is so. If only she paid her share of the bills, now, we'd be somewhere...

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I think, being honest (and if not with you, then with whom?) that it's more accurate to say "Hekitty's house" than "my house." And I have to admit that I'm quite content that this is so. If only she paid her share of the bills, now, we'd be somewhere...
She pays in purrs and cuddles and just overall unbearable cuteness.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is very true, and NOT to be undervalued. I tell her so often that she is the heart and soul that make this apartment a home.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

There is something just charming about a well behaved housecat roosting in the pantry. I'm sure she's busy looking for a mouse.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I shudder for the mouse who dares poke a whisker in that house! Your guys would be ALL OVER IT!

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I shudder for the mouse who dares poke a whisker in that house! Your guys would be ALL OVER IT!
Pity me I'd probably be the mop up crew. You know like one of those cleaners the mob calls in to make things pretty again. This subject came up on POC with someone thinking we allow our cats to be cruel. Again cats don't have a concept of being cruel. When I've had to interrupt a hunt usually to keep the house intact they are agitated for hours. It's not as easy as telling them no bad kitty and then trying to divert them with treats or a toy. Right now Mook is making birds miserable by hitting the screen every time one tries to land and get some seed cake. I don't feel guilty at all. Those birds all eat because I have cats. ( because of a bear in the area this week the cakes come in at night) .